Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT 4 Crashing. PLEASE HELP!

CollinSchwartzCollinSchwartz Member New Car Smell
SCROLL DOWN FOR MY UPDATES Hello, I own a freshly installed copy of DiRT 4 on the latest update, and I've been having a lot of issues. The game is unplayable for me. On a new save, it will work fine, I play the tutorial stage, but then at the end of the stage when it starts loading the next thing, it crashes to the desktop. When I re-open the game, it starts to load, and about a second or two after the "connecting to race net" box disappears, the game crashes. It happens every time. I have tried everything, I ran it as an administrator, I ran it in compatibility mode for windows 7, I launched steam in offline mode, I verified the game cache, I disabled steam cloud saving, I updated windows, steam, and my graphics drivers. After doing all that I decided to see if it was a problem with my save. I asked a friend if I could try his save file on my pc and it worked fine at first. I was able to get to the main menu and browse the main menu, change settings and everything, but it would still crash when I tried to load an event. My PC hardware well exceeds the minimum requirements, and are a little below the recommended requirements. I have a quad core intel i5 overclocked at 4.5ghz, a gtx 760 2gb, 12gb ram, and over 100gb free space. SCROLL DOWN FOR MY UPDATES
Post edited by CollinSchwartz on
Tagged:

Comments

• versediversedi Member Champion
    Try to bring your CPU to default clock, see if issue persists.
  • DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    Does that event by any chance have rain in it? Or does that happen to any event?
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport
  • CollinSchwartzCollinSchwartz Member New Car Smell
    Didzis said:
    Does that event by any chance have rain in it? Or does that happen to any event?
    It crashes while loading any event. I tried turning the graphics down to the minimum for everything, but no change. And like I said, on a new save it crashes while loading the second event after the tutorial stage, then once I try to re open it, it crashes either while loading the save, or while loading the main menu. Im not sure which
    versedi said:
    Try to bring your CPU to default clock, see if issue persists.
    I tried and im still having the same issue
    edited June 19
    UPDATE: Im not sure what happened or what changed but suddenly im able to load all events besides joyride. After the tutorial stage in fitzroy, where is the second stage? If its at the same place that Joyride is, then maybe that place is the only one crashing now
    UPDATE 2: All stages do NOT work now, most of them work, but some stages such as powly wales crashes when i select it. Also, some rally stages just load and load and load forever and never finish. I even moved my game to my SSD for way faster loading and after 10 minutes of loading a stage it never loaded
    UPDATE 3: I am unable to play sweden either. When I go into free play, add event, the click sweden, as soon as the track maker screen pops up, it crashes. Same thing happens with wales. I am able to play australia and spain with no problems.
    Post edited by CollinSchwartz on
    106 views but only 2 people bothered to help....thanks everyone (sarcasm)
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    edited June 23
    Probably because no one knows how to help?
    Do you want me to give you blind tips that you'll only lose time with?

Then try this:

Remove game completely.
    Remove saves.

Install it.

versedi said:
    Probably because no one knows how to help?
    Do you want me to give you blind tips that you'll only lose time with?

Then try this:

Remove game completely.
    Remove saves.

Install it.

Chill dude its only a joke (thats why i said sarcasm)