Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt 4 CRASH, FREEZE

bykson27bykson27 Member New Car Smell
Helo. I have big problem. Game crash, freeze if i:
-I want continue carrer, when loading map Wales, 
In spania During the game, at the end of the episode
If i play casual game, rally cross, crash game in 1 laps, sometimes in 3 laps. I never finish race!
I have new update driver GPU 17.6.1 AMD
SPEC PC: i5 3350p, 4gb ram, hd 7850. I have 60 fps
Fix this? I cant play :(

Comments

• KiTtoùKiTtoù Member New Car Smell
    I got the same
    everytime I try to play my carreer. game freeze at the same place of the stage!
    how can I fix that?
    thx
  • DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    KiTtoù said:
    I got the same
    everytime I try to play my carreer. game freeze at the same place of the stage!
    how can I fix that?
    thx
    try turning the graphics to the lowest
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • CMMcBabeCMMcBabe Member, Codemasters Race Steward
    This sounds similar to another issue we are investigating.  Is it raining when you load into said track?  If it is, try disable the mirrors in the graphics settings.
  • milucommilucom Member New Car Smell
    Hi @CMMcBabe!

I had basically the same issue. Disabling the mirrors in the graphics settings did do the trick.
    Here is some background info in case it might help you. Also sent a ton of error reports with description yesterday,

Machine:
    iMac Retina 2015 with R290X
    Windows 10 via Bootcamp
    Drivers: 17.6.1 from bootcampdrivers

I had the issues on the third career rally event. There was indeed rain (at least according to the weather report, never made it into the game).

Thanks a lot for the hint with disabling the mirrors. That saved me!

BR
    Ben
  • KiTtoùKiTtoù Member New Car Smell
    Yeah! It did work for me,
    Thank you all guys ;)
  • WotzituyaWotzituya Member New Car Smell
    I have an issue in one place...Wales..I cant play any welsh sections.The game freezes at the rally info page,EVERYTIME...I contacted customer service who had me updating drivers and lowering GPU setting,all to no avail.I will keep an eye out for a fix and let you know if I find anything.Do same back plaese?
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    Wotzituya said:
    I have an issue in one place...Wales..I cant play any welsh sections.The game freezes at the rally info page,EVERYTIME...I contacted customer service who had me updating drivers and lowering GPU setting,all to no avail.I will keep an eye out for a fix and let you know if I find anything.Do same back plaese?
    Did you tried to verify your game cache integrity through Steam?
    Hey thanks Versedi,I am doing it now..Fingers crossed for a fix !!    :)
    I got the answer back "One file failed to validate and will be reaquired..Checked steam download page and apparently this file is 2.8GB.Will let you know the result in the morning,..Good on ya champ.You might have sorted this mess out,cheers!
  • thunderfx1978thunderfx1978 Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2017
    Hi,
    For my self , i have disabled my sli of 1080  gtx.

With only one Gpu, i don't have freeze anymore.

if that can help somebody .

Best regards

• IyeViceIyeVice Member New Car Smell
    Any time I try to play either freeplay stages or any other stage in Tarragona - the game crashes.
    Bummer...
  • Sithlord87Sithlord87 Member New Car Smell
    Atleast you guys can play it, all mine does is crash to dashboard