Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Setting up UDP output for DiRT 4

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
Hi all!

Please download the PDF guide for setting up UDP output for DiRT 4 here: https://www.scribd.com/document/350826037/UDP-output-setup

Thanks,
Christina

Comments

• versediversedi Member Champion
    Thank you, I was about to extract data myself and put a spreadsheet :)

One thing to pass to the team doing UDP for future titles - handbrake is missing for rally titles. We'd love to be able to show it on eg. telemetry tool. 

• KafumantoKafumanto Member New Car Smell
    Great document, thanks!
    Any plan to enable UDP output on consoles too? (looking at the options in-game, I didn't found any).
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    Wow!  I think this is the first UDP document I have seen from CM ever.  Great to have official documentation.  Thanks.  

versedi said:
    Thank you, I was about to extract data myself and put a spreadsheet :)

One thing to pass to the team doing UDP for future titles - handbrake is missing for rally titles. We'd love to be able to show it on eg. telemetry tool. 

Maybe that and Boost pressure, it seems to be in the game gauges, just needs a channel output.

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• vinceps34vinceps34 Member New Car Smell
    Thats great to see an editor providing this kind of info. I second Kafumanto on the console requests. You did it on F1 2016 on PS4.... why not Dirt 4 ? In a future patch ? Then I'll buy it.

Thanks.

• rpstarrpstar Member New Car Smell
    Yes, udp would be nice on console. My assumption is you take this to some external converter that then drives your rumble platform instead of driving it via audio and hopefully get an even better result than relying on low-freq audio?  Motion platform would be great of course but just even more realistic driving of my rumble motors would be great.
    In F1 2017 there's already console switch for UDP so, to be honest, I don't have the slightest clue why it's not implemented in D4 too since according to Wikipedia they're running on the same iteration of Ego Engine. 
  • theblacknight04theblacknight04 Member Unleaded
    edited June 13
    Im trying to use Simdash & Dash Meter Pro and have changed the xml file as below:
    <udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />

Im still getting nothing from any apps? what am i doing wrong? its works perfectly for Dirt Rally

Can someone help me please?
    i7 4790K | 32GB Vengeance Pro | EVGA GTX 980Ti SLI | Thrustmaster TX Base | Ferrari F1 Rim | 599xx Rim | Tobii EyeX | Monsta SIM Dash | Fanatec SQ 1.5 Shifter|  Fanatec Handbrake | Fanatec CSP V3 with load cell | DSD Sequential Shifter | DSD P1/2 Button Boxes |
    edited June 13
    Im trying to use Simdash & Dash Meter Pro and have changed the xml file as below:

Im still getting nothing from any apps? what am i doing wrong? its works perfectly for Dirt Rally

I'd say contact the app developer and ask for an update.
    Not sure what he did there but DR apps are compatible 100%.

Are you sure the port is 20777 and IP is 127.0.0.1? I don't know how these works (if there's a server on your PC to which the app connects to).

Check your DR XML.
  • bobradarbobradar Member New Car Smell

Are you running SimVibe by chance? If so, I would recommend signing in to SimCommander to get the latest update. There are some extra steps I had to do to get DashMeterPro working again. I can help you out if this is your setup.
    How do I  edit ths file on PS4 ?
    Unfortunately, I'm joking  :(
    I hope UDP comes with the next patch, together with keyboard support. wheels/pads do not have enough buttons to map all commands (seat position among others)
  • ADZA8580ADZA8580 Member New Car Smell
    Keyboard support for Ps4 :)

Then i can run a handbrake 
  • SlowishSlowish Member Wheel Nut

I use SimDash as well and despite having the v1.5 of the software, it doesn't work using the above UDP line in the xml file. It's possible that we have to now use the custom UDP line instead (?).

I just received this response from Cristiano of SymProjects:
    "I added basic data to the Dirt 4 plugin, because people wanted it.
    I am now going to add more data items, so there will be an update soon..."

I'm really hoping for RPM% support as I much prefer to use my staged LED rev-limit lights - especially since it can be difficult to hear my own engine when competing in RX events.

PC Mobo MSi Z270 Pro / CPU Intel i7-7700k @4.2 ghz / RAM G.Skills RipJaws 32GB DDR4 / OS Windows 10 / GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / Audio SoundBlaster ZX / Tactile OB Realtek (Extensions) / SB Audigy (Chassis) / Control AccuForce / OSW Mige (10k) SimuCube / CSS SQ / CST F1 Pedals / Displays 27" triples / Oculus CV-1

• mesamesa Member Co-Driver
    Any impovements?
    I still can't use Daspanel for Dirt 4 /  Dirt Rally

I did try with 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.0.1 (IP address of my windows PC)

ps: PCars and Assetto Corsa works well

- mesa -

https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks
    More liveries / mods of mine at
    http://mesasartworks.hu

Logitech G27 w OMP 350 mm

• Niki18Niki18 Member New Car Smell
    PLEASE ADD UDP FOR CONSOLES !!!

Why not ?????

The game would sell much better if we all spread the word around the internet, when you implement UDP an the app-creators get it to work. Come on Codemasters, i know you can :D
    Once more codemasters with DiRT4 missed the target. Project Cars 2 is now supporting UDP on PS4 since patch 2 which arrived 11th Oct.
    https://youtu.be/snhs2KSm0_w
    For sure the rally mode of PC2 is not as good as DiRT, but UDP makes immersion a major plus for PC2.
    Many people (including me) complained about this, and first Project Cars 2 patch added this UDP support (as well as keyboard / button-box). When will codemasters start to listen to its console customer base ? Especially as PC has UDP and UDP is present on F1 series on PS4. Not enough players for DiRT / DiRT 4 on consoles ?