Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt 4 / Logitech Driving Force GT

TuliRallyTuliRally Member Wheel Nut
Hey everyone!
I wanted to make thread for wheel settings and for everyone to share their own.
First i suggest to try these settings that were found for Dirt Rally for a great starting point
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/17307/logitech-driving-force-gt-recommended-ffb-settings/p1
*I would suggest to drop SAT to 55-65 with Dirt 4

My new settings are (Work in progress):
(Wheel feeling reminds of normal roadcar, for me it is really familiar and easy to drive)
LOGITECH PROFILER
OES = 100 % (little deadzone, but more stable and less clipping / ffb oscillations)
SES = 100 %
DES = 100 % (dampens / smoother ffb, gives static weight to wheel)
Centering spring = 37 % & On (ticked)
In-Game FFB
SAT = 35-37 
Wheel friction = 90 (5-100 / less is springy, more you have feels more dampened)
Tyre friction = 90 (same as above because still under research)
*Everything else is @ 100 %
Advanced wheel settings are default for this wheel
SOFT LOCK = Off (made wheel feel spongy, needs more testing)

Other setups...
☆You can also test using my prolifer settings and DR in-game settings (with SAT @ 37 % matching the centering spring percent)

☆Good feeling was also achied with using "Default" settigs and dropping SAT to 50%
Logitech profiler
Oes & Ses & Des = 100 %
Centering spring = On & 1 %
IN-GAME FFB
SAT 50
Everything else = 100 %

WORK IN PROGRESS

Edit: Quick reminder. It is important to have correct FOV values because it affects how you perceive FFB feel and wheel responsiveness. I suggest to use 1:1 correct or little bit more than mathematically correct FOV
For more info on FOV
http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/perspective.php

Everyone is welcome to post your own settings here too!
(I would like to hear most realistic feeling setup / settings for this wheel that it can produce, if there is any IRL rally drivers out there using this wheel model, you are more than welcome to share your settings here :wink:?)
Post edited by TuliRally on

Comments

• l3g1oNl3g1oN Member New Car Smell
    i really struggle getting the driving wheel to work.
    first of all i had some serious troubles like menu going crazy and pedals working as one - a fresh installation of profiler fixed that
    can you turn your wheel the hole way ingame or only 90° left/right like me?
  • TuliRallyTuliRally Member Wheel Nut
    l3g1oN said:
    i really struggle getting the driving wheel to work.
    first of all i had some serious troubles like menu going crazy and pedals working as one - a fresh installation of profiler fixed that
    can you turn your wheel the hole way ingame or only 90° left/right like me?
    Sorry to hear that but good that it's fixed. In fact after updating profiler sometime ago, i've had only 180 degrees turn like you described. Everytime i start my computer i have to go to profiler wheel settings in Control Panel and press my pedals all the way then go to profiler settings where you set your Degrees of rotation to get my wheel to recognize 900 degrees.
    Hope this helps.
    @MarioVilas
    Lets continue discussion here. Lets see if we can fix the problems you have

• MarioVilasMarioVilas Member Unleaded
    @TuliRally
    I'm here. Let's find a solution for this or should i instal again the Logitech drivers?
    edited July 27
    @TuliRally
    I'm here. Let's find a solution for this or should i instal again the Logitech drivers?
    Could you describe couple things. Do you think overall that you can drive the car but it is too heavy, or does it feel way too heavy to even turn.
    How did it feel with everything else default (Logitech profiler & in-game) except SAT turned to 50 %

With my latest setup i've looked several rally videos and try to match that look / feel. They see to be quite "heavyish" but not too heavy to turn. Before i get to drive real rally car i can only guess though how it should feel..

Ps. There is a problem i have only haad with DR and DiRT 4 and it is wheel oscillating by itself if i dont use centering spring a little and lowered SAT

TuliRally said:
    @TuliRally
    Could you describe couple things. Do you think overall that you can drive the car but it is too heavy, or does it feel way too heavy to even turn.
    How did it feel with everything else default (Logitech profiler & in-game) except SAT turned to 50 %

With my latest setup i've looked several rally videos and try to match that look / feel. They see to be quite "heavyish" but not too heavy to turn. Before i get to drive real rally car i can only guess though how it should feel..

