Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Revealed: the four historic Ferrari F1 cars in F1 2017

jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager

Hey, this has gone up originally here, but you can find it below  <3

Today, we’d like to announce that F1™ 2017, the official videogame of the 2017 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, is going to include four iconic Ferraris from the history of the sport. If you missed our other blogs,  F1 2017 also features an even deeper career mode, numerous multiplayer enhancements, and a brand new ‘Championships’ game mode. F1 2017 will release onto PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam) worldwide on August 25th 2017.

We’ve released a brand new trailer that showcases the four Ferraris, including three that were previously unannounced before today! The trailer is playing below, but it’s also playing over on our YouTube channel if you fancy watching it there too. Even with today’s reveal, we still have more classic cars to show you in the coming weeks.

Here are the fantastic Ferraris that will be in F1 2017:

• 1995 Ferrari 412 T2 – as driven by Jean Alesi and Gerhard Berger during the 1995 Formula 1™ season. Alesi won the Canadian Grand Prix in this classic car for his first and only race win, as the team accumulated 73 points to take third place in the Constructors' standings. Notably, it is the last car to be powered by a V12 engine.

ferrari-1995

• 2002 Ferrari F2002 – During the 2002 season, this was driven by Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello, the F2002 is one of the most successful Formula One™ cars of all time, winning 14 out of 17 races in 2002.

ferrari-2002

• 2004 Ferrari F2004 – In the 2004 F1™ season the F2004 continued the run of success the team had enjoyed since 1999. With Michael Schumacher and Barrichello again at the wheel, they won the team's sixth straight Constructors' Championship and Schumacher his fifth straight Drivers' Championship (his seventh overall). It remains one of the most dominant cars in the history of the sport, winning 15 out of 18 races, recording 12 pole positions and many lap records that have stood up until the new 2017 season.

ferrari-2004

• 2007 Ferrari F2007 – best known for providing Kimi Räikkönen with his first World Championship title as he partnered Felipe Massa, with the car winning 9 out of the 17 races in the 2007 season.

ferrari-2007

Like the sound of all of that? You can pre-order F1 2017 on Steam right now here! Make sure you follow us here at the Codemasters F1 games blog and on our social channels on Twitter and Facebook for future news, YouTube for all our videos, and visit the product website for additional information. We'll be releasing more news very soon!

Comments

• cheech219360cheech219360 Member Unleaded
    roberto28 said:
    Not pre ordering at the moment as we dont know about the other NEW F1 2017 content in detail (Career, championship, official HUD, mechanical failures, ERS)
    same an im holdin off atm. till i no more about multiplayer options if it's p2p again then im out.
    Xbox one GT x0 cheech 0x. going fast is the only pace give room an receive room. smash me of see what happens next...

• ChromaticChromatic Member, Drivers Pit Crew

Thanks to the introduction of the Ferrari 412 T2 hopefully we might see more cars that havn't won the championship like Jordan Minardi Jaguar and so on :) 

How many different racing lines will you take 

Originally Withyman on the old forum's 

My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TBCFormulae 

Manor may be gone but the history they made lives on

• Tomi1997Tomi1997 Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    The game is called F1 2017  but we haven't heard anything on F1 2017 yet :(
  • kg48fankg48fan Member New Car Smell
    Your not selling your game hard enough yet show some of the career mode details and actual 2017 F1 stuff
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    roberto28 said:
    Not pre ordering at the moment as we dont know about the other NEW F1 2017 content in detail (Career, championship, official HUD, mechanical failures, ERS)
    yeah I'm holding off until more details on career are given as well.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• Drew8711Drew8711 Member New Car Smell
    This is amazing! Thank you guys! Never been this hyped for an f1 game! Keep them coming!!! ❤
  • MilixJr1MilixJr1 Member New Car Smell
    I am also fed up. I want to see the actual game, who cares about the classic cars if the actual game dont works. Instead of announcing classic cars you should improve online and fix all bugs in a simple racing game. And you have to get more realistic if not you will lose your pro hardcore gamer base to pc2.
  • ffigueirffigueir Member Wheel Nut
    Don't understand why it is taking so long to announce other features included
  • FOneFanaticFOneFanatic Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited June 13
    It's refreshing to know that this will be the first the major racing game to hit the shelves, long before the Project CARS2 and Forza Motorsport 7! Featuring these classic cars makes this upcoming edition of the game one of the most special and valuable and I hope it's compatible with Xbox One X (not that I plan on getting one this year, but just to know that it will be there if needed).  Great Job Codemasters!!!!

