Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

F1 2017 D-Box and UDP Output Specification

Comments

• carlucio24carlucio24 Member New Car Smell
    Hi guys,
    I have the same value (400000) for m_kers_level and m_kers_max_level.
    Why?
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    Hi guys,
    I have the same value (400000) for m_kers_level and m_kers_max_level.
    Why?
    F1 2017 cars don't have a DRS button. The ERS (MGU-K + MGU-H) is controlled by the ECU.
    I'm not stupid, I just don't always have all the necessary information,...stupid.
  • carlucio24carlucio24 Member New Car Smell
    edited March 2018
    Ok, so why there are these 2 values m_kers_level and m_kers_max_level in telemetry if are always fix at 400000?
  • mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    Ok, so why there are these 2 values m_kers_level and m_kers_max_level in telemetry if are always fix at 400000?
    Sort-of "compatibility" back to F1 2013 (or I don't exactly know how I should say it).
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
    "First rule of Beta club is no talking about Beta club." - Faya, 2018

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    mantazzo said:
    Sort-of "compatibility" back to F1 2013 (or I don't exactly know how I should say it).
    It's often easier to leave established parameters 'in' but set to a nominal or out of range value and / or disregard them in case they are needed again in future I suppose. You wouldn't knock down the spare bedroom of a house just because no one is staying over.
    I'm not stupid, I just don't always have all the necessary information,...stupid.
  • smt923smt923 Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2018
    I just pushed my Go library for this if anyone is interested: https://github.com/smt923/f1telemetry
    It's not super highly tested but it works so far if anyone has a use for it feel free to test it and let me know if something doesn't work
    I'll be supporting 2018 on this too, whenever it's out

• BannishBannish Member New Car Smell
    Hey there guys,
    I am working on a C# app for a friend an myself to see the live timings of the whole grid. I am getting all data i need, but what i don't know is, how I can calculate the live timing intervals between drivers from the data provided. can anyone give me a hand with this?
  • LopenskyLopensky Member Unleaded
    Bannish said:
    Hey there guys,
    I am working on a C# app for a friend an myself to see the live timings of the whole grid. I am getting all data i need, but what i don't know is, how I can calculate the live timing intervals between drivers from the data provided. can anyone give me a hand with this?
    Just look back into this thread. ;)

Anyway they are changing lots about udp data so if you do this for next years game maybe it's better to wait to know more about new mechanics.. :/

Said that.. maybe @Hoo can give us mor info at this stage! :D :#
    Formula Italian Team - Driver & Staffer
    Formula Europe - Staffer

F1 2018 Beta Tester

Platform: PS4   -  Games: F1 2016, F1 2017, F1 2018, Assetto Corsa  -  Wheel: T300 GTE & G29
  • HooHoo Member, Codemasters admin
    We will be able to release some info about the updated UDP structure in the next few weeks. We plan to support the existing format too, so we will hopefully be compatible with any apps written using the current spec.
    Lopensky said:
    ok, will do that, i might have missed something in here  :smile:
    Hoo said:
    We will be able to release some info about the updated UDP structure in the next few weeks. We plan to support the existing format too, so we will hopefully be compatible with any apps written using the current spec.
    I am really curious to see, what the updated structure looks like. will it be posted in a new thread or will you update this one?
  • HooHoo Member, Codemasters admin
    We'll create a new thread as this one is getting too large and we'll put a link to it here too.
  • AndyHampAndyHamp Member New Car Smell
    I'm looking at using some of the data to display information on an overlay of a map.

Has anyone ever tried to convert the x/y/z values in the data to a geospatial map coordinate ? Anyone know what the x/y/z coordinate units are ? 

Thanks...

Bannish said:
    Lopensky said:
    ok, will do that, i might have missed something in here  :smile: 
    @Bannish   Did you find it ? I just trawled through and didn't find the information
    @AndyHamp
    I found this on the first page.
    bax said:
    2) calculating the delay between 2 drivers is not a problem using timers but there is one important info missing to determine the FINAL race car position: PENALTIES !! Time penalties greatly affect the final classification of the race in case of strict rules and it is typical to give this information to spectators during a live coverage.
    It almost answers my question, but it would take me a timer for every racecar on the track.
    right now, I calculate the delay like this: i subtract the total distance of the rival car from my total distance and divide by my speed. but this will deliver very wonky times in some cases
  • DaveyGravyDaveyGravy Member New Car Smell
    There’s certainly a few ways of doing it. For example, in my Race Dash for F1 games on iOS app I update the driver gaps at each sector boundary using a time stamp for when the lead car passes through as a reference. It’s not super accurate, and only updates a few times a lap but I’ve found it to be enough as the raw data is missing in the API so 100% accuracy is not possible anyway.
    AndyHamp said:
    I'm looking at using some of the data to display information on an overlay of a map.

Has anyone ever tried to convert the x/y/z values in the data to a geospatial map coordinate ? Anyone know what the x/y/z coordinate units are ? 

Thanks...

@hoo Are you able to help with this ?
    I think the best you can do it's do a test and try to display this values on a canvas. I suggest you to start displaying x,y coords at first since i don't think you really need z coord for your purpouse.

Think the "standard" track view is the one showed in the game UI durng races (on bottom-left) so you can try use that as an overlay. ;)

Let me know if you find out something useful! :)
    Formula Europe - Staffer

F1 2018 Beta Tester

Platform: PS4   -  Games: F1 2016, F1 2017, F1 2018, Assetto Corsa  -  Wheel: T300 GTE & G29
  • cjorgens79cjorgens79 Member Unleaded
    AndyHamp said:
    AndyHamp said:

Thanks...

you can use them to create a map and track your position on it, my RS Dash app does this. Use x and z for top down, y is height from ground so only useful if making a 3d map
    AndyHamp said:
    AndyHamp said:

Thanks...

you can use them to create a map and track your position on it, my RS Dash app does this. Use x and z for top down, y is height from ground so only useful if making a 3d map
    Awwwww that make sense.. :p
    Formula Europe - Staffer

F1 2018 Beta Tester

• CanTQuiTCanTQuiT Member New Car Smell
    Is the closed F1-2018-beta already started?