Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt Rally - FPS problems

I recently purchased Dirt Rally while it was on sale through Steam and just started playing it (or trying to) 2 days ago. I have been having an issue that is leaving me at a loss and I have tried several different fixes that seem to not work.

Here is my issue (or the main one I am concerned about) - When I play the game, I can start a race at 60 FPS. About half-way through the race, my FPS begins to fall and keeps falling steadily until I reach the end. Usually by the end of a race I will finish with ~25 FPS with dips in to the teens. After leaving that race, my game will still be running in low frames even in menus. This is very troubling for me. I want to enjoy and like this game, but I can't do it if the performance is going to be shitty like this with no real answer as to how to fix it. I have tried SEVERAL different settings / changes in GFX options to no avail. Precision X is telling me that my card is only being pushed to 30% - 40% of it's usage. Temps are WELL below thermal throttle, and the same goes for my CPU. I know my hardware isn't the issue as I play other games with no troubles at all.

Thanks in advance for any help.

System Specs:
i7-5820K OCed to 4.0GHZ
16GB DDR4
EVGA GTX980 FTW (i have seen youtube vids about cards similar to this running the game at 1080p ultra settings with no problem)
Game is being played on a SSD (as if it matters)

Comments

• DX3MDX3M Member New Car Smell
    edited October 14
    I just bought dirt rally played about 3 hours now

geforce experience put's it on ultra on everything

Ryzen 5 1600x OC to 4.0, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, gigabyte 1070OC 8GB DDR5

mostly it runs at 60FPS then sudden drops to 30fps at some corners or area's even tried everything on low settings, same fps drop occurs

i've been a bit too quick with this reply, (reason is all dirt games are in 1 forum, which makes no sense, i don't have dirt 1.2.3, i have dirt rally it should have a seperate forum) but it seems i've had the usb issue, i unplugged my forgotten flightstick, and it seems the drop is over
    Post edited by DX3M on
  • ALEX13985ALEX13985 Member New Car Smell
    I have a similar problem. When I go into the game my video card is loaded at 99% for a few minutes, 30-40%. This problem occurs after you upgrade windows. PC: Nvidia Geforce GTX 950M, Intel Core i5- 6300HQ, 4 Gb DDR 4.