Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Manchester terror attack

1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Race Engineer
Maybe not the place and absolute off topic but I get devestated by things like this and I would like to pay my respects to all those affected in Manchester and their loved ones. 

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

Comments

• floriswijers16floriswijers16 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    edited May 23
    Thoughts are with the family and also Ariana Grande. Can't describe what happend. I was at here concert last week and now This. Im burning inside and also hurting from inside. Why is this even possible. #prayformanchester :heartbreak:
  • R4pp3rR4pp3r Member Race Steward
    Our thoughts and best wishes to all those effected from Australia and my condolences to all those affiliated with the unfortunate ones who passed away.
    Nothing better than watching a driver on the ragged edge. Nothing better than feeling a car right on the limits of its own performance.
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    I respect that Jenny, just placed it here because I'm always here and had to get it off my chest.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

• Hammerpgh62Hammerpgh62 Member Wheel Nut
    This stuff is just inconceivable. Can never get my head around the reasoning behind such cowardly attacks. My daughter lives in Manchester and attends that arena for concerts so it was a real shocker to finds this out this morning. Can't imagine the horror that some families are going through today. Thoughts and best wishes are with them all.
  • LiveriesTheBestLiveriesTheBest Member Unleaded
    My thoughts are with all the victims of the attack. #prayformanchester
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    It's absolutely sickening. I can't imagine what the parents of the kids that died are going through, or the kids that seen the devastation. Terrorist attacks are sick no matter who they target, but specifically targeting young kids feels like a whole new level. 

Also sick are people on Twitter blaming Muslims and Islam. These monsters that carry out these attacks are not religious nor represent Muslims. 
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    It's absolutely sickening, and nothing EVER changes. Believe me, there will be many more attacks to come over the next couple of years. How many more innocent people need to lose their lives before this stops?

The Independent, and many others, have said that the country should just 'carry on as before'. Sadiq Khan has said before that terrorist attacks are just part and parcel of our lives now, we need to just accept them.

Going on social media and going #PrayFor doesn't help, putting a flag filter over your Facebook profile picture doesn't help. People need to stop being so politically correct, worrying about hurting some Muslims feelings, and actually worry about stopping more innocent lives from being lost. That's the issue here. But nothing will change, because people are too worried about offending people rather than sorting out the problem. It's ridiculous.

Paul Joseph Watson hits the nail on the head here, just watch this.

MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    OK there Tommy Robinson, jeez..... When a white person kills people, people either say that person is mad or has mental health issue. When a Muslim does it it's the fault of every Muslim and they should all be banned, suck a load of bollocks 
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    edited May 23
    It was not my intention to raise a political discussion over what happened in Manchester, so please do not. It's not ethical. Otherwise close this post Jenny.

1512Marcel

Aryton Senna

This discussion has been closed.