Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt 4 PC Controls

I have a question about the upcoming Dirt 4, specifically keyboard controls. Now I know there are a lot of purists out there, but I really enjoyed Dirt 2 & 3 controls with the keyboard, it ahd a nice balance between accessibility and realism, and was wondering how the new "Gamer Mode" controls feel with the keyboard. If they are anything like Dirt 2 & 3, I will definitely be looking into buying the game, but if the "Gamer Mode" is some watered down cheesy arcade version for the masses and the "Sim mode" is way too hardcore for keyboard than I will not buy.

Answers

• Snaky115Snaky115 Member Pit Crew
    If Sim mode in D4 is not too different from DiRT Rally, it could be alright, but don't quote me on that while i still don't own D4. 

Of course, i am kinda used to it after nearly 800 hours of DiRT Rally, pure Keyboard.
    FX-8350, 16GB, ASUS R9 280X.
    And a KEYBOARD! #KeyBro
    #Latvia
  • NandimanNandiman Member New Car Smell
    Snaky115 said:
    If Sim mode in D4 is not too different from DiRT Rally, it could be alright, but don't quote me on that while i still don't own D4. 

Of course, i am kinda used to it after nearly 800 hours of DiRT Rally, pure Keyboard.
    Without any analog control over throttle playing Dirt Rally with a keyboard (specifically RWD cars) is just self torture.