Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt 4 PC Stutter 60fps.

Comments

• HinjimaHinjima Member New Car Smell
    siffonen said:
    No one understands that cos its not in english
    Didn't work anyways if you have the USB stutter issue, this guy probably doesn't suffer from that. this made no difference to me.
  • Superd00psSuperd00ps Member Unleaded
    Have you guys found out where the system files are stored? I want to turn off mouse menu support.
    ASRock z170 Extreme 7+, i6700K@4.6, Corsair H110i, 16G G.Skill Trident, SLi MSI GTX 1070 Gaming z 8G, 3-Way RAID0 Samsung 950/960 Pro m.2, BenQ XL2420Z, Corsair RM1000i, Corsair 750D, G27, Win10-64.
  • jespedjesped Member New Car Smell
    edited June 16
    Have you guys found out where the system files are stored? I want to turn off mouse menu support.
    Documents\My Games\DiRT 4\hardwaresettings\hardware_settings_config.xml file.
    BTW, there is a Supersampling parameter.

Can be set to 1.5, 2 or whatever.
    Not that config file the one in the system folder! I don't see a system folder!
    ASRock z170 Extreme 7+, i6700K@4.6, Corsair H110i, 16G G.Skill Trident, SLi MSI GTX 1070 Gaming z 8G, 3-Way RAID0 Samsung 950/960 Pro m.2, BenQ XL2420Z, Corsair RM1000i, Corsair 750D, G27, Win10-64.
  • mraz0mraz0 Member New Car Smell
    ilborga70 said:
    FIX NO STUTTERING Unfortunately it is the same problem that has always had and still has a dirt rally, if you dumb the first time you have to reboot your dear PC and the problem disappears.
    sorry but this doesnt make any sense to english speakers. Also I paid for a game so why should I change my settings to play a game without stutter, all my games run fantastic so this is crap. They need to fix it as they got our money for a broken product! I will not do any workarounds to be able to play a game I paid for!
    So its been a couple of days since we last heard back from Codemasters, any news and or information regarding this issue?  Please keep us updated even if the issue hasn't been solved yet. Thanks.
    Hinjima.
  • Rea9erRea9er Member New Car Smell
    Hi all just a quick FYI, been playing for 6hrs with a xbox controller and its been worker flawlessly. I decided to plug my G25 wheel in and instantly was having the same issue as all have mentioned (please note that I installed the logitech software at the same time.) Anyway, after reading this discussion I unplugged the G25 but the problem was still there with just my Xbox controller plugged in and visa-versa. I then uninstalled the Logitech Game Profiler program and it was instantly fixed (with just the xbox controller plugged in). Shame as I would rather use the wheel than a game pad. I will be checking back for updates on possible workarounds or upcoming dev patch releases to fix this issue. Thanks for this informative discussion, it has saved what little hair i have left lol
  • FatherCoolFatherCool Member New Car Smell
    I also get this with my DFGT wheel. Makes the game unplayable. This needs a fix!
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    Rea9er said:
    (..) Anyway, after reading this discussion I unplugged the G25 but the problem was still there with just my Xbox controller plugged in and visa-versa. I then uninstalled the Logitech Game Profiler program and it was instantly fixed (with just the xbox controller plugged in). (...)
    @KickUp @CMMcBabe  that could be an important piece of information. 
    My fix to the stutter issue was a clean fresh install of Windows 10 creators version with all updates. I may have had an issues with IRST 15.7 as I went back to IRST version 15.2.
    Even though the latest Nvidia driver supports Dirt 4 is broken as both cards do not have the same uterlization, force enabling SLi kills the frame rate. Dirt 4 runs very smoothly now without pauses.

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Team Principal
    edited June 19
    Rea9er said:
    Hi all just a quick FYI, been playing for 6hrs with a xbox controller and its been worker flawlessly. I decided to plug my G25 wheel in and instantly was having the same issue as all have mentioned (please note that I installed the logitech software at the same time.) Anyway, after reading this discussion I unplugged the G25 but the problem was still there with just my Xbox controller plugged in and visa-versa. I then uninstalled the Logitech Game Profiler program and it was instantly fixed (with just the xbox controller plugged in). Shame as I would rather use the wheel than a game pad. I will be checking back for updates on possible workarounds or upcoming dev patch releases to fix this issue. Thanks for this informative discussion, it has saved what little hair i have left lol
    That's interesting. About a month ago, I was having fps issues with Dirt Rally in VR and also when not in VR when I hadn't had the issue before, I use a G25. I couldn't for the life of me fix it however it works fine in D4 and don't have this issue with the Logitech Profiler installed.

