Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT 4 Pro Tour is the worst gaming experience I've had in years

4 events to get +6. Just need 1 more to get promoted. Game crashes to desktop on starting the first stage and I lose everything and get temp banned.

Add to that it runs significantly worse than single player for no discernable reason. Solid 60 fps on ultra minus advanced blending in single player. 40s-50s in pro tour with no change even if I drop everything to medium.

Comments

• METAL666nzMETAL666nz Member New Car Smell
    Had this twice today. One had done first stage in teir6 and crashed at loading next, then abit later did not even get to load in, so guess no pro tour for me :{
  • MrVance210MrVance210 Member New Car Smell
    it is indeed the worst game mode i've ever played in my life. really har to earn points, because its random af, as this wouldnt be shitty enough u get minus points up to -7 ?!? i mean ****. next thing is availability, really hard to find enaough people to start and sometimes you dont have any chance against them, because they are in a much higher division (yes, i asked some of them and one of them was division1 **** ?!). oh yes, but u still get minus points xD another thing: if u earn 0 points, all your points will get reset and the one time i got 1st in a 8 player lobby it was bugged, i got 1 point and it got down to -20 for the last....thx codemasters for ruining my fun at this game now.... if u do one thing, get rid of the big amount of minus points, even if u lose against higher leveled players, this is not how this system shoul work!
  • PolarClawPolarClaw Member New Car Smell
    Completely agree!
    I had also freezes resulting in penalty of 7 points. 
    Also the bug that each stage cost you a championship of your technician is very annoying. 
  • Sumrs413Sumrs413 Member New Car Smell
    For me it's much more exciting than comunity events, even with all these bugs and issues.

I agree that losing points because of game crashes is not great at all, however ive noticed that all the flame about Pro Tour is concentrated around losing POINTS. 
    You know what? If you are good enough, you can easily reach those division/tear you really deserve even with some crashes.
    If you are not - crashes is not a problem for practicing.
    I believe all these critical bugs in pro tour will be fixed soon enough.
  • ZulnexZulnex Member New Car Smell
    I agree as well. Have nothing but bad luck in Pro Tour.
  • PolarClawPolarClaw Member New Car Smell
    Sumrs413 said:
    For me it's much more exciting than comunity events, even with all these bugs and issues.
    If for you it is exciting to wait for other players, have game freezes or game crashes and loosing your technicians ... then have a lot of fun.
    For me it's nothing to have fun or excitement with.
  • XSimpleHuman04XSimpleHuman04 Member New Car Smell
    For sure it is bugged as hell. It gives random points, but mostly negatives even if I earned positive point(s) or just zeroed. Needs to be fixed ASAP, and it would be a nice game mode.
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    I still have yet to experience it in any way! lol
  • MeatbolicX83MeatbolicX83 Member New Car Smell
    Well some of you people had tried it. Like me i cant even get i to session with out getting 7/8 people to join at least. Its always 3/8. I just wamt the damn acheivement thats all i want. Is that to hard to ask for.
  • PJTierneyPJTierney Member Wheel Nut
    Honestly, I only did Pro Tour enough to get the Achievements.

I like the idea behind it but DiRT isn't the kind of game where I plan on investing a lot of time into Multiplayer. It's a "done in a month" kind of game for me rather than being a game I play all year round like Street Fighter or Forza.
    PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

DiRT 4: 100% Complete
    DiRT Rally: 100% Complete
    F1 2016:
     100% Complete
    F1 2011:
     100% Complete
    F1 2010:
     100% Complete
    F1 Race Stars: 
    100% Complete

Xbox One, Controller, No Assists, Bumper Camera (DiRT) / TV-Pod Camera (F1)

• Phileb77Phileb77 Member New Car Smell
    edited July 5
    In my experience i tried 5 times before finding a match with someone in it ( might be just because i waited long enough this time, Maybe) when i got a match i came 2nd on the first stage 5th on the second ended 3 out of 5. And got zero points for my effort the drivers behind me got -1 and -2. So I was Sheet, #&?, the next driver was -1 less than #&?, and THEN 2 less than #&?.  So 2 People out of 5 get rewarded for multiplayer.