Ps. There is a problem i have only haad with DR and DiRT 4 and it is wheel oscillating by itself if i dont use centering spring a little and lowered SAT

1- I can drive the car with SAT at 30% with your settings but the FFB is not the same from country to country. In some places i feel it well and in others don't.

2- Default the FFB was very weak and the SAT very heavy.

With other games the wheel works fine. In Dirt Rally i have a great FFB.
    I'm gonna install the Logitech drivers again

edited July 27

TuliRally said:
    @TuliRally

1- I can drive the car with SAT at 30% with your settings but the FFB is not the same from country to country. In some places i feel it well and in others don't.

2- Default the FFB was very weak and the SAT very heavy.

With other games the wheel works fine. In Dirt Rally i have a great FFB.
    What settings you use in DR. If i can match them in D4

Edit:
    Use tuning also. Makes difference to the FFB in D4. Evo X really hard to drive without some tuning
    I don't understand nothing of tuning or car setup.

Dirt Rally:
    Logitech Profiler:
    OES: 100%
    SES: 0%
    DES: 0%
    Centering Spring: 0%

In-Game:
    SAT: 50%
    Whell Friction: 57%
    Tyer Fryction: 57%
    Suspension: 150%
    Tyre Slip: 70%
    Collision: 100%
    Soft Lock: 65% 
    Steering Center: 100%
    edited July 27

Dirt Rally:
    Logitech Profiler:

In-Game:
    Thx! I will try to match these tomorrow

For tuning, Read the physics discussion of d4, they have some nice setups there.
    Generally put 
    Dampers:
    ▪Front FAST BUMB: -2
    ▪Front rebound +1
    ▪Rear Fast bumb: -1
    ▪Rear rebound: +2
    Or similarish differences in values. 

Camber -0.75
    Front toe in 0.20 deg
    Rear toe out -0.30
    Differentials more rear biased
    Soft front / firm rear spring
    More open diffs...
    Drop brake strength

I can check more tomorrow

EDIT: Btw does your wheel feel very light using your settings in DR when on straight? I feel i need to put atleast some resistance from centering spring or else it feels really plastic/light/toyish.. just wondering if the problem is in my wheel. I have 2x dfgt so will test these
    Btw. Other games the FFB is generally better with DFGT than in DR or D4
    Best games for good FFB are in my opinion:
    RBR (NGP)
    RACE07
    RFACTOR 2
    These felt most natural and similar to normal car which i'm used to. Also wheel behaviour looks similar to real onboard videos
    Never had DR or D4 to feel similar to those

TuliRally said:

Dirt Rally:
    Logitech Profiler:

In-Game:

For tuning, Read the physics discussion of d4, they have some nice setups there.
    Generally put 
    Dampers:
    ▪Front rebound +1

Camber -0.75
    Front toe in 0.20 deg
    Rear toe out -0.30
    More open diffs...
    Drop brake strength

Thanks for your help :)
    I Edited my previous post some more      
    TuliRally said:
    I Edited my previous post some more      
    Where can i find it?

edited July 27
    TuliRally said:

Dirt Rally:
    Logitech Profiler:

In-Game:

Generally put 
    Dampers:
    ▪Front rebound +1

Camber -0.75
    Front toe in 0.20 deg
    Rear toe out -0.30
    More open diffs...
    Drop brake strength

EDIT: Btw does your wheel feel very light using your settings in DR when on straight? I feel i need to put atleast some resistance from centering spring or else it feels really plastic/light/toyish.. just wondering if the problem is in my wheel. I have 2x dfgt so will test these
    Btw. Other games the FFB is generally better with DFGT than in DR or D4
    Best games for good FFB are in my opinion:
    RBR (NGP)
    RACE07
    RFACTOR 2
    These felt most natural and similar to normal car which i'm used to. Also wheel behaviour looks similar to real onboard videos
    Never had DR or D4 to feel similar to those

