Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Broken RB Button

So my RB button just broke on my Xbox One Controller. This means that I am unable to change my view, and to go to my setups when in the pit. I can work around the view, thats a button you can edit in the control scheme menu, however I cannot find a way to change the LB and RB button function that navigates you through the menu when you're in the garage. If you want to edit the control scheme it only lets you edit the buttons that are used when you're racing. Fortunately for me, when you pause the game the LB button can also be used to toggle backwards (to get to the end session part) however when in the garage this is not possible, it seems like you NEED the RB button to toggle to the setups.

So my question is; is there any way to chance the button layout for in the garage, or am I f*cked because my RB button is not working anymore?

(I posted this also in the technical assistance, but no one has viewed it since so I might as well try it here lol.)

Comments

• LilBrown47LilBrown47 Member Pit Crew
    So my RB button just broke on my Xbox One Controller. This means that I am unable to change my view, and to go to my setups when in the pit. I can work around the view, thats a button you can edit in the control scheme menu, however I cannot find a way to change the LB and RB button function that navigates you through the menu when you're in the garage. If you want to edit the control scheme it only lets you edit the buttons that are used when you're racing. Fortunately for me, when you pause the game the LB button can also be used to toggle backwards (to get to the end session part) however when in the garage this is not possible, it seems like you NEED the RB button to toggle to the setups.

So my question is; is there any way to chance the button layout for in the garage, or am I f*cked because my RB button is not working anymore?

(I posted this also in the technical assistance, but no one has viewed it since so I might as well try it here lol.)
    I agree full customization should be a default, but this seems to be more a problem of your liquidity right now, are you still a student?

If so try to do some part time jobs, earn yourself some nice big stacks of "pocket money" and you'll be independent enabling yourself to buy or do whatever you want, i.e. buying a new pad etc.

Anyways have a good one mate! :)
  • Mitchell7xMitchell7x Member Unleaded

I agree full customization should be a default, but this seems to be more a problem of your liquidity right now, are you still a student?

If so try to do some part time jobs, earn yourself some nice big stacks of "pocket money" and you'll be independent enabling yourself to buy or do whatever you want, i.e. buying a new pad etc.

Anyways have a good one mate! :)
    Still a student, but money isn't the problem at all thanks dad. It's just frustrating that I have to go and get another pad just because the RB button isn't working anymore so was wondering if there were ways around it. 
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    You dont HAVE to get a new pad, look on ebay for replacement LB/RB pack. I have to replace mine twice a year on the elite pad as I break LB a lot playing GEARS OF WAR
     If it's a new style pad with the 3.5mm jack then the replacements can be had for 2 pounds sterling or 3 dollars
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.
  • Mitchell7xMitchell7x Member Unleaded
    FRACTURED said:
    You dont HAVE to get a new pad, look on ebay for replacement LB/RB pack. I have to replace mine twice a year on the elite pad as I break LB a lot playing GEARS OF WAR
     If it's a new style pad with the 3.5mm jack then the replacements can be had for 2 pounds sterling or 3 dollars
    Thanks for the advice! A friend of mine actually gave me a very good solution (very simple too if you think about it) I assigned clicking the left joystick as the RB button, since you don't use clicking the left joystick playing F1. I don't do a lot of other games lately so it's an ideal fix for me :)