Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

F1 2017 D-Box and UDP Output Specification

1789101113»

Comments

• BexasBexas Member New Car Smell
    yes we are waiting info about f1 2018 udp data....
  • TeenierNeilb69TeenierNeilb69 Member Unleaded
    edited June 2018
    @hoo @Faya

as someone presumably trying to enhance/develop complimentary products and applications for f1 games at release date perhaps you can advise.
  • HooHoo Member, Codemasters admin
    AndyHamp said:
    Is there any information yet on how different the 2018 data will be ?  Is it an evolution or total revolution ?

For those of us no of the public beta when will we get anything ? Or will it all happen after the 24th Aug ?

It will be a re-evolution! ;)

The 2017 UDP format will still be available, so you should be able to use that as before. The new format sees the packet broken down into sections that contain specific types of data, allowing us to include more data than if using a single packet. These details are currently being worked on, so once this stabilises we will post the specs in the public forum. Hopefully this will happen a few weeks before game launch.
  • LopenskyLopensky Member Unleaded
    As far as i know there should be support for "old style" (F1 2017) UDP specifications, so no problem. Eventually there is no need to change anything :)
    Formula Italian Team - Driver & Staffer
    Formula Europe - Staffer

F1 2018 Beta Tester

Platform: PS4   -  Games: F1 2016, F1 2017, F1 2018, Assetto Corsa  -  Wheel: T300 GTE & G29
  • AndyHampAndyHamp Member New Car Smell
    Hoo said:

The 2017 UDP format will still be available, so you should be able to use that as before. The new format sees the packet broken down into sections that contain specific types of data, allowing us to include more data than if using a single packet. These details are currently being worked on, so once this stabilises we will post the specs in the public forum. Hopefully this will happen a few weeks before game launch.
    @hoo any details on how you might break it down ? For example geospatial (location, speed etc) .... car (temps, settings) .... etc or something different ?
  • wdthiagowdthiago Member New Car Smell
    Hi everyone,

I'm writing an application that receives the data sent from game but I'm having trouble decoding it. Does anyone can provide me an example on how to decode the information in Python?

Thanks very much!
  • Defect17Defect17 Member New Car Smell
    Hoo said:
    AndyHamp said:
    Is there any information yet on how different the 2018 data will be ?  Is it an evolution or total revolution ?

For those of us no of the public beta when will we get anything ? Or will it all happen after the 24th Aug ?

Information currently missing that I would like is: the SC/VSC deployment status, and the associated SC delta.
    Hopefully this falls under the new data you already have planned, if not, could you consider adding it?
  • gaetanomatontigaetanomatonti Member New Car Smell
    Has anyone managed to decode the packet in Swift? I'm having issues decoding the CarUDPData array.
  • Beast1986Beast1986 Member New Car Smell
    @gaetanomatonti -- What issues are you having? Is it only CarUDPData that you're having trouble with? You're able to decode the rest of the data? Could you post some code or maybe DM me what you have? 
  • Beast1986Beast1986 Member New Car Smell
    @Hoo -- Any updates on the 2018 technical specs? I'm itching to learn what's changed :smile: -- Will you post the new technical spec in this thread or will you create a new one? Also, you mentioned that the 2017 UDP format will still be available, does this mean it will be a menu toggle, alongside whatever options have been included for 2018? 

Thanks!
  • eXe131091eXe131091 Member New Car Smell
    Hey,

We are trying to represent the cars world position on a track map. The problem is that we have a touch panel with 1280x800px resolution and so we need a factor to calculate the xyz-coordinates on the panel. Can someone explain where to find the point 0:0:0 (xyz) on each track map? Otherwise its different for each track and that would be a lot of work.

By the way. The F1 2018 game starts on 24th of August here in Germany. Is there andy possibility to look at the new udp format before the 24th? I did not get a beta account so there will be a lot of work from 24th.

Mark
  • BannishBannish Member New Car Smell
    eXe131091 said:

By the way. The F1 2018 game starts on 24th of August here in Germany. Is there andy possibility to look at the new udp format before the 24th? I did not get a beta account so there will be a lot of work from 24th.
    I was hoping too, that we would get some information ahead of the release, At least you have the option to use the legacy system from F1 2017 and older, so your old code will still work for the time being.
  • gaetanomatontigaetanomatonti Member New Car Smell
    Bannish said:
    eXe131091 said:

I was hoping too, that we would get some information ahead of the release
    Same here, maybe they're still finalizing it. 
  • btasticalbtastical Member New Car Smell
    A few hours before release and still nothing?

• NetCrashNetCrash Member New Car Smell
    Hello! Who can we talk to to get written permission to use the data collected? Another way of asking, where are the terms and conditions around what we can do with any data we collect? My company wants to have a demo that uses the data we collected while playing the game going around for a few laps... and they really want written explicit permission :-/
1789101113»