Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DIRT 4 - CUSTOM LIVERIES, MODS & TOOLS, DISCUSSION ETC.

Comments

• Rygar86Rygar86 Member Race Steward
    edited June 2017
    AntonVit said:
    1 Database.bin hidden + crypted = bye bye ACAT
    2 Car.ctf crypted  = bye bye car tunning
    2 Livery.pssg crypted  = bye bye Skinomania
    3 Cameras.xml hidden + crypted  =  bye  bye  zissakos1 with you tool
    4 Location folders and files crypted = bye bye (File Replacing for ACAT("Noobs" (sorry) version making))
    5 Vac included = bye bye  all cheaters, hackers, modder ....

You still waiting help from Codemasters developers for your wishing with livery modding?

Who want see his project moded, like game, or song, or film, or other work....
    In future i think games will be have  only 1 file, and crypted  :)

So, good luck :)

Is this true? Has Codemasters gone and encrypted Dirt 4's files so we can't have mods? I will be so dissapointed if this is true, why would they do that anyway? I heard @kickup say more than once that they are not discouraging modding in Dirt 4, so I don't understand whats going on, because it would seem that encrypting files is about as discouraging as can be possible.

I want to be able to use @zissakos1 brilliant camera mod tool to mod the chase cam view in Dirt 4. Someone already created  a mod for this in Dirt Rally and the improvment is massive and something I have gotten used to. I would really love to have a similar ability to mod the chase cams for Dirt 4 so I can drive better and enjoy it more: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/264893#Comment_264893

Why would Codies care if we mod a camera?
    Post edited by Rygar86 on
  • neburas886neburas886 Member New Car Smell
    Anyway how about using Resorep texture replacer?
    It can be used in DX11 games.
  • sqdstrsqdstr Member Petrol Head
    AntonVit said:
    Rygar86 said:
    Is this true? Has Codemasters gone and encrypted Dirt 4's files so we can't have mods?
    It is real facts. Codemasters encrypted Cars, location and game files, so no any mod more :)

Care to explain why you're enjoying this so much that we can't have mods and liveries anymore? The only thing I see you doing here is laughing at those modder's misery
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Team Principal
    sqdstr said:
    AntonVit said:
    Rygar86 said:
    Is this true? Has Codemasters gone and encrypted Dirt 4's files so we can't have mods?
    It is real facts. Codemasters encrypted Cars, location and game files, so no any mod more :)

Care to explain why you're enjoying this so much that we can't have mods and liveries anymore? The only thing I see you doing here is laughing at those modder's misery
    Codemasters never supported modding so they never gave as any mods/liveries, custom liveries were only possible because of the tool that the modders were using.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• Ha3aPHa3aP Member Unleaded
    Codemasters, pls pls pls added modify livery from cars! pls pls pls!!!
  • Kenny1962Kenny1962 Member New Car Smell
    At the beginning of the Dirt 4 gossip forum it was said that there would be a way of modding liveries
    from Codemasters . I don't understand why we can not have this now. Please can we have a fix for liveries only. Many thanks.
  • hoonheadhoonhead Member Co-Driver
    edited June 2017
    Post edited by hoonhead on
    edited June 2017
  • neburas886neburas886 Member New Car Smell
    Anyway how about using Resorep texture replacer?
    It can be used in DX11 games.
    Why nobody interested? I tried Resorep 1.6.0 but unfortunately it crashes when the game starts. If we solve this problem we can use modding liveries without unpack/repack NEFS files.
  • Kenny1962Kenny1962 Member New Car Smell
    hoonhead said:
    Ha3aP said:
    Codemasters, pls pls pls added modify livery from cars! pls pls pls!!!
    The problem is that Codemasters has agreements with sponsors that appear in the game on cars and banners. If we gonna edit those cars and banners the sponsors will be less shown in the game and that is not good for those sponsors Codemasters made a deal with. For that reason Codemasters can't help us out with modding tools. The fact is that if we figure something out to mod and Codemasters allows us to do so is another thing but they will never give us the tools or make it easier for us, they never did in the last few years/games and the probably never will. 

Said all that i wished Codemasters would construct their game in a way that they protect the parts they do not want us to change like those sponsored cars and banners but let us at least edit the cars that have a plain color. In that way they could protect for example their .ctf (engine) files but let us change the camera files and so on. In that way i think we both have what we want and have more fun and lifespan with the game.

I am actually wondering if Ryder25 did not made the pssg tool the last few years if we ever had the ability to edit the textures, i think we can consider us lucky already. Let's hope somebody figures out what to do with the .nefs, maybe if F1 2017 comes along and also uses these .nefs somebody creates a tool.
    That sounds fair to me. I just want to use modded skins for my own use.
  • chukonuchukonu Member Wheel Nut
    I'd like the official skins that are on the cars to be released as well so they can be improved!
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    I think that a cool thing and codemasters can be happy with that, why don't we make patterns and then they add them to te game, so we can get some skins (sort of) and help the developers a bit, Community Patterns, what do you think?
    @ChristinaMc ;
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    I think that a cool thing and codemasters can be happy with that, why don't we make patterns and then they add them to te game, so we can get some skins (sort of) and help the developers a bit, Community Patterns, what do you think?
    @ChristinaMc ;
    Sounds great on paper, but patterns can easily turn into full skins with some tricks.  So may as well ask for the whole thing (allow for custom skins).

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    edited June 2017
    gfRally said:
    @ChristinaMc ;
    Sounds great on paper, but patterns can easily turn into full skins with some tricks.  So may as well ask for the whole thing (allow for custom skins).

Yes but that will interfere with the Sponsors that help Codemasters, they will not like that other companies who didn't pay appear with the help of Codemasters, also Licensing problems. 
    But having similar patterns but with the sponsors that have contributed with Codemasters I think is great. And I can't see why they wouldn't like to do it, we send the skins in the format they want and in the next update they appear in the game, so .nefs files keep crypted and no cheating, also an art badge to the ones who help will encourage more people to help
    Me help too, rpeorder DiRT Rally and DiRT4. But they do not hear me (((
    edited June 2017
    Let there be sponsors, but let me paint my skin!