Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The sponsors in Dirt 4 - how does it work and how many are there?

WeamDreaverWeamDreaver Member Pit Crew
I'd like to know how many sponsors are currently featured in D4. Do we know that?
And how does the availablilty work? Are they rotating or are we getting more and more to choose from?
Do we get notified if a new sponsor becomes available or do we have to check from time to time?
The sponsors I can choose from so far (level 24):

ACW Motorsport
Aim Technologies
Alpinestars
AP Racing
Arai
Barracuda
Bilstein
Black Diamond Performance
Blaupunkt
BOGE
BP Ultimate
Braid
brembo
Demon Tweeks
Dirt 4
Dirt Rally
DPA Microphones
Cobra
Cobra Motorsport
codemasters
Compomotive
corbeau seats
Champion
Clarion.
EBC Brakes
Eibach
elf
Endless
Enkei Wheels
eurodatacar
Exedy
Ferodo
Forge Motorsport
hans
ion Camera
JRM
Kicker
Liqui Moly
Millers Oils
Milltek
Motec
NGK Spark Plugs
Omex Technology
P1 Racing Fuels
Pirelli
Potenza
prodrive
puma
Quaife
Ravenol
Recaro
Repco Parts
Reverie
Rycote
Sabelt
shure
Simon rudge motorsport
Simson
slime
Snap.on
Sound Network
sparco
Speedline Corse
Stack
Steel Seal
Stilo Helmets
Texaco
TOOLS
Total
Würth
Vital Concept
XtremeRX
XTRAC
Yokohama
ZF

Post edited by WeamDreaver on

Comments

• WeamDreaverWeamDreaver Member Pit Crew
    edited June 2017
    Just to answer myself, I got a message about a new sponsor to be available, it's Recaro.

And I also just noticed, that some sponsors seem to be not always available. I remember brembo being available pretty much right from the start, but then it was gone and now it is back.

I just won the WRX Championchip, and now all the previous available sponsors are gone and replace by a whole set of new ones.

Why are the old ones with lower category removed?
    Every accumulated sponsor should be always available imho.

• versediversedi Member Champion
    edited June 2017
    Read the credits in-game and you shall find out ;)

It's a pretty long list. 

Yes they do rotate and are not available all the time.
    You can't have a contract with two firms doing same thing, eg. tires - conflict of interests forbids it which is completely realistic and cool to have it in game. 
    versedi said:
    Read the credits in-game and you shall find out ;)

It's a pretty long list. 

Yes they do rotate and are not available all the time.
    You can't have a contract with two firms doing same thing, eg. tires - conflict of interests forbids it which is completely realistic and cool to have it in game. 
    Yes, but the ones with conflicting interests are often available at the same time. For instance Pirelli and Yokohama just appeared.
  • WhiteWagonWhiteWagon Member Co-Driver
    I haven't seen Pirelli yet, but that's the one I want to keep for my Fiat's and Lancias. 
    I also agree we should be able to go back to any sponsor we have unlocked at any time.
    Anyone seen Pioneer Stereo yet? 
    I will continue adding sponsors to the list.
    And the sponsors seem to rotate randomly. Sometimes after finishing a big event you get a message about a few selected new sponsors. But it seems like you better check the branding section more often, because I just realised that I got a whole new set of 10 sponsors again. Just after 30 minutes of gameplay.

And it also seems like you can't keep your favorite sponsors all the time. I have not seen any option to amend a contract. If the contract expires, the sponsor is gone until it appears sometime again. And you have to be lucky to just go into branding when it is there again.

Haven't seen Pioneer.

