Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

My GOD, just hear that sound.... They sure know how to make it right - Hoping same for F1 2017

Comments

• Eddy567Eddy567 Member Wheel Nut
    great sound. codies claim to have used onboard mics in the past yet they have never nailed. down the sound to the perfection on the video
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Wheel Nut
    It doesn't seem like Codemasters have used actual dynos onboard to capture real life footage on track, otherwise the sound would be just like the real deal and if they actually did use it as they claim to have done, the guys at the sound department have completely butchered the files......
  • Sector4Sector4 Member Pit Crew
    That's a naturally aspirated V10 so not really comparable (unless you are talking about the classic cars). 
  • kraM1tkraM1t Member Pit Crew
    This is RRE's 2017 car with a V10 engine sound for anyone wondering, RRE have the best sounds in the simracing business. Pretty much everyone agrees on it @ /r/simracing
    edited June 18
    Sector4 said:
    That's a naturally aspirated V10 so not really comparable (unless you are talking about the classic cars). 

--------------------

Dude it's about the principles of audio engineering, regardless of what type of car. 

How come such a small studio, in this case sector 3 / simbin with only 50 employees, is able to get this spot on, yet Codemasters with 400+ employees never even got close to the real deal?!

Also here are two links on how the 2017 cars should sound like:

Post edited by LilBrown47 on
  • davidjgurneydavidjgurney Member, Codemasters Wheel Nut
    edited June 18
    @LilBrown47 I think you're vastly overestimating the number of people that work on F1 let alone the number that produce audio for the F1 games. We have a (small for a yearly franchise) team of 3 that make all of the sound effects in the game. 

The video you have shared sounds really nice- seems like the audio aesthetic for their game is real life. We aim for broadcast and from our internal comparisons it is incredibly close. 

The E3 mix is "work in progress", so we'll be ensuring the overall balance is improved over the coming weeks.

Appreciate the feedback and will make sure we discuss this approach tomorrow.
    Audio Designer - F1
  • rezilrezil Member New Car Smell
    I think it's not because of samples but because raceroom supports effects like reverb.
  • rezilrezil Member New Car Smell
    I think it's not because of samples but because raceroom supports effects like reverb.
  • davidjgurneydavidjgurney Member, Codemasters Wheel Nut
    @rezil quite possibly.

We overhauled the reverb system in 2017, so our reverb is from real-world locations. Have you seen the Codies blog post about the audio?
    Audio Designer - F1
    edited June 18
    rezil said:
    https://www.blog.codemasters.com/f1/06/saturday-spotlight-sounding-out-f1-2017s-audio/

Now we as customers can only wait for the final product!
  • FlybyFlyby Member Unleaded
    @rezil quite possibly.

We overhauled the reverb system in 2017, so our reverb is from real-world locations. Have you seen the Codies blog post about the audio?
    Will real track side samples be used for replays in 2017?
  • FOneFanaticFOneFanatic Member, Drivers Team Principal
    Is this a new Xbox One game?                                                                                              
    If his unpleasant wounding, has in someway enlightened the rest of us, as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life, and has inspired us all to change our ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory!

"Gone in 60 Seconds"
    Is this a new Xbox One game?                                                                                              
    PC only so far.... o.O
  • coolieboycoolieboy Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    I really hope the sounds are much improved from last year. I would really like to put my home theatre system to use.