Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2017 Le Mans 24 Hours

MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
I know there's a WEC thread, but thought it'd be better to have a dedicated sticky discussion for the race this weekend.

Can't wait. This will be the first time in 6 years I'll be able to watch the start live, and I'm having a mate round to basically have a Le Mans all nighter. Crack open some beers and enjoy a cracking race, hopefully.

Rooting for the Toyota of Buemi / Davidson / Nakajima.

TBH, I'm just rooting for any British drivers, always want them to win, but in particular Davidson. So many times he's come to Le Mans and had it go wrong, this must be his time to finally get the win!

Also, would love the #99 Aston and Ross Gunn to do well. He lives literally just round the corner from me, and is the same age as me too, so I'm really hoping he can get on the podium!
MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters

Comments

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Watched the qualifying last night and will tonight. Still seems odd not having Audi, there's even talk of Porsche pulling out. LMP1 would be completely ruined if that happens.
  • MexicolaMexicola Member Race Engineer
    edited June 15
    Hughesy said:
    Watched the qualifying last night and will tonight. Still seems odd not having Audi, there's even talk of Porsche pulling out. LMP1 would be completely ruined if that happens.
    Yeah, LMP1s running out of manufacturers. It would be nice to see other manufacturers return, like Mercedes and Renault. (Although Mercedes are probably still wiping their arses from shitting themselves in 1999)

Love Le Mans, gonna watch the whole thing again this year. Rooting for Toyota, not having my heart broke again like last year.
    Wow lap record, Toyota are going to walk this aren't they.
  • mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    Ready for the 24 hour marathon. This HAS to be Toyota's year.
    PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
    If they don't win it'll be a massive failure.
    I bet as soon as I go to bed something exciting will happen.
    edited June 17
    Hughesy said:
    I remember back in 2014 I went to bed when a Toyota was leading. When I woke up that car had retired...
    Go Honda!
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    mike96 said:
    Hughesy said:
    I remember back in 2014 I went to bed when a Toyota was leading. When I woke up that car had retired...
    30 mins after Mike posts...
  • SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    Not again..........................................
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
    LOL

The Japanese are great at making reliable engines aren't they....
    edited June 17
    This is all Mike's fault lol. I bet he went to bed right after his last post.

At least car #8 is still in the race, really want Buemi and Davidson to win.
    Hah, I'm actually trying to stay up throughout the entire race. I should just keep my mouth shut... :(
    Go Honda!
    edited June 17
    Lol, every time Mike posts, a Toyota shits itself :D
    SOMEONE BAN ME PLEASE                                                                                   
    Go Honda!
    Lol One Toyota left now......                
    mike96 said:
    SOMEONE BAN ME PLEASE                                                                                   
    Stop Mike, car #8 will be next otherwise! ;)
  • Chadwick8505Chadwick8505 Member Wheel Nut
    Well that escalated quickly... poor Toyota 
    edited June 17
    Honda: Man we make the worst engines 

Toyota: Hold my beer.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Holy **** ****, this is the most incredible race. Not even half way through, and 4 out of the 5 hybrids have run into massive issues.

I'm starting to think an LMP2 could actually win this race outright. That would be the most unbelievable story. All it takes is a problem for the #1 Porsche and it could happen!

Le Mans is utterly ruthless. You can't go into it believing you're going to win, because there's often nothing you can do about it. 
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
    Decided I'm going to sleep soon and then probably wakeup at 7am, so please nothing too exciting happen while I'm away.