Yes... in Dirt Rally when you go straight the wheel fell very light, but i like that way. But in Dirt 4 is worst
  • MalyngoMalyngo Member Unleaded

You mentioned in another thread that your brother needs to reinstall the drivers every time when repuggling the wheel.
    Is he on Windows 10? There is an issue with the DFGT on Windows 10, that it won't get recognized correctly (but mostly only happens after windows updates).
    There is a workaround instead of reinstalling the whole Logitech profiler. Go to Device manager, choose your wheel (Should be an entry Logitech Driving Force GT), select "Update Driver", select "choose Driver myself". There should be 2 recommended drivers you can select. One is named like your wheel, the other one is "USB Input Device". Do NOT choose the name of your wheel, but choose the "USB Input device".

This fixed it for me every time I had the issue, and just takes a minute or so.

Here is a video where someone describes the steps for the G27 (which has the same issue on Win 10):

Malyngo said:

You mentioned in another thread that your brother needs to reinstall the drivers every time when repuggling the wheel.
    Is he on Windows 10? There is an issue with the DFGT on Windows 10, that it won't get recognized correctly (but mostly only happens after windows updates).
    There is a workaround instead of reinstalling the whole Logitech profiler. Go to Device manager, choose your wheel (Should be an entry Logitech Driving Force GT), select "Update Driver", select "choose Driver myself". There should be 2 recommended drivers you can select. One is named like your wheel, the other one is "USB Input Device". Do NOT choose the name of your wheel, but choose the "USB Input device".

This fixed it for me every time I had the issue, and just takes a minute or so.

Here is a video where someone describes the steps for the G27 (which has the same issue on Win 10):

Hello! 
    Yes... my brother use Windows 10 like me, but i don't have that problem and i have the same wheel.
    Can you tell me if you have a good FFB with your wheel on Dirt 4?
    Thanks for your help! :)
    I have a new wheel since a few weeks, but started out with the DFGT also in Dirt 4.

My settings were all standard in game, 107% force strength in the Logitech profiler, I think a bit lower values for Dampening and the other value (lower than 100%) and no centering force (this should be done by SAT in game, imo, as centering of the wheel to 0 position while in slides is just wrong).

Felt quite good to me, better than what I had in Dirt Rally.
    Oscillation on the wheel is something I think can't be gone around, because it will also have to get feelings accross you would normally get from your bum. So to get bumps in the road or ABS braking across, the wheel has to "vibrate", and this is done by oscillation on most FFB wheels.
    Malyngo said:
    I have a new wheel since a few weeks, but started out with the DFGT also in Dirt 4.

My settings were all standard in game, 107% force strength in the Logitech profiler, I think a bit lower values for Dampening and the other value (lower than 100%) and no centering force (this should be done by SAT in game, imo, as centering of the wheel to 0 position while in slides is just wrong).

Felt quite good to me, better than what I had in Dirt Rally.
    Oscillation on the wheel is something I think can't be gone around, because it will also have to get feelings accross you would normally get from your bum. So to get bumps in the road or ABS braking across, the wheel has to "vibrate", and this is done by oscillation on most FFB wheels.
    It's that i've tryed everything starting in the Logitech profiler ending in game sliders. I cannot get a good FFB like in Dirt Rally where i feel everything.
    Oh, and what I forgot to mention: full 900° of rotation. If you lower that down, you probably want to also reduce some of the ffb sliders.

Also, if your wheel in Windows 10 doesn't look in the Logitech profiler exactly as your hardware, but looks kinda blue, than you need to do what the guy says in the video I posted above.
    Malyngo said:
    Oh, and what I forgot to mention: full 900° of rotation. If you lower that down, you probably want to also reduce some of the ffb sliders.

Also, if your wheel in Windows 10 doesn't look in the Logitech profiler exactly as your hardware, but looks kinda blue, than you need to do what the guy says in the video I posted above.
    Thanks for the post :) I Appreciate it.
    My wheel works fine with Windows 10