If his unpleasant wounding, has in someway enlightened the rest of us, as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life, and has inspired us all to change our ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory!

"Gone in 60 Seconds"
  • jammie360jammie360 Member Wheel Nut
    weisiAUT said:
    i am really disappointed at the moment... this news have nothing to do with a official formula 1 2017 game... the most people from the community want a new realistic f1 game (official tv hud, realistic damage and rules, saveable online championship) and no classic f1 cars game... this should be a DLC or an own game, but this is not F1 2017... F1 2016 was definitly a step into the right direction, but this year the news sounds like the game F1 2016 with classic cars and no progress... thats it... at the moment i can not discribe how desappointed i am! :-(
    The classic cars would have cost ALOT of money this has to be their main selling point and what they advertise most. We will get gameplay and 2017 news be patient. :)
  • jammie360jammie360 Member Wheel Nut

coolieboy said:
    So let's recap....no info on the game itself...4 out of 12 classic cars are Ferrari...all new championship mode...why do I get the feeling this is going to turn out like F1 2015.  Tbh, I was going to buy the game on day 1 but now I'm going to wait. If the game flops then at least Pcars2 is coming out in September. 
    Classic cars cost money. Classic cars sell the game to thise who arent regualr f1 buyers. They have to advertise thus most. Be patient 
  • ValeryMValeryM Member New Car Smell
    I'm a fan of Ferrari and it's cool. All these cars are great! Well, still want to see the car Brawn? They all want it. Will or not the guys? Enough to torment  :D And enough Ferrari. You give Renault ( 2005-2006) Alonso! ...........Car Kimi. This bliss!  B)
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Wheel Nut
    Wake me up when they bring out season stuff, I.e. 2017. I like to race full seasons against cars of the same season, like a full championship, not half-baked single races between cars from different years. If they had, for example, every car from the 2004 season, I would prefer that 100 times over 12 cars scattered over different seasons.

I think I did 10 laps with the 1996 Ferrari at Imola with F1 2013, because it used to be one of my favorite cars of all time, but I found it quite pointless to do anything more.
  • ValeryMValeryM Member New Car Smell
    Ho3n3r said:
    Wake me up when they bring out season stuff, I.e. 2017. I like to race full seasons against cars of the same season, like a full championship, not half-baked single races between cars from different years. If they had, for example, every car from the 2004 season, I would prefer that 100 times over 12 cars scattered over different seasons.

I think I did 10 laps with the 1996 Ferrari at Imola with F1 2013, because it used to be one of my favorite cars of all time, but I found it quite pointless to do anything more.
    Alas, they can not buy licenses for machines teams that already do not legally exist... Jaguar or Jordan, BAR...
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Petrol Head
    coolieboy said:
    So let's recap....no info on the game itself...4 out of 12 classic cars are Ferrari...all new championship mode...why do I get the feeling this is going to turn out like F1 2015.  Tbh, I was going to buy the game on day 1 but now I'm going to wait. If the game flops then at least Pcars2 is coming out in September. 
    So lets recap how game marketing works. Using FIFA as a comparison. Don't forget that ofcourse football is a much bigger game, so more details will be released months before release as it is no where near as important to build a hype train cause they're still get staggering sales numbers. CM need a to build a massive hype train if they want big sales numbers aswell as, they especially don't want it to wear off. It's a marketing scheme they've always used and kinda works if we look at the amount of new players on f1 2016. 

I think we have got an issue here tho this time last year was the career mode features all announced. Aswell but lets not forget everything came out at e3 last year. We're at that stage now, so Thursday is cm's official day so just be patient yh. I'll start thinking it's acceptable to complain around July time, I don't want to look like I'm bum licking cm but it's tru tho, we didn't get much until e3, aswell as the only thing that worries me is the fact they still don't have the license to publically display the 2017 car models.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • IvanoZ023IvanoZ023 Member New Car Smell
    All I know about this game is that it should be called oldtimer formula 1
  • IvanoZ023IvanoZ023 Member New Car Smell
    edited June 13
    Give us f1 2017 better than 2016 and the future of the game (driving). VR of course.
    Post edited by IvanoZ023 on