Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

What about cockpit view?

I have seen the footage from E3 and I noticed  the cockpitview looks weird.
Proportions look wrong and the viewis too low.  F1 2016 was much better in my opinion.

If the final cockpit view is looking like this I am not sure if I should buy this one. 

Comments

• Turn1SeagullTurn1Seagull Member Unleaded
    Have you forgot that you can change the cockpit view to your own liking in the settings?
  • inspiretheworldinspiretheworld Member Race Steward
    The defaults settings are never going to be like real life. Like Seagull says, it can be adjusted to your liking. 
    PS4 - inspiretheworld
    Steam - beans_on_toast
  • LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Unleaded
    edited June 16
    The defaults settings are never going to be like real life. Like Seagull says, it can be adjusted to your liking. 
    Bull - F(iretr)ucking - Shi(y)t, Codemasters should give us the real life camera angles as default instead of this weird looking abomination of interpretation, anyone who wants to have a higher FOV / higher angle etc. would be able to swap settings afterwards anyways wouldn't they?!

Also many people have desperately tried to get the 2016 camera settings as close as possible, me included, but Codemaster did make a change in one of their patches so that this became a impossible task, pissing off the whole lot of fans who simply wanted to have a replica to the real deal.

So yeah, enabling their strange and questionable decisions made in the past by passively accepting isn't going to solve anything, especially as hobby modders are easily able to get these official cam and HUD settings done in a matter of hours yet Codies can't......?!
    Post edited by LilBrown47 on
    You can set the view up to be very similar to real life, which is good. 
    PS4 - inspiretheworld
    Steam - beans_on_toast
  • Turn1SeagullTurn1Seagull Member Unleaded
    Bull - F(iretr)ucking - Shi(y)t, Codemasters should give us the real life camera angles as default instead of this weird looking abomination of interpretation, anyone who wants to have a higher FOV / higher angle etc. would be able to swap settings afterwards anyways wouldn't they?!

Also many people have desperately tried to get the 2016 camera settings as close as possible, me included, but Codemaster did make a change in one of their patches so that this became a impossible task, pissing off the whole lot of fans who simply wanted to have a replica to the real deal.

So yeah, enabling their strange and questionable decisions made in the past by passively accepting isn't going to solve anything, especially as hobby modders are easily able to get these official cam and HUD settings done in a matter of hours yet Codies can't......?!
    You are just lazy, you could probably find a discussion on this forum where someone gives good realistic settings, I know people have done that for the t-cam.
    edited June 16

You are just lazy, you could probably find a discussion on this forum where someone gives good realistic settings, I know people have done that for the t-cam.
    Mate i uploaded a video on YouTube about the "Real Life Onboard T-Cam Settings" around Monza and have been playing with the sliders for several weeks to try to get it right, before the 3rd or 4th patch i was able to replicate the real life cam angle, but after the patch hit the ground it was impossible to achieve again as Codies decreased all values of the sliders.

So please don't call me lazy when i even went through all this struggle to get it close to the real deal and when i even bothered to state this discrepancy in my previous post as well....

-------------------

Here's the link to the video:

Post edited by LilBrown47 on
  • xtmlxtml Member Unleaded
    And the nose of the Redbull is smooth in reality. Now looks like the rebull from 2010.

So totally wrong!
  • JoeyGTX650JoeyGTX650 Member Unleaded
    xtml said:
    And the nose of the Redbull is smooth in reality. Now looks like the rebull from 2010.

So totally wrong!
    wait what? thats a joke right?
    Cannot wait for F1 2017
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Petrol Head

most players wouldn't use a realistic FOV and angle even if they did. It would be much much to low in the car for most of you. As far as positioning, Most of you would complain you don't see enough  because all you would be seeing is the upper half of the steering wheel and just the very edge of the inside of you front wheels. You would need to turn your head to see the mirrors and not many of you would play that way. Also there is no realistic replay cam because they are slightly different on every car as we see during the real races.
    Xbox one, controller
    kevinkirk said:

most players wouldn't use a realistic FOV and angle even if they did. It would be much much to low in the car for most of you. As far as positioning, Most of you would complain you don't see enough  because all you would be seeing is the upper half of the steering wheel and just the very edge of the inside of you front wheels. You would need to turn your head to see the mirrors and not many of you would play that way. Also there is no realistic replay cam because they are slightly different on every car as we see during the real races.
    Mate this is exactly why i stated that the official cam settings used by FOM, the ones seen on TV / Pole Laps / Onboard T-Cam, should be the default and that people who want to alter their cam angles to get higher FOVs etc. could do it anyways through the cam settings sliders in the option menu, but as already mentioned in my previous post Codies made it impossible to replicate the original cam angles after the 3rd or 4th patch in F1 2016 as they lowered the sliders values unfortunately.

Also i did not say that these sliders of customization should get dropped, no the opposite is the case here....
    edited June 17
    I agree with you. I use to play with a higher settings in cockpit, but then I wanted more of a challenge, so now have it really low in the car. 
    PS4 - inspiretheworld
    Steam - beans_on_toast
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Petrol Head
    edited June 18
    kevinkirk said:

Mate this is exactly why i stated that the official cam settings used by FOM, the ones seen on TV / Pole Laps / Onboard T-Cam, should be the default and that people who want to alter their cam angles to get higher FOVs etc. could do it anyways through the cam settings sliders in the option menu, but as already mentioned in my previous post Codies made it impossible to replicate the original cam angles after the 3rd or 4th patch in F1 2016 as they lowered the sliders values unfortunately.

Also i did not say that these sliders of customization should get dropped, no the opposite is the case here....
    sorry i thought you were talking about the driving cam, cockpit view. Didnt realize you were talking about driving in the onboard cam. Even then those cameras are slightly different on every car just by being mounted or angled slightly different. There is no default replay cam that fits all the cars. For example, redbull,Force India, and kimis onboard cam has 3 different angles and those angles are indeed slightly different even from race to race on the same car. Sometimes you can notice a slight change from the beginning on the race to the end of the race on the same car from the forces they see during that race. 
    Xbox one, controller
  • JP072JP072 Member Race Steward
    edited June 18
    If you make a realistic cockpit cam setting, for most people it willnt be possible to make 1 corner right. It's extremely difficult cause you really see very little.
    iam laying in front of my 55 inch tv and you must change the camera so that the in wheel game is the same size as my own wheel. It will let you show much more speed, it will make you dizzy after some laps;)
    this will show you also that driving a really fast car on track need alien reflexes if you have the view right.
    kevinkirk said:
    kevinkirk said:

sorry i thought you were talking about the driving cam, cockpit view. Didnt realize you were talking about driving in the onboard cam. Even then those cameras are slightly different on every car just by being mounted or angled slightly different. There is no default replay cam that fits all the cars. For example, redbull,Force India, and kimis onboard cam has 3 different angles and those angles are indeed slightly different even from race to race on the same car. Sometimes you can notice a slight change from the beginning on the race to the end of the race on the same car from the forces they see during that race. 

--------------------

Yes, the cars have different angles seen on TV onboard footages, but those are still "deafult" camera anhles for each respective team and look the same throughout the year.

Here's the deal, if some random hobby modders, me included, can achieve the actual camera angles ourselves in a matter of a couple of hours of coding, how come "Codemasters" wouldn't be able to do this little task themselves for each individual car?

It's the "officially licenced" game as well....
  • thombrouwer90thombrouwer90 Member Pit Crew
    xtml said:
    I have seen the footage from E3 and I noticed  the cockpitview looks weird.
    Proportions look wrong and the viewis too low.  F1 2016 was much better in my opinion.

If the final cockpit view is looking like this I am not sure if I should buy this one. 

Remember that you can adjust every view to your own liking which was first implemented in F1 2016. So no big deal, you can improve it to your liking. :)
    • Steering wheelThrustmaster T150 Wheel (Ferrari edition)
    • SeatingPlaySeat Revolution (Black edition)
    • Attended race weekends: Abu Dhabi 2016 GP / Hungary 2017 GP