Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Indy 500

HughesyHughesy Member Champion
I thought I'd start a thread ready for tomorrow. I'm excited to see how Alonso does. He has the reactions of a cat, so I'm hoping he makes its past the first lap. 

Comments

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    I will try and find some sort of stream for the race tomorrow, obviously hoping for the best for Alonso!

Failing that, I'll obviously be supporting the Brits, Chilton and Harvey, and I love all of the IndyCar banter crew (Daly, Andretti, Hinchcliffe, Rossi, Kanaan), so any of them I'll be pleased too haha.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    Supporting Alonso. If that doesn't work, supporting Karam.

If that doesn't work, then I'll hope Power or Castroneves don't win.
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    edited May 27
    I don't have to find a stream, one of the perks I have with my BT broadband, I have the channel included for free on Sky B)

Anyone think they are all going to group up and bully Alonso? :joy:
    Post edited by Hughesy on
    edited May 28
    Nearly time, I just hope Alonso can make it through the first few laps. 

Pisses me off, BT have the contract for the series, the biggest race and they can't even be bothered to send a team out to present it, especially when more eyes are on it this year. Even Sky and BBC have people out at the curcuit... 
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Well, BT's reputation of only being interested in how much money they can make is backed up even more ;)

And I hate to admit it, but I'm actually liking the American coverage quite a bit! And so far I can't remember seeing any talking **** animals on their adverts...
    Not for me, I get the BT channels for free :p I don't have to put up with ad breaks every 5 seconds like in the US. 
    Goddamnit, they just had a talking owl advert. I take back what I said.

Is it on BT Sport ESPN then? They have Keith Collantine on the mic when the Americans take an ad break right?
    Lol you spoke too soon then. 

Yep, they still have ad breaks, but not the same amount as US coverage. 
    edited May 28
    Alonso is looking really comfortable. Up to P2, sadly a long way to go. 

Edit: P1
    edited May 28
    What the hell, you didn't tell me Suzi Perry was hosting the BT coverage. **** no, I'm going back to the advert filled American coverage :p

And Alonso is leading! With how Indy works it might not last, but he is looking very strong so far :)
    So Dixon cars is completely ruined, and he gets out unaided, amazing. 
    Christ, they even do crashes bigger in America. One hell of a smash.

Gonna be interesting to see now how Alonso handles his first restart while leading.
    edited May 28
    If his car landed a foot further, his head would have hit the barrier, a car also went underneath him whilst in the air. 

Uh I tweeted a video of it, my phone is going off non stop with notification, only posted a second ago look. 

Holy crap, that was a biggie, thank goodness they're alright.

So far brilliant job by Fernando, keep it together my son!
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    Dude I'm up to nearly 100 retweets after a few mins, my phone is now on silent lo
    Hughesy going viral, it's happening!    
    Lol my phone is on fire :joy: I'll now spread my viral all over you guys. That'll teach me to put the indy hashtag in. Bonkers, I tweet some great joke, get one retweet, post a video of a crash and get loads, social media is a funny place. 
    Everybody, retweet Hughesy to make his phone go more crazy :p
    You bastard.

All these sexy ladies retweeting, that counts as pulling doesn't it :joy:
    It's a shame F1 can't be like this, you literally have no idea who will win.