Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The F1 2015 Grand Prix Predictor Forum Game

fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
edited October 2015 in World of Motorsport

Hello and welcome to the F1 2015 Grand Prix Predictor Forum Game!

You will score points based on the results of every race held in the 2015 season.

THE RULES:

PREDICTIONS
1 - MAKING YOUR PREDICTIONS
It is very easy, you need to predict the top 3 in qualifying and top 10 in the race for every Grand Prix.

TOP 10 IN THE RACE AND TOP 3 IN QUALIFYING
You need to put the finishing position and then the driver who you think will finish there. If you name a driver twice then you will not score points for those two drivers. For instance, if you put Sergio Perez to finish in 7th and 10th then you will not score points for him, even if he finishes 7th or 10th.

2 - SUBMITTING YOUR PREDICTIONS
Just submit the post with the list of your top 10 finishers and top 3 Qualifiers. Please note that you may NOT EDIT those predictions by editing a post or making a new post later on. If you do so then you will not score points for that Grand Prix. If I see something at the bottom of a post with a prediction and it has been edited then you will not score points for that Grand Prix, so make sure you are happy with your predictions before submitting them as there is no turning back. If you post on here saying that you will make your predictions later then that is fine but you MUST make a BRAND NEW POST with your predictions for them to be counted. If you edit a post from earlier on and replace it with your predictions then I will not count them as it will say that you have edited a post. You must make a brand new post.

If you make brand new predictions for every race then at the end of the year you will receive a bonus 10 points. It is a little incentive to gain an extra 10 points. For example if someone makes brand new predictions for every race then they will receive those extra 10, but even if you don't make new ones for one race then you won't. Invalid predictions (for example edits) will still count towards the bonus.

3 - NON-SUBMISSION OF PREDICTIONS
If you enter less than 10 drivers for any Grand Prix then you will not score points for that round. Also, if you make a prediction for a Grand Prix but fail to make another prediction for the next one, then I will just use the predictions from the previous race to determine your points on this race. A failure to make new predictions for four consecutive races will prevent you from scoring points until new predictions are made.

4 - PREDICTIONS WHILST BANNED
There have recently been a couple of cases where players have been banned from the forums but would still like to post predictions. If this happens then I will just use your predictions from the last race. When you are off your ban you can predict again. In the event of a permanent ban, you will remain on the scoreboard until the end of the season, but cannot score points once your three race grace period is up.

RESULTS
1 - CHANGES TO RESULTS:
I will use the official race and qualifying results published by the FIA. Any disqualifications or penalties will be used here so for instance, if you chose Nico Hulkenberg to finish 9th, he did but then got a disqualification then you would not score points for him. It is the same situation in Qualifying, it is the starting grid, not the "over the line" results

2 - TIE BREAKER:
Should 2 or more players score the same number of points from a Grand Prix, the player who submitted their predictions first would take the higher position in the results tables and the player who submitted their predictions last would take the lower position in the results tables. Should predictions from a previous race need to be used, these will be ranked behind a new set for the race.

3 - RESULTS TABLES
I will keep a sheet of all results from Grand Prix's along with totals for each player. On the Sunday of the race, Monday or Tuesday I will update this post with the latest results.

DEADLINES
The deadline for predictions is before FP3 is scheduled to begin. Any predictions posted after this time will not be counted.

LATE DRIVER CHANGES

If a driver you have picked is unable to race then the driver who replaces him will replace your vote. Tough luck if a driver you have predicted pulls out and a bad one comes in.

JOINING THE GAME
You may join the game at any time, you must make a post though declaring that you are in the game and you will start on 0 points. It is best if you join now though because you will score more points. To see if you are in the game then check the post after this, there will also be the results tables there

ARGUING

If there are any arguments here which I think damages the reputation of the thread then the people mainly involved will receive a 50 point deduction from their overall score. I will give you a warning though if I feel you are close to getting the deduction. I do not want to have to close my own thread,

POINTS SYSTEM

You will be awarded points using this system:

QUALIFYING:
5 – Correctly predicted Qualifying position
3 – Prediction 1 place away from actual Qualifying position
1 – Prediction 2 places away from actual Qualifying position
0 – Prediction 3 or more places away from actual Qualifying position

RACE:
15 - Correctly predicted finishing position
8 - Prediction 1 place away from actual finishing position
3 - Prediction 2 places away from actual finishing position
0 - Prediction 3 or more places away from actual finishing position
0 - Failure to make a complete set of predictions
Bonus 30 – Perfectly predicted Top 3
Bonus 20 – Correctly predicted Top 3 but not in the right order
Therefore, the maximum points you can get from Qualifying is 15
The maximum points you can get from the Race is 180

