Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt 4 - T500RS Disconnection Issue on PS4

RT87RT87 Member New Car Smell
Seems like myself and several others are experiencing random disconnections while driving a stage in Dirt 4 on the PS4, and after it's done spinning and it reconnects it doesn't calibrate properly (the gas or brake become either weak or don't not work at all, and/or the steering wheel range shrinks), so then I need to turn the steering wheel power off and on again to be able to re-calibrate it. This issue doesn't happen in Dirt Rally and other racing games.
Post edited by RT87 on

Comments

• CMMcBabeCMMcBabe Member, Codemasters Petrol Head
    RT87 said:
    Seems like myself and several others are experiencing random disconnections while driving a stage in Dirt 4 on the PS4, and after it's done spinning and it reconnects it doesn't calibrate properly (the gas or brake become either weak or don't not work at all, and/or the steering wheel range shrinks), so then I need to turn the steering wheel power off and on again to be able to re-calibrate it. This issue doesn't happen in Dirt Rally and other racing games.
    I replied in the PS4 issues thread, but that is for Rally.

The T500RS is not on our supported peripheral list.  If you disable the force feedback the wheel will not disconnect.
  • Munken77Munken77 Member New Car Smell
    Is the T500RS going to be on that list? Or do i have to invest in a new wheel?
  • RT87RT87 Member New Car Smell
    This recent forum post (and other  forums as well like TeamVVV) said that it was  supported, assuming they retrieved the info from Codemasters: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/dirt-4-supported-peripherals-revealed.135939/ . Misleading. Guess I didn't expect a very late change to supported peripherals. Hope T500RS gets supported again. Too big an investment and too good a wheel to be worth replacing right now.
  • Dynos22Dynos22 Member New Car Smell
    Im having the same issue! deeply dissapointed
  • ColinmcnaughtonColinmcnaughton Member New Car Smell
    I'm raging. Bought this on the strength of it being a supported device on that very list,  and coupled with the fact it works fine in Dirt Rally, the last thing I expected was a problem with it.

That said, if there was an issue how was it missed in all the extensive testing and not a single review has pointed it out as an issue.. It disconnected three times in a single race for me. 

Binned. Back in the box. If you ask me it was sold under false pretences.

Poor show, codemasters. 
    Set rotation to 540, solved the problem for me!
  • gadgit7gadgit7 Member New Car Smell
    Where do you set that rotation to be only 540 degrees?
    gadgit7 said:
    Where do you set that rotation to be only 540 degrees?

540 degrees, you press the mode button, at the same time you press the direction button to the left, the red light will flash 4 times , you do it again, and it flashes 3 times= 540 degrees
  • gadgit7gadgit7 Member New Car Smell
    CMMcBabe said:
    RT87 said:

The T500RS is not on our supported peripheral list.  If you disable the force feedback the wheel will not disconnect.
    I read it was to be supported! That's why I pre ordered it, now it's useless. I even bought the PS4 over Xbox one specifically to run dirt 4 with my T500rs set up. It definitely stated it would be supported guys.
  • ColinmcnaughtonColinmcnaughton Member New Car Smell
    @Munken77

Mmm I tried this - got two stages in - just enough to give me confidence lol - and then 'a controller is disconnected' again...

Looks like it needs a patch - which knowing the process, will take ages....  

It's really taken the shine off the new title for me.
  • AtzeraceteamAtzeraceteam Member New Car Smell
    Finde es sehr schade das mein Lenkrad sich immer trennt, in dirt rally alles super.hoffe Codemasters behebt dies per Patch!!!

• AtzeraceteamAtzeraceteam Member New Car Smell
    Behebt es per Patch,sry!!!verschrieben! 

• SchlapperklangeSchlapperklange Member New Car Smell
    540 didnt work for me. Its so funny. You can even change the different t500 model versions in the settings. And a CM guy said the t500 is not supported? And pre launch it was also confirmed on many sources that t500 will be supported. So what is plase going on here?
  • Dynos22Dynos22 Member New Car Smell
    its because T500rs is only supported on PC 

i had to buy it for both platforms after finding it out the hardway:(
  • SchlapperklangeSchlapperklange Member New Car Smell
    I guess Sony want more ¥¥¥  for license. After having trouble with logitech... G29 sux so much. This game is dead on day 1 for many wheel owners -_-"  Just fail. 
  • DutchGameRacersDutchGameRacers Member New Car Smell
    CMMcBabe said:
    RT87 said:

No that sollution does not work. Keeps having feedback and stil disconnects. We will not buy a new wheel for a 69 euro game. It is to good for me to replace. I almost had every codemaster race game from dtm 1 till now. Had every part of dirt. Always was a tru fan. But if this not wil be fixed it wil be my last one. Think that i am not the only one to make the desission to trow away dirt 4 if it not soon support our wheel.
    edited June 2017
    If the Ps4 did not support the t500rs than i would understand it would be impossible to work. But it works wiht every other game. It worked with Dirt Rally. Isnt it possible to copie the setting out of dirt rally and past em in a update in dirt 4. Or are there compleet new file formats used? If not i do not see a problem to fix it. Just like you fixed the problems with the t300 in a super fast time. But still no reaction if it will be fixed with the t500
  • madwakmadwak Member Wheel Nut
    Try changing the force feedback settings to ffb on and the the 1st 2 settings to 99 then all the others to zero, it stopped my T500 disconnecting and is allowing me to play the game with decent ffb :smiley:
    madwak said:
    Try changing the force feedback settings to ffb on and the the 1st 2 settings to 99 then all the others to zero, it stopped my T500 disconnecting and is allowing me to play the game with decent ffb :smiley:

Thanks man. It works. I even lowerd the first 2 to 65 still keeps working. Onfortionatly we mis some ffb and the solution didnt come from codemasters.
  • GusRocketBRGusRocketBR Member New Car Smell
    CMMcBabe said:
    RT87 said:

Not supported? But the game recognizes the wheel
    and even name it. It doesn't make any sense!