Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DIRT 4 rubbish compared to DIRT RALLY

13»

Comments

• RMKIP455RMKIP455 Member Unleaded
    battfinkz said:
    I love the fact they're totally different. They're both tremendous games and i feel quite privileged to have two very good titles to swap between, we didnt have a single decent rally title on this gen of console untill SLRE came out so it was a long wait 
    Good Point!  If they can improve the tiles in Your Stage.... That would be fantastic.  I don't think they will.  

I like both games... But I also like  Landrush (need more fiction tracks... And more RX track locations.  Maybe DLC!

I have both, enjoy both and that's fine!
  • sennsenn Member Unleaded
    edited June 2017
    I must admit dirt rally handles so much better on my ffb wheel ,dirt 4 I really can't feel a lot ,I've tried changing ffb settings but I have never got any reply from codemasters why this is, I wish I could take disc for dirt 4 back and get a refund, most of my friends said dirt 4 handles brilliant ,well sadly I disagree ,I can't feel going over any huge bumps in dirt 4 , I would like to know if codemasters could help me and a lot of other sim racers as to why dirt 4 feels numb but yet dirt rally feels perfect, am I missing something here, if I could have tested dirt 4 for an hour try before u buy it would have stopped me from buying this game , sadly ffb wheel feel is rubbish and one little update can change this on dirt4 ,any one wants to buy my copy of dirt rally .
  • Martinio32Martinio32 Member New Car Smell
    Exactly... in Dirt Rally everything was better there you had a feel of power of the car especially on the U turns, car balance weight and accelerations, good technically stages with fantastic balance here I think is a lot to do or just this game is only for gamers who like arcade and I think Codemaster in this point go for a maximum quantity sell because it's a lot of the gamers who don't like sim, then the sim fans looks like a second category in this time by the Codemasters and I Don't care about high notes for this game by the IGN for example... the situation looks very simple if I have to play non sim product from Codemasters with not too many lands in Rally, RX, some of the land rush I Don't know actually why this have a place in this game different category then I would be wait for WRC 7 with full FIA license a lot of the lands and new machines or Project Cars 2 where RX will give a real sim kick. 
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Champion
    senn said:
    I must admit dirt rally handles so much better on my ffb wheel ,dirt 4 I really can't feel a lot ,I've tried changing ffb settings but I have never got any reply from codemasters why this is, I wish I could take disc for dirt 4 back and get a refund, most of my friends said dirt 4 handles brilliant ,well sadly I disagree ,I can't feel going over any huge bumps in dirt 4 , I would like to know if codemasters could help me and a lot of other sim racers as to why dirt 4 feels numb but yet dirt rally feels perfect, am I missing something here, if I could have tested dirt 4 for an hour try before u buy it would have stopped me from buying this game , sadly ffb wheel feel is rubbish and one little update can change this on dirt4 ,any one wants to buy my copy of dirt rally .
    I have the opposite, the FFB is much more direct than it ever was in DR. It used to be quite spongey but it is faster in D4 and definitely better. I'm using a G25, if you want help you need to tell people what wheel you're using.
  • madwakmadwak Member Wheel Nut
    senn said:
    I have the opposite, the FFB is much more direct than it ever was in DR. It used to be quite spongey but it is faster in D4 and definitely better. I'm using a G25, if you want help you need to tell people what wheel you're using.
    I'll take a wild flying guess and say he's maybe on a T300 :smile:
  • battfinkzbattfinkz Member Wheel Nut
    Same here Phil, Dirt 4's feedback is far superior to drally, it still suprises me when a rut full of water pulls my wheel to the side when it bogs the wheel down.

I cannot understand how anyone thinks drally has more detailed ffb, unless of course they're on ps4 and are suffering from the thrustmaster ffb issue
  • spothedogspothedog Member Unleaded
    The first time I hit the water in D4 I came in to fast and a little sideways, I didn't expect it to pull as hard as it did, as a result I crashed hard. I could feel the back of the car come up and  hydroplane thru the water and spin even more from the force of hitting the wall of water, it was pretty cool. 
    Xbox GT RECAR DEEP5 
    Xbox one Thrustmaster TX, T3PA-PRO & TH8A on a homemade wooden frame
  • Martinio32Martinio32 Member New Car Smell
    One very clear say... Dirt 4 it's a game for small kids who hate real good SIM rally game like Dirt Rally, RBR, Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo. This is not about the graphics it's all about the pure rallying and feeling the car on the real edge.
    K.O. fotr arcade maniacs with no any idea how to play SIM and probably without car driving experience
  • MrDeapMrDeap Member Pit Crew
    Simulation is about feeling of weight & feel more planted to the road. It's all about driving with the brake or brake mid corner. Every sim racer know that.

Real driving method shared on youtube is a god send as they work effectively at 0%, so sim racers as an edge. :)

Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K 4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|Gigabytes 980Ti G1 6GB|14TB storage|X-Fi Titanium HD|SuperNOVA 1300 G2|Corsair 800D
  • PinowrcPinowrc Member Unleaded
    edited September 2017
    So disappointed by this game, and by Codies. People have been asking  to fix the many bugs, and to add some more Rally-content, and so far, nothing happened. Never again, I will buy a game from Codies on first release day...
    Post edited by Pinowrc on
  • DrummDawggDrummDawgg Member New Car Smell
    Man... Back in the day, we used to stay up all night with the same people in a lobby playing Dirt 2 and I really miss the feel of the way that Dirt 2 was set up going from track to track with buggies, trucks, rally cars etc. It may have not been as "real life" feeling but it was fun and I know that I am not alone thinking that. I mean I just wish that codemasters would come out with something updated but with a similar style to dirt 2. I guess im not into trying to imagine im really sitting in a car in the alps, i just want something fun as hell and dirt 2 was!!!
  • draken6draken6 Member New Car Smell
    I prefer DiRT 4 over DiRT Rally, not because of the rally but because the rallycross was alot better.
  • Fiore1213Fiore1213 Member Unleaded
    It's a matter of personal preference I guess.Dirt 4 isn't in my favourite games list, but it is a a very decent rally game.
  • FizzlenogFizzlenog Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2018
      Not sure where this better feedback in dirt 4 is coming from? Now I don't know what it feels like with one of those plastic wheels but on the fanatec it feels dead and weak. I have force feedback maxed out on game and wheel it it feels terrible, but on dirt rally I have it set to both 40% on game and wheel and it feels very alive and accurate. The RX is better on dirt 4 but that's it. I fell asleep last time I played dirt 4 hoping there was an update, but the worst part is dirt rally has an issue on starting the race with my handbrake so the game is basically unplayable atm; that was the reason I tried dirt 4 again.
      I understand the issues with the physics in dirt rally but the issues in dirt 4 makes that game boring to say the least. It's not very fun when most of the cars handle like an FWD car. The unlimited stages aren't too bad but the handling kills the potential fun to be had. Honestly I think it could be fixed since they understand there is an issue but it's far too long over due.
  • DarhourDarhour Member Co-Driver
    they may not be comparable in many aspects, but DiRT 4 was meant for pure fun.
  • GerbieGerbie Member Unleaded
    Not saying i hate Dirt 4, but i cant say that i actually enjoy playing the game, hence why i barely have put any time in it opposed to Dirt Rally and for most the older Dirt games.

To me the stage creator is just a huge sour spot and kills the game for the biggest part.
    I hoped for something fun and well done before buyig the game, but the stages are bland and empty, nothing life like.
    Trully wish to see IF they intend on making a new rally title, they'd go back to making the stages and ditch the stage creator.
    Ride Hard, Or Go Home - If In Doubt.... Flat Out!
13»