Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

F1 2017 D-Box and UDP Output Specification

Comments

• cjorgens79cjorgens79 Member New Car Smell

Thank you, thing is though one would think it would read what the pressure was set to in the set up, default in most cases is around 23.4 on the fronts and 21.9 or something on the rears. It should also change a bit as the tyres heat up and cool down.

So tyre pressure data is possibly not being output in the UDP data correctly. But yes the false readings are most likely a EKSim implementation error.

Yeah the 18psi values are place holders by the looks of it, since as you say they never change.
  • cjacksonXBLcjacksonXBL Member New Car Smell
    Time trials don't care about tyre pressure and temperature. Data always give same values. 
    No changes in pressure occur for Multiplayer or single player races either.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    edited August 14
    Hoo said:
    we may need to do a more significant re-write / re-organisation of our data to allow us to better control what data is sent when. This amount of work wouldn't happen before release though...I'll let you know if this is something we can get into the current title.
    Hoo what about the other hundred unanswered Threads in Tech Assistance forum, who deals with them? Or are you guys told to just ignore them if they are not talking about this years game?

Cheers
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
    @Hoo - are there any changes expected to the api prior to the release of the game at the end of next week? If so will there be any way to test them before release? I guess the same question goes for any updates that occur after the game is released. Will there be a way to test them before the patch that includes them is released?

Cheers
  • HooHoo Member, Codemasters admin
    There are a few changes that will be in an initial update for the game. I need to sort out what changes will be available when and will update this thread.

Hoo said:
    There are a few changes that will be in an initial update for the game. I need to sort out what changes will be available when and will update this thread.

ok, thanks hoo

Hello All. Here is a summary of the various UDP issues raised by you in this thread. There have been some changes to the structure, so apps using the older structure may need updating. I’ve updated the specs on page 1 of this thread, with the newly added fields marked with NEW in the comment. I’ve also updated track, car and driver IDs to include the classic content.

Changes in release build (version 1.3):

·         Allow UDP output to be set from the hardware config file (done – see new notes in the first post on this thread)

·         Add penalty info into UDP data (added as m_penalties)

·         Display engine RPM as a % of maximum RPM (added as m_rev_lights_percent)

·         UDP output uses m_trackPosition and m_car_position for same info (now uses m_carPosition in CarUDPData struct)

·         Best lap in UDP output data uses invalid laps (fixed – this now only uses the best valid lap)

·         Add a field in UDP output to indicate when a player is spectating (added as m_is_spectating)

·         Have currently viewed driver index in UDP output when spectating (added as m_spectator_car_index)

·         Add session time remaining into UDP output for P / Q sessions (added as m_session_time_left)

·         Pits value stays on after the car exits the pits (behaviour is now: 0 = Car in on track, 1 = Car enters the pit lane (limiter on), 2 = Car enters pit box, 1 = Car exits pit box, 0 = Car passes pit wall (limiter off))

Still investigating:

·         Add raw motion data to give greater accuracy on motion platforms

·         Add unique session ID to help correlate UDP telemetry results

·         Ignore the SLI-PRO device when the SLI-PRO setting  is set to OFF

·         Tyre Pressure readings always show 18psi in UDP telemetry output

Won’t fix this year:

·         Fuel load only updates when going to track

·         Add support for showing car setups in the UDP output data

·         Output player names via UDP output

·         Continue to broadcast CarUDPData after player has finished the race

·         Latency when receiving UDP results for other players in online sessions

Please be aware that we are still looking at two potential changes that will affect the data structure if implemented. I’ll give you notice on this thread before these additional changes drop into the build. 

• DaveyGravyDaveyGravy Member New Car Smell
    Thanks @Hoo - there’s some nice changes in there that I’m sure will please some of my fellow devs greatly. Just one question, is this v1.3 build what is being released initially (ie supplied on Blu-ray etc to stores) or is it a day 1 patch that people could download but might not?

thanks again
    David
    v1.3 is the day 1 patch version. Users installing from a disc will have v1.0 which will use the previous specification.
    Hoo said:
    v1.3 is the day 1 patch version. Users installing from a disc will have v1.0 which will use the previous specification.
    Many thanks
  • Ognjen44Ognjen44 Member New Car Smell
    Is anyone having audio problems on pc game?

