Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Lewis Hamilton better not get the cover again!

Best cover scenario: senna, mansell, and schumi.... as their cars are the main selling point. But at the very least, just not Lewis again. Literally anyone but him.

Comments

• camtheman9217camtheman9217 Member New Car Smell
    Who says we need the bottom of the barrel? And who says Hamilton can't be on it? I just meant not the front driver. He has been for every year, so don't get dramatic on me. 
    And it wasn't NBA 2k96, but NBA still put Jordan on the cover and sales couldn't have been higher. 
    That's a hook dip ****, and it clearly worked on YOU!
    and the title of this thread is "better not", so re-read it if you need to. If you would like me to rephrase; Lewis Hamilton should not be the starting face in the cover. Happy? :)
  • Cap10Cap10 Member Wheel Nut
    i'm confused also.. what you mean is, he should not be at the center of cover the one that is the most visible is that right?
    I don't care if he is visible at all, but yes, at least not the front face. 
    We don't even need multiple people... that's design is so played out... since 2013 I think.
  • nicolas1423nicolas1423 Member Unleaded
    personally I don't care how will be the cover, it can be a completely white it won't be a problem for me, the game content is more important
  • whipdiddywhipwhipdiddywhip Member New Car Smell
    bringing up the important issues ay?
    • Body is 4 characters too short.

Aren't the covers fun for you? It's like a collectors item..... (TOO REAL EXAMPLE) if Seb hits a wall next year and loses his life, you wouldn't prize a game cover with his smiling face on it? Cuz I would never let it go. My point is that covers are supposed to be special and memorable for each year, codemasters needs to strive for that. 
  • Ujhelyi91Ujhelyi91 Member Wheel Nut
    ****, he's not saying he should be off the cover, just not front and center. It would've been Rosberg had he not retired but tbh I think it should be Vettel
  • peterf1peterf1 Member Unleaded
    as an australian, i have to say that Riccardio is a shoe in for the front cover, as long as they have his tyres ready in the pit stops.

• JamesGJamesG Member Pit Crew
    Schumi and Vettel face to face with their cars, 2002 and Schumi on the left, and 2017 with Vettel on the right. 
  • peyt0n89peyt0n89 Member Wheel Nut
    How about no driver at all and just a blank slate like in F1 2010? Emphasise the Career aspect a little more.
    I smell like a new car.
  • Cap10Cap10 Member Wheel Nut
    Cap10 said:
    i'm confused also.. what you mean is, he should not be at the center of cover the one that is the most visible is that right?
    I can tell you're confused, moron.
    LOL..
  • JOHNTHEBEST007JOHNTHEBEST007 Member New Car Smell
    Just because you hate Hamiltion, he shouldn't be on the cover? What kind of logic is this? They might remove him from the game, just because you hate him! Guess what! Hamiltion will be in the front cover whether you like him or not.
  • pijinpijin Member Race Steward
    Come on, really? This is almost as bad as the time someone asked if they can disable or remove Hamilton from their game. He is a contender, and amongst the best drivers in F1. I think a perfect cover would be a Merc and Ferrari car plus Hamilton and Vettel in the foreground, and then Bottas Raikkonen on the sides, and then RB and other cars including classics around the edge. Lets be honest, this season is about Lewis and Seb, so put them front and center 
  • pijinpijin Member Race Steward
    Come on, really? This is almost as bad as the time someone asked if they can disable or remove Hamilton from their game. He is a contender, and amongst the best drivers in F1. I think a perfect cover would be a Merc and Ferrari car plus Hamilton and Vettel in the foreground, and then Bottas Raikkonen on the sides, and then RB and other cars including classics around the edge. Lets be honest, this season is about Lewis and Seb, so put them front and center 
  • Tunari89Tunari89 Member Unleaded
    Just because you hate Hamiltion, he shouldn't be on the cover? What kind of logic is this? They might remove him from the game, just because you hate him! Guess what! Hamiltion will be in the front cover whether you like him or not.
    I think, that op's point here was, that Hamilton have been on the center of  cover, not about he shouldn't be on the cover at all.

And I hate Hamilton! But I don't care if he is in the cover or not, after all, he is one of the biggest stars in the series. What I however don't get is that, why was Perez on the cover last year, as I rather would of put Alonso in his place, and I hate Alonso too, btw.