Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt 4 Sequential manual plus h pattern with clutch

werdpcwerdpc Member New Car Smell
I got dirt 4 today and I'm a little disappointed that the option for shifting that made it so you have to use the transmission authentic to the car.  Such as an older car you have to use the h-pattern and clutch and not the paddles but in a modern car with sequential gears i could use the paddles.  It is a little annoying having to change it my self every time I switch cars.  Dirt rally had this feature...why take it out?  Am I missing something?  Otherwise i love the game so far.  Hope this can be added in an update.

Comments

• ShodanCatShodanCat Member Wheel Nut
    Argh, somehow I KNEW this would get missed with Dirt 4. It was added to Dirt Rally quite late during the Early Access development process and I just had a feeling it would be one of the little tweaks that the devs would end up forgetting about.

Really disappointed this got missed.
  • Wardo29Wardo29 Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2017
    I was hoping that they would have a sequential + clutch option that would cover all cars. Makes it much easier for controller users.
  • FleskebaconFleskebacon Member New Car Smell
    I'm also missing this feature. Hopefully it'll be added.
  • platinumsteelplatinumsteel Member New Car Smell
    Well i am trying to keep calm before I give a negative response for this game to my friends and go back to the original dirt rally..cause i can't understand why they would leave out that option....felt like a granny with my two hands on the steering and watching the driver change gears for me..kinda annoying.Hope they add it in soon.
  • MisterBeepMisterBeep Member New Car Smell
    This is unacceptable. Are the devs afraid we can't drive? Are they afraid we'll hurt ourselves? It's like a warning on a ketchup bottle!
    i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz - ASUS Z97a - MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G 4GB - GSkill 8GB DDR3 1866 - Realtek HD Onboard - 3x Dell 2209WA/nVidia Surround - Windows 10 x64 Home - Accuforce SimXperience Wheel - Main Performance PC SimPedals - Fanatec CSS 7sp - DSD Sequential - DSD Button Box - Z1 LCD Screen/Dashboard - Obutto Race Frame/Seat

F1 2016 - pCARS - rFactor2 - Assetto Corsa - DiRT Rally - Automobilista - Raceroom Racing Experience - Race07 

• platinumsteelplatinumsteel Member New Car Smell
    Hey guys it's there..Just go into Difficulty Settings and scroll down with keyboard down arrow keys or mouse wheel..You can select H-Pattern,Sequential and others.
  • stevefozstevefoz Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2017
    1. The option which OP is talking about is not in the difficulty settings, he's looking for SEQUENTIAL MANUAL PLUS H PATTERN WITH CLUTCH, which was in Dirt rally, I also would like to see this put back in as I don't have a clue which cars should have which transmission. 
  • FlykasFlykas Member New Car Smell
    Yup, I miss that feature also. Please bring it back.
  • Stevie777Stevie777 Member Wheel Nut
    stevefoz said:
    1. The option which OP is talking about is not in the difficulty settings, he's looking for SEQUENTIAL MANUAL PLUS H PATTERN WITH CLUTCH, which was in Dirt rally, I also would like to see this put back in as I don't have a clue which cars should have which transmission. 
    I agre they should bring it back. In the mean time you can check the garage. It shows the type of gearbox for every car.
  • GeneralNoCentsGeneralNoCents Member New Car Smell
    I want to see this brought back in Dirt 4 as well.
  • SirDriftalotsSirDriftalots Member Unleaded
    +1.
    so far this is my only real gripe with the game, I know we can work around it by setting the option manually ourselves before each race, but it would be nice to just grab a car and go, with the game deciding which gearbox to use for us. 
    As it was implemented in DR, its a real shame D4 wasn't shipped to have it. 
  • QuidProQuoQuidProQuo Member New Car Smell
    I got a refund from steam after pre-order. 200+ hours in Dirt rally with G27.. Loved manual shifting.. Not buying Dirt4 till I get a H-shift option
  • ikkyuikkyu Member New Car Smell
    This is a joke... Seriously !

I don't understand how they don't even think about this before releasing their game. And it's not like they don't have a wheel while programming the game... I mean C'MON Codemaster ! Get your **** straight !

PS ; other than that I love your game ^^
  • anakondisanakondis Member New Car Smell
    Hey Codemasters, this discussion was started in 2017 and still no reply from devs!? A lot of us are missing this feature from Dirt Rally. It can't be too hard to add to Dirt 4 , can it?
  • ShodanCatShodanCat Member Wheel Nut
    anakondis said:
    Hey Codemasters, this discussion was started in 2017 and still no reply from devs!? A lot of us are missing this feature from Dirt Rally. It can't be too hard to add to Dirt 4 , can it?
    Now you know why so many of us were/are deeply frustrated with Codies and the way they handled Dirt 4.
  • gk9147gk9147 Member New Car Smell
    it should make a system like on asseto corsa its change automatically according to the type of transmission of the car

• gk9147gk9147 Member New Car Smell
    it should make a system like on asseto corsa its change automatically according to the type of transmission of the car