THE MATHS SAYS 3 OUT 5 PEOPLE "MAY STOP PLAYING"

i'm gonna skip this achievement.
  • PaloSamoPaloSamo Member Co-Driver
    I mean, what's the joy in watching the timer go down while seeing Players Found 1/8?
  • foppaldofoppaldo Member Wheel Nut
    Phileb77 said:
    In my experience i tried 5 times before finding a match with someone in it ( might be just because i waited long enough this time, Maybe) when i got a match i came 2nd on the first stage 5th on the second ended 3 out of 5. And got zero points for my effort the drivers behind me got -1 and -2. So I was Sheet, #&?, the next driver was -1 less than #&?, and THEN 2 less than #&?.  So 2 People out of 5 get rewarded for multiplayer.

THE MATHS SAYS 3 OUT 5 PEOPLE "MAY STOP PLAYING"

i'm gonna skip this achievement.
    Isn't that more or less how all PvP games work?
    If you beat the other player(s) you get some of their points/credits/stuff. If you lose then, sad but true, you grow weaker.

In a mmorpg you might be forced to find a more friendly area for a while. In D4, when you lose enough points, you'd be relegated to a more "friendly" division/tier. At least that's how it would work if there was enough drivers around for consistent matchmaking.
  • DytutDytut Member Team Principal
    I tried pro tour last night just to see if I could get a matchup, and I got some straight away. Quite fun runs aswell, had some good fights with a couple of drivers with stage times differing just a few seconds. So as long as you can get it going it's quite nice.
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• LudwigVonMisesLudwigVonMises Member Unleaded
    Jumped in earlier today (Sunday) at 11AM (GMT -3) and got a bunch of nearly instant matches. Mostly four players but a couple 6+. It was a lot of fun with the Focus 2007. Seems it depends a lot on time of day/week and car class.

It is, however, concerning to see how few people are online. The fact that most of the time it's hard to get matched in Pro Tour and getting into an online rally lobby is sometimes as difficult as it is in SLRE due to there only being one or two at a time. Very worrying that a new DiRT game has so few people playing online...
  • SamRWDSamRWD Member Petrol Head
    edited July 9
    I wouldn't play anything but pro tour (maybe on top of dailies, weeklies etc) after finishing career, but atm there is a bug with engineers disapearing after finishing pro tour event. I lost 2 or 3 engineers after I did pro tour. Otherwise it was tons of fun. Just make sure you have your setups ready, because you don't have much time to tune your car lol. I wish there was some kind of indication of how long gearbox I should use for said leg. All we get are pictures showing next stage. I wish engineers could suggest that on their own with proper skill.
  • LudwigVonMisesLudwigVonMises Member Unleaded
    SamRWD said:
    I wouldn't play anything but pro tour (maybe on top of dailies, weeklies etc) after finishing career, but atm there is a bug with engineers disapearing after finishing pro tour event. I lost 2 or 3 engineers after I did pro tour. Otherwise it was tons of fun. Just make sure you have your setups ready, because you don't have much time to tune your car lol. I wish there was some kind of indication of how long gearbox I should use for said leg. All we get are pictures showing next stage. I wish engineers could suggest that on their own with proper skill.
    The whole engineer skill level crap has to go. I won't use my own cars in PvP events because the winnings are not enough to renew staff contracts. That means I end up with loaner cars and can't load my setups. So I have to do it manually when the lobby starts. Incredibly annoying.
  • METAL666nzMETAL666nz Member New Car Smell
    I have said this in another post, only enginer you need is the cheif as he is the guy that does sets, unless you arre terrible and wreck your car you wont go over the repair time. Only times I grab a couple others is for the montly challange. Also if the cheif is moody do a stage/car you like in freeplay and win and he all sorted. Also I have not found a pro tour race in a few days.
  • V6PBSUKV6PBSUK Member New Car Smell
    I have said this in another post, only enginer you need is the cheif as he is the guy that does sets, unless you arre terrible and wreck your car you wont go over the repair time. Only times I grab a couple others is for the montly challange. Also if the cheif is moody do a stage/car you like in freeplay and win and he all sorted. Also I have not found a pro tour race in a few days.

Only had one decent session on pro tour since the game came out with more than 4 players sticking around for a few events...... 

As it stands Pro Tour is  a joke at the moment and a pretty bad one at that...

• talby71talby71 Member New Car Smell
    edited July 19
    have only been able to get into 1 race since release
    never been able to find any one to race against since that 1st time and got demoted because I cant find a race

Post edited by talby71 on