Have you tried installing the latest version of the profiler to see if it works now?
    edited June 21
    Hey!  I updated to latest version of windows 10.  I bought an xbox one S controller because the latest version of windows didn't work with the Playstation 4 controller due to a netframe error on a program called SCPtoolkit that emulates all kinds of controllers making windows thinking its a 360 gamepad. I uninnstalled SCPtoolkit and all its files as I didnt need it anymore. I was going to play some other racing game but I though I'd give dirt 4 another go so  I plugged only my wheel in ( t500rs ) to see if dirt 4 would run smooth without the TH8A shifter plugged in and it did, so I plugged the TH8A shifter in and the game is still silky smooth 60fps 4k.  I couldn't believe it so I restarted my computer while the wheel / shifter was plugged in and fired up Dirt 4 and its running buttery smooth without any hitches.   I am unsure if its the program SCPtoolkit that caused the stuttering as I had that program installed while running Assetto corsa / dirt rally at 60fps smooth or if updating to latest version of windows or both.
    I still have my old dxdiag / msinfo files on my computer, do you want me to create 2 new ones as dirt 4 is running fine now and send you the old and new ones for you to compare?  I will still do some more testing to see if dirt 4 is 'fixed'
    Hinjima.
  • Rea9erRea9er Member New Car Smell
    Rea9er said:
    That's interesting. About a month ago, I was having fps issues with Dirt Rally in VR and also when not in VR when I hadn't had the issue before, I use a G25. I couldn't for the life of me fix it however it works fine in D4 and don't have this issue with the Logitech Profiler installed.

Have you tried installing the latest version of the profiler to see if it works now?
    Yeah I was using the latest version (lgs510_x64.exe). Will play around with it another day to see if I can get the wheel working without the profiler but from memory it is needed for the wheel to work.
    You need the profiler to adjust the wheel rotation. 
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    Rea9er said:
    Rea9er said:

Yeah I was using the latest version (lgs510_x64.exe). Will play around with it another day to see if I can get the wheel working without the profiler but from memory it is needed for the wheel to work.
    Try to install the Logitech Profiler again.

Some people had issues and reinstall helped them.

https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs510.exe

• jespedjesped Member New Car Smell
    So...   is the issue really fixed after uninstalling/reinstalling Logitech Profiler or with the new 1.04 patch?
  • FelipeatF1BrosFelipeatF1Bros Member New Car Smell
    I had the same problem with F1 2016 ( If my wheel or controller was plugged in, the fps dropped from 60 to 10 in under a minute). I tried to reinstall the game several times through Steam without success.
    In the end it worked using the Revo Uninstaller (just Google it) which is also deleting all registry entries of a software. Search for Dirt 4 in this case and click on uninstall. After the "uninstallation" by steam click on the option completely to the right (translated from the German version it's called "intensive" but probably named different in the English version).
    Be careful you don't delete something that has nothing in commen with your game (In my case a Uplay Launcher reg entry) and there you go.
  • WhiffleWhiffle Member New Car Smell
    So, I reinstalled Windows 7 on my pc and tried the game again, buttery smooth with my usb wheel plugged in.  So I assume the problem is some combination of Windows 10 and usb.  I think I'll try installing an older version of Windows 10 and see what happens.
  • siffonensiffonen Member New Car Smell
    Whiffle said:
    So, I reinstalled Windows 7 on my pc and tried the game again, buttery smooth with my usb wheel plugged in.  So I assume the problem is some combination of Windows 10 and usb.  I think I'll try installing an older version of Windows 10 and see what happens.
    I have had this problem since F1 2015 and only with Windows 10. With Windows 7 all codemaster games since F1 2015 works fine with wheel, so definetly something to do with W10 & usb, maybe usb drivers is the problem
    Whiffle said:
    I also did a fresh install of Windows 10 64-bit Pro Creators version and now it is buttery smooth too.