• versediversedi Member Champion
    I haven't seen Pirelli yet, but that's the one I want to keep for my Fiat's and Lancias. 
    I also agree we should be able to go back to any sponsor we have unlocked at any time.
    Anyone seen Pioneer Stereo yet? 
    Just got Pirelli ;)
  • MiloRMMiloRM Member New Car Smell
    I unlocked a sponsor for completing the World RX and Skyjacker for completing the Land Rush world series but i cant find them. My PR agent sent a message saying "You have recieved a very genorous offer from Skyjacker suspensions for your impressive performance in the land rush world series" Where do i find these?
  • foppaldofoppaldo Member Wheel Nut
    MiloRM said:
    I unlocked a sponsor for completing the World RX and Skyjacker for completing the Land Rush world series but i cant find them. My PR agent sent a message saying "You have recieved a very genorous offer from Skyjacker suspensions for your impressive performance in the land rush world series" Where do i find these?
    Just came in here to ask the very same thing. I got the mail about some company or other giving me "a very good offer", but I can't act on the message and I can't see the company listed in the brand/sponsorship-module?
  • Lynx2000Lynx2000 Member Wheel Nut
    edited June 2017
    I have corbeau seats,  eurodatacar and Simon rudge motorsport currently on my car will have a look to tell about some other ones. 
  • battfinkzbattfinkz Member Wheel Nut
    The offer means you can use their car as a loan car, to drive in career with their livery on
  • breyzippbreyzipp Member New Car Smell
    I got Recaro the other day, it's not on the list yet. They are grade B IIRC.
    List is growing nicely.

Keep 'em coming..

:)
  • WhiteWagonWhiteWagon Member Co-Driver
    edited June 2017
    I've had Repco Parts for a while and don't see it on the list. I believe it became available after doing an Australian Event in Career.
    Also :

Aim Technologies
    BOGE
    Clarion.
    Enkei Wheels
    Kicker
    NGK Spark Plugs
    Ravenol
    Sound Network
    Steel Seal
    TOOLS
    Vital Concept
    XtremeRX
    ZF
    Post edited by WhiteWagon on
    I would like to know how the system determines what sponsors the player get to choose from?
    Usually I get the same 30 – 40 sponsors over and over.
    I am at level 49 and have rarely or even never seen a good amount of the ones listed in the first post.

So basically, it doesn’t really look random at all.

Does anyone have a clue how it works?
    Does it matter what perk you use for your sponsors Agent? Afaik, the perk only gives more money from sponsors of the selected category.
    edited June 2017
    I am still stuck with the same limited set of sponsors.
    It went down to randomizing from ~20 sponsors, which is probably some 20 % of all the sponsors included or even less.
    How can get some fresh sponsor offerings?
    And why is the selection limited to 10 anyway?
    It would make sense in the beginning at low level. But being at level >50, the player should have way more variety to choose from, eventually all.
  • CrossRally01CrossRally01 Member New Car Smell
    I’m at level 27 and I’ve had Kenwood,OZ,Snap on,Yokohama,Texaco,Sunoco,Cobra,AP Racing,DiRT rally,DiRT4,Stilo,EBC,Quaife and Sabelt 
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Slightly off topic, but I'd really like to be able to take out permanent contracts for both sponsors and team members: really annoying having to go and keep reapplying them after every couple of races! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• MacNitroMacNitro Member New Car Smell
    I've had Bridgestone stickers on my car for a while (if someone keeps that list updated anymore..). I've noticed if you have contract, like with that Bridgestone, and change it to new contract with company with same interests like Pirelli, then you should get better offer from the earlier company. I think PR Agent's Perk: Brand Affinity gets you more varieties for sponsors, like I have used Tyres there so I've seen them all (Yokohama, Pirelli etc.). If I'd change it to Audio I think it would give me offers from Pioneer and Clarion, which I haven't seen yet.
  • FrilekRALLYFrilekRALLY Member New Car Smell
    edited March 11
    Does anybody know if Razer is in it, cause that would be awesome :D. I mean there are Razer championships but I havent seen a trace of Razor sponsor
  • carpacarpa Member Petrol Head
    Does anybody know if Razer is in it, cause that would be awesome :D. I mean there are Razer championships but I havent seen a trace of Razor sponsor
    I'm pretty sure it's possible to have it as a sponsor, I remember having it a few months ago. You can choose between the logo

or the lettering

"I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve