Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DIRT 4 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

Comments

• neburas886neburas886 Member New Car Smell
    Anyone keep researching to unpacking? Or there's no way to modding DiRT4 until Codies considering something to modders?
    The latter is unlikely to be realized.
  • edgenzedgenz Member Petrol Head
    doesn't really matter until we can use it in game, i haven't made any liveries until now because of that, i fell like its a waste of time and effort to make liveries that we cant use in game
    Wasn't a waste of effort at all - i couldn't wait to get the rag off that livery :D
    5 minutes well spent.

Dirt Rally Liveries: <60s - 80s> <Group A - F2 Kit - R4> <2000 - 2010>
  • DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    Anyone keep researching to unpacking? Or there's no way to modding DiRT4 until Codies considering something to modders?
    The latter is unlikely to be realized.
    Unpacking is not the problem, it's putting it all back together where we're stuck at the moment
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | Gigabyte GTX650Ti Boost | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • neburas886neburas886 Member New Car Smell
    Didzis said:
    Unpacking is not the problem, it's putting it all back together where we're stuck at the moment
    Sorry, I mistook "Unpacking" and "Repacking".
    Also I looked around other forums such as RaceDepartment, Xentax and Zenhax but nobody seems to interesting or researching DiRT4's .nefs files. I wish if Ryder25 came back and working on it.
  • LutzMLutzM Member Unleaded
    Can't wait to do my own liveries, especially when the new league system is launched...
    Would be too bad if all the cars have the same pattern (with varying colours) on their cars in the vids & screenshots from league races.

Come on Codies, give us a hint o:)
  • knifeindfaceknifeindface Member New Car Smell
    Have asked a friend that's a programmer(and dirt head) to have a look at this thread and see has he any ideas...really want to get mods on the go and now with the r5s all the Irish championship cars are possible!!
    Also has anyone looked at modding "yourstage" ?kickup said in interviews there's allot more perameter changes possible for the devs but they linked them all to the two sliders for players
  • ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Wheel Nut
    Also has anyone looked at modding "yourstage" ?kickup said in interviews there's allot more perameter changes possible for the devs but they linked them all to the two sliders for players
    Pretty sure all the files are .nefs 
    Pretty sure all the files are .nefs 
    Ah ****,be nice to be fit to narrow Spain/add allot more jumps,dips,bumps to get closer to Irish type tar
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    Not really a mod but an addon.

I've got bored at work so I've started writing yet another dashboard app. Planning to release on GNU licensing for PC and Android.

Inspired by commercial product (http://z1simwheel.com/dashboard/road.cfm) and WRC+ telemetry window.
    First iteration with the simplest template.
    I'm having hard time thinking how to do the templating system on CSS and HTML or XML so it would be easy for anyone to make his own style.

• hoonheadhoonhead Member Co-Driver
    edited June 2017
    Post edited by hoonhead on
  • hoonheadhoonhead Member Co-Driver
    edited June 2017
    Post edited by hoonhead on
  • YorAlcoholicDadYorAlcoholicDad Member Petrol Head
    i saw that, things looking worst everyday for modding on this game

• gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    I think this may be the only game you can make at least skins for, right?   Its just a basic feature anymore.   

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• edgenzedgenz Member Petrol Head
    oh noes..... :( that would be a major buzz kill.
    Yea I wonder if we can crowd fund this shiz. I'd happily give a bit of cash to get this working. 

Dirt Rally Liveries: <60s - 80s> <Group A - F2 Kit - R4> <2000 - 2010>
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    If we're lucky maybe the F1 game gets compressed the same way. Then we'll have a lot more people looking to solve this issue. 
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Wheel Nut
    AntonVit said:
    1 Database.bin hidden + crypted = bye bye ACAT
    2 Car.ctf crypted  = bye bye car tunning
    2 Livery.pssg crypted  = bye bye Skinomania
    3 Cameras.xml hidden + crypted  =  bye  bye  zissakos1 with you tool
    4 Location folders and files crypted = bye bye (File Replacing for ACAT("Noobs" (sorry) version making))
    5 Vac included = bye bye  all cheaters, hackers, modder ....

You still waiting help from Codemasters developers for your wishing with livery modding?

Who want see his project moded, like game, or song, or film, or other work....
    In future i think games will be have  only 1 file, and crypted  :)

So, good luck :)
    Uhh, okay then. Pretty sure the Dirt Rally ACAT used a cheat engine, and didn't modify the database.bin, so there is an example. Where there's a will, there's a way.