Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2017 Mossack Fonseca Monaco Grand Prix

MexicolaMexicola Member Race Engineer

Comments

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Hay he made it to second practice before crashing, that's some achievement :joy:
  • WynterdustWynterdust Member Team Principal
    I wouldn't expact anything less of him. Such a waste of a Williams seat. Massa's got his work cut out fighting Williams' constructors battle on his own.

T- "I don't consider you my enemy."

K- "Oh? I didn't consider you at all."

T- "Now that's just hurtful..."

• JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    And Massa isn't even that good, go figure.

Either way, I think Stroll definitely has major potential, but holy ****, did he got into F1 way too early or what. It's probably harder this year for a rookie to step in than in previous years, so that's a factor too. He's going nowhere though, since his father is so goddamn rich af as **** af.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    I'll make a special post about this at a later date, but I've been thinking about this long and hard (my current job allows me to do so) and I've thought of an idea to simplify and streamline the single seater ladder to F1, ensuring only the best drivers progress.

In short, it means any driver that wants to get to F1 has to finish in the top 5 of the F2 championship first. That is an absolute requirement.

And before that, drivers can only progress to the next step of the ladder (F5 > F4 > F3 > F2) if they finish in the top 10 of a championship. But if they finish in the top 5 of a championship, they can skip a step and go to the next one (not applicable for F3 > F1, they must go to F2).

There's various rules and regulations surrounding it all which I will make clear in my detailed post, but I really think a concept like the one I'm thinking of could work. It would mean that someone like Lance Stroll MUST have the experience of F2, no matter how much money he brings, before getting to F1.

I know people might say 'ah but what about Verstappen and Ocon, they came to F1 without doing GP2', but I believe if the driver is good enough then they will succeed in F2 anyway, and it helps to have that extra experience before getting to F1. Verstappen and Ocon undoubtedly would have met the criteria.

All will be revealed soon.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    I agree with your post 100%, sadly money talks and always will. There has always been pay to drive drivers. I'd be very happy if they implemented your idea, sadly I can't see it happening. 

Yea we wouldn't have got Max now, but he would have breezed through those championships. 
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Brawn wants something like that to happen too as he is looking at a MotoGP style feeder series setup.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

How is MotoGP doing it then?                                         
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Jiggy said:
    Heres the link
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

If anyone can change F1 for the better it will be Brawn. It would be cool to have the feeder series at every F1 weekend, but also expensive. 
    Jiggy said:
    Heres the link
    Oh. I'm aware of the program of the Moto-races, but I thought it was implied that you need to finish high in lower-rank championships before you're allowed to move up.
  • mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    15 place grid penalty for JB :(                                                 
    PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
    Button be like "oh that's why I retired" 
    It must be said, these new cars look insanely good around Monaco. Obviously the race won't have loads of overtaking, but the speed they carry is scary. 
    What the hell, a McLaren has gone quicker than Hamilton, I had some beer last night, but I'm sure I'm not still drunk. 
    Palmer is so getting dropped for Sirotkin.
    Great teamwork from McLaren, crashing out so Hamilton couldn't knock Button out of Q3 #tinfoilhaton
  • Juice29Juice29 Member Wheel Nut
    Hamilton out
    Well he did seem to have a serious lack of pace before qualifying anyway...
    Can I do a rain dance?

#TeamLH

There are two McLaren's in Q3 and Hamilton is not in it and was struggling to make it on merit too, seriously, what is 2017?
    Early I know, but without a failure for Vettel I can't  see Hamilton winning the championship, I just can't see where Ferrari will struggle.