Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT 4 Setup Sharing Thread

PJTierneyPJTierney Member Wheel Nut
(There's no setup subforum and a search brought up no appropriate threads, so here goes.)

When DiRT Rally was released I made a setup sharing thread, which you can find here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/40847/dirt-rally-setup-sharing-thread/p1

As DiRT 4 doesn't have any in-game setup sharing options I figured another thread would be useful.

In most racing games, having the right setup can be crucial to getting the fastest stage times. This is a thread where we can share our setups and give tips to others.

If you're a Steam user you could download setups from the Steam Workshop in DiRT Rally, but I haven't found anythign similar for DiRT 4.

If you're on Xbox or PlayStation 4 however you'll have to rely on people posting screenshots, as those versions definitely don't have a way of distributing setups in-game.

Some extra link(s):
PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

F1 2017: 100% Complete
F1 2016:
 100% Complete
F1 2011:
 100% Complete
F1 2010:
 100% Complete
F1 Race Stars: 
100% Complete
DiRT 4: 100% Complete
DiRT Rally: 100% Complete

Xbox One, Controller, No Assists, Bumper Camera (DiRT) / T-Cam (F1)

Comments

• RaptorunitRaptorunit Member New Car Smell
    Does anyone have any setups for PlayStation players ?
  • BEASTLY100BEASTLY100 Member New Car Smell
    edited July 18
    Here is an updated gravel setup for the 2001 Subaru Impreza: 
    Post edited by BEASTLY100 on
  • DefytheMachineDefytheMachine Member New Car Smell
    Thought I had seen an option to share tunes but cannot find it anywhere now ...
    Beastly appreciate the set-up.
    It be great if there was a share set up on the game but unfortunately there isn't well on PlayStation anyway.
    Hopefully people will start to share their setups for players such as myself who aren't good at that part of the game.
    Beastly appreciate the set-up.
    It be great if there was a share set up on the game but unfortunately there isn't well on PlayStation anyway.
    Hopefully people will start to share their setups for players such as myself who aren't good at that part of the game.
    I also have a setup for the Impreza WRX STI but, I am away from my Playstation. A share setup feature would be nice. Also, keep in mind that Codemasters could change the physics of the game which could affect setups made on previous patches.
  • spothedogspothedog Member Unleaded
    You should have a share option, there's one on Xbox. After you save a tune you press X (on Xbox) and there should be a option to share. 
    Xbox GT RECAR DEEP5 
    Xbox one Thrustmaster TX, T3PA-PRO & TH8A on a homemade wooden frame
    Is the share option to share to other players? I have to have a look maybe I just missed it if so my bad.
    Spothedog is right. There is a share option in the save setup menu for both ps4 and Xbox. Not sure why it is so hidden.
     Here is a setup for the Subaru Impreza WRX STI: 
  • LOSTVENGENCE96LOSTVENGENCE96 Member Unleaded
    People posting one screen shot of a set up doesn't help. There's more then one area to tweak.. 
  • DefytheMachineDefytheMachine Member New Car Smell
    edited June 27
    People posting one screen shot of a set up doesn't help. There's more then one area to tweak.. 
    You are correct but these are videos which if played show all available settings as far as I can see. The only possible problem is if your engineering team aren't of high enough rating to allow changes to be made?
  • LOSTVENGENCE96LOSTVENGENCE96 Member Unleaded
    You are correct but these are videos which if played show all available settings as far as I can see. The only possible problem is if your engineering team aren't of high enough rating to allow changes to be made?
    Ah. I'm on mobile. They just look likes screen shots...
    So how does the share option work? Do you need to be friends with the player who has the tune to share?
  • CMMcBabeCMMcBabe Member, Codemasters Co-Driver
    So how does the share option work? Do you need to be friends with the player who has the tune to share?
    You can share with people on your platform friends list.  You create the setup and then send it to the users who you want to receive it.
  • cjl9cjl9 Member Pit Crew
    edited June 27
    @CMMcBabe How about putting a Workshop in Steam...just like DiRT Rally?
    Post edited by cjl9 on
    CMMcBabe said:
    You can share with people on your platform friends list.  You create the setup and then send it to the users who you want to receive it.
    Ok thanks for the information much appreciated 
  • PJTierneyPJTierney Member Wheel Nut
    I remember using this for DiRT Rally, copying it over here incase it's still useful: https://pretendracecars.net/2015/05/20/youll-want-this-dirt-rally-lancia-delta-s4-setup/

PJ Tierney | Web | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

F1 2017: 100% Complete
    F1 2016:
     100% Complete
    F1 2011:
     100% Complete
    F1 2010:
     100% Complete
    F1 Race Stars: 
    100% Complete
    DiRT 4: 100% Complete
    DiRT Rally: 100% Complete

Xbox One, Controller, No Assists, Bumper Camera (DiRT) / T-Cam (F1)

• gloomgloom Member New Car Smell
    edited June 28
    Thanks for sharing, I need to learn to do setups myself. This made a big difference for me and improved my times plus made it alot more fun to drive. I'm pretty average but managed to make the top 800 in one of the career courses which is good for me. I made a few mistakes and could've pushed harder but it's a good start! 

Edit: just made the top 500 on the next course, getting better! Only 18 seconds off the top time. 

Here is a setup for the Subaru Impreza WRX STI: 

Mitsubishi  Lancer Evolution VI Setup (Gravel): 
    Here is a setup for the Peugeot 306 Maxi (Gravel):