• EnsiFerrumEnsiFerrum Member Pit Crew
    Does anyone know the RPMs or the percentage of RPMs when the different LEDs on the dashboards are lit up? I am currently only interested on the modern cars. The values for the historical cars might come handy in a few days as well.

@Hoo : You might ask your engineers for the values?

THX in advance.

"I find your lack of communications disturbing" - Lord Darth Vader to Codemasters Community Manager
    Body is n characters too short. <- THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!
    Once with professionals ...

Sys-Spec:
     Intel Core i7-6700K / 32GB RAM / ASUS Stryx GTX 1080 A8G / Creative Soundblaster Z
     Fanatec CSL Elite / Fanatec CSL Wheel P1/ Fanatec CSW Formula Carbon /
     Fanatec CSP v3 / Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake /
     Thrustmaster TH8A /
     TrackIR
     Windows Version 1703 (Build 16288.1000)
  • Unnamed25Unnamed25 Member New Car Smell
    Ognjen44 said:
    Is anyone having audio problems on pc game?

Only in replay mode, but that's because everything keeps blinking and glitching out. The engine noise seems a bit wavy.
  • dwjladdwjlad Member New Car Smell
    My G27 isn't at all recognized by the game. I have tried all recommendations including re-installing the logitech profiler and relevant drivers but nothing seems to work. When I downloaded a G27 control profile from the steam workshop, it shows in the control menus, however it also reads that the required devices (G27) are not connected. 

The wheel works perfectly fine with other games, it's only F1 2017 where it isn't being recognised. 
    edited August 26
    dwjlad said:
    My G27 isn't at all recognized by the game. I have tried all recommendations including re-installing the logitech profiler and relevant drivers but nothing seems to work. When I downloaded a G27 control profile from the steam workshop, it shows in the control menus, however it also reads that the required devices (G27) are not connected. 

The wheel works perfectly fine with other games, it's only F1 2017 where it isn't being recognised. 
    You are in the wrong thread for support queries like that, this is a thread specifically for the UDP telemetry output provided by the game. I suggest going back to the http://forums.codemasters.com/categories/f1-games-technical-assistance page and searching for a similar post covering the problem you are experiencing, or perhaps starting a new thread if you cant find one. Make sure you read the http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/55933/f1-2017-technical-assistance-bug-reports-please-read-before-posting first though.

Not that it really helps, but i have a G27 and have no issues using it with F1 2017, so it is probably some sort of driver or settings issue on your side.
    @Hoo - Do you think we might be able to get a forum section dedicated to 3rd party apps using your telemetry api?

I was thinking that a category called "F1 Games - Companion Apps"
    Inside that you could have a stickied "readme first" that clearly informs everyone that the 3rd party apps listed are not made by Codemasters and that any support queries relating to those apps must be directed to the developer of the app.
    Each app developer could have 1 thread inside this category specifically for their app, where they can detail what their app does, provide some screenshots and provide support for their apps via questions posted by users into that thread. 

Cheers
    Craig
    @cjorgens79 sounds like a great idea - I’d get behind this for my app.

David
  • oscarolimoscarolim Member Unleaded
    Ditto :)
    it seems my 2016 app is still compatible. Over the next weeks I'll be updating to add support for the extra info of 2017!
  • dwin20dwin20 Member Wheel Nut
    @Hoo - Do you think we might be able to get a forum section dedicated to 3rd party apps using your telemetry api?

I was thinking that a category called "F1 Games - Companion Apps"
    Inside that you could have a stickied "readme first" that clearly informs everyone that the 3rd party apps listed are not made by Codemasters and that any support queries relating to those apps must be directed to the developer of the app.
    Each app developer could have 1 thread inside this category specifically for their app, where they can detail what their app does, provide some screenshots and provide support for their apps via questions posted by users into that thread. 

Cheers
    Craig
    Great idea!