Here is an example of how to make your predictions:

Qualifying:
1) Sebastian Vettel
2) Daniel Ricciardo
3) Jenson Button

Race:
1) Sebastian Vettel
2) Daniel Ricciardo
3) Jenson Button
4) Lewis Hamilton
5) Fernando Alonso
6) Pastor Maldonado
7) Sergio Perez
8) Daniil Kvyat
9) Kimi Raikkonen
10) Nico Hulkenberg

NEW FOR 2015

It was agreed at the end of the 2014 season to introduce a constructors championship for this year. People who have signed up must choose a team mate. You may choose a team name (so long as it's clean) if you wish. Both of your scores will count towards the constructor's total, so choose a good team mate!

In the event of an odd number of players, I'm afraid you'll have to play independently. Should another player join later in the season, then you may team up with them.

CHANGES TO PREDICTION LAYOUT:

To make it easier for me to input the results into the spreadsheet, all predictions must either be driver's names (first, last or full - in the event of multiple drivers with the same name then do specify which) or car number. Predictions made outside of this format face the possibility of being rejected. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

As I said, you can sign up at any time in the season, so sign up and get predicting!

Post edited by fIsince08 on

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

Comments

• mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    If 2 or more choose the same teammate, the one who finished higher last year will be the one right?
    PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    mike96 said:
    If 2 or more choose the same teammate, the one who finished higher last year will be the one right?
    I'm hoping there's enough players for it not to come to that, but yeah :p 

#RIPJules

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    So, who wants to be teammates? Just as a small resume, as far as I can remember, I've finished in the top 4 3x out of the 5(?) seasons the game has run for, and I've only done 4 out of the 5(?) seasons ;)
    Damn, there are so many people I like from here, I can't choose :p 
    Go Honda!
    Myself and Matt are Formula Mod!

#RIPJules

Wanna join me @RevolvingPrawn  ?

Go Honda!
    mike96 said:
    Wanna join me @RevolvingPrawn  ?

Go on then :p Only thing now is to think up a team name lol.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    fIsince08 said:
    Hopefully I can keep up my good form from last year!

Thinking about it, I'm kind of like the Williams of this game! Rubbish in 2011, bit better in 2012, rubbish again in 2013 but a big resurgence of form in 2014 with top place finishes, hoping to carry that form through for 2015 :P
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    fIsince08 said:
    Hopefully I can keep up my good form from last year!

Thinking about it, I'm kind of like the Williams of this game! Rubbish in 2011, bit better in 2012, rubbish again in 2013 but a big resurgence of form in 2014 with top place finishes, hoping to carry that form through for 2015 :P
    I'm like Force India, great at the start of the year, not bad in the middle and awful at the end :p 

#RIPJules

Mike and I are in conference over a contextual and dynamic identity for the team, which, of course, would signify the dramatic and astounding convergence of 2 diametrically opposed individuals, whose confluence would auspiciously converge upon efficacious synergy.

In other words, we're thinking of a team name and we'll get back to you once we've decided. And we're gonna kick some butt ;)
    Don't worry, it will come sooner than McLaren's sponsors ;)
    Go Honda!
    @PeteTheDuck @fIsince08 Also, you guys should call yourselves 'Andrea MoDa' :p 
  • Liam12dLiam12d Member Wheel Nut
    Whomever that would end up as my teammate will be the No. 2 and will when threatened be told to purposely edit their predictions. 

Get ready for 2014 Hamilton vs Rosberg-esque domination. 

*Closes door on way out*
    ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
    Com'n Lewis!!!
    R.I.P. Jules Bianchi 1989 - 2015 #KeepFightingMichael  

And we just found out the only one who will take part on his own.

:p
    Go Honda!
  • SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    Liam12d said:
    Whomever that would end up as my teammate will be the No. 2 and will when threatened be told to purposely edit their predictions. 

Get ready for 2014 Hamilton vs Rosberg-esque domination. 

*Closes door on way out*
    Challenge accepted!

Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Matthew77258Matthew77258 Member Race Steward
    edited February 2015
    @onetwothree teammate pls?
    Post edited by Matthew77258 on
    Twitter | Member since 2011 

• onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    edited February 2015
    Team Australia!

Or Team Katy Perry. Either one will do.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn