Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt 4 - gear shift option missing

This was well implemented in Dirt Rally - I play with a wheel with sequential AND H-pattern shift - and there was an option for both so that cars that had sequential shift would map to paddles, and cars that had a stick shift would map to the H-pattern shifter.. Dirt 4 didn't come with the option to select "Manual H-pattern + Clutch OR Manual Sequential" - It's a bit of a UX pain to switch between the two options in the menu depending on what car I'm driving :( Any chance we can add this option back in? 
Tagged:

Comments

• Stevie777Stevie777 Member Unleaded
    On the plusside...at least we can see in game what kind of gearbox the cars uses. 
    But I agree with you this was a great feature in DR and they should implement it in D4 as well.
  • ShodanCatShodanCat Member Wheel Nut
    +1 This option really needs to be added back in ASAP!
  • DespendoDespendo Member New Car Smell
    Ho yeeeeeees please +1. 
    My G29 doesn't have the 7 :'(
  • LatvallaLatvalla Member New Car Smell
    This should be a bug no ? The system works so well in Dirt Rally, I can't imagine that its not implemented in Dirt 4...
  • Jester28OCJester28OC Member New Car Smell
    Definitely need this option back in; did a historic rally yesterday and had to go in to options to select h-pattern and clutch. Later went back in to career but forgot to change back to sequential. It is annoying!
  • platinumsteelplatinumsteel Member New Car Smell
    hey guys it is there..lol  ...while eating decided to go tru all the settings ....But what happen is that  they put the ''Apply Settings'' right at the bottom of the list so i thought it was the end of the list..So i had to use the keyboard down arrow or mouse wheel to scroll down to see all the other options..If u go to Difficulty Settings and scroll down u can change it to H+Pattern or whatever u got..I also disabled Clutch Override..So maybe u guys can check it out...I am now starting to get back my feelings for Dirt 4 ..lol 
  • Jester28OCJester28OC Member New Car Smell
    You can select h pattern or you can select sequential. In Dirt rally you could select 'h pattern or sequential' so you didn't have to change settings if switching between cars with different shifters.
    Doesn't appear to be possible in Dirt4 unless I'm missing something.
  • QuidProQuoQuidProQuo Member New Car Smell
    I got a refund from steam after pre-order. 200+ hours in Dirt rally with G27.. Loved manual shifting.. Not buying Dirt4 till I get a H-shift option
  • NarzugonNarzugon Member Unleaded
    Is there a setting or combo of settings that would require use of the clutch with sequential? Everything I've tried allows you to sequentially change gears w/o using the clutch. DR wasn't like this was it? I can't remember.
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    edited June 14
    Narzugon said:
    Is there a setting or combo of settings that would require use of the clutch with sequential? Everything I've tried allows you to sequentially change gears w/o using the clutch. DR wasn't like this was it? I can't remember.
    No it wasn't. It would be completely unrealistic. Sequential gearbox doesn't require you to press clutch to change gear.
  • grancabgrancab Member New Car Smell
    edited June 14
    versedi said:
    Narzugon said:
    No it wasn't. It would be completely unrealistic. Sequential gearbox doesn't require you to press clutch to change gear.
    Sequential gearbox requiere to use the clutch to insert any gear and start moving when the vehicle is stoped, then you can change gears without using clutch.... just like a sportive motorcycle
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    edited June 14
    grancab said:
    versedi said:
    Narzugon said:
    Sequential gearbox requiere to use the clutch to insert any gear and start moving when the vehicle is stoped, then you can change gears without using clutch.... just like a sportive motorcycle
    That's what I meant.
    You need it to use it when putting R or 1st gear, but you can switch up/down without using manual clutch.

Additionaly if the car has Launch Control you don't have to use it for starting, only to put in the gear. So your point isn't exactly accurate same as main wasn't.
  • NarzugonNarzugon Member Unleaded
    I didn't realize that. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Stevie777Stevie777 Member Unleaded
    I got a refund from steam after pre-order. 200+ hours in Dirt rally with G27.. Loved manual shifting.. Not buying Dirt4 till I get a H-shift option
    There is ......
  • b0yc1eb0yc1e Member New Car Smell
    Hey hey any advice welcome
    In dirt rally I configured gear shift to, right thumb stick up/down
    Is this option also missing in dirt 4 ?
  • b0yc1eb0yc1e Member New Car Smell
    b0yc1e said:
    Hey hey any advice welcome
    In dirt rally I configured gear shift to, right thumb stick up/down
    Is this option also missing in dirt 4 ?
    All sorted didn't go into bindings,  thought that was a s&m thing !