Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DEVS please Read - TH8A Shifter as Handbrake in Dirt4

Hello 

It is not possible to assign my TH8A Shifter as Handbrake when I set it to analog mode. 
It was possible in Dirt Rally. 

Please fix that!!!!!! 

Thank you 

Comments

• versediversedi Member Champion
    Did you tried that?

The speed was okay, but the corner was too tight.
  • TheRealFoxTheRealFox Member New Car Smell
    versedi said:
    Did you tried that?

Thank you. 
    Since I use only one Shifter plugged directly in the TX base and the base into my Xbox. I am not sure if I can make the workaround work. 
    I will try though when I get home. 

I also have the Shifter set to analog in the shifter set up on my pc. The other options are H Shifter or Sequential. 
    But with set to analog I can apply different forces to the Handbrake, from 1% to 100%

edited June 22
    The XB1 (or Dirt 4) does not recognize the Shifter when you plug it in via USB. 
    I went back to H Shifter, blocked 3rd Gear, mapped the Handbrake on 4th Gear and used a Rubber band to pull it back to neutral. 

It is ok, but I wish I could use the Analog function of the TH8A.
  • SoCaLLbeerSoCaLLbeer Member New Car Smell
    It is actually really weird how it works in Dirt 4 vs Dirt Rally on the consoles..   

In Dirt Rally you just wired up your TH8A via USB and put it in sequential mode and mapped it as a handbrake. 

Now.. in dirt 4,  when the TH8A is connected via USB to the console.. the game wants you to select the device (it really is not intuitive) so select your TH8A device then go to its mappings, then you can map it to handbrake. 

Not sure why they decided to go this route.. also you can double map inputs so be careful. Not sure why they don't auto clear.. it really is a strange design choice for input mapping. 

Not sure why they decided to go this route.. also you can double map inputs so be careful. Not sure why they don't auto clear.. it really is a strange design choice for input mapping. 
    Because it's actually logic now.

You can use multiple devices without having to switch, so eg. I can use my keyboard handbrake on Space while using Wheel.

I don't know what you mean by autoclear.

(it really is not intuitive)

Subjective. Maybe for console players, I've seen it after first look at the menu - there are arrows that prompt you can change the device and make separate mapping.

It is no problem to see, that one can choose which device he/she wants to configure. 
    The problem is that a separate plugged in Shifter via USB is not recognized by the Xbox and/or Game. 

Therefore I mapled the 4th Gear as Handbrake and used a Rubber band to pull it back out. 

Your advice was unnecessary if you have read above said more carefully. 
    edited June 28

Sorry I didn't read 5 days old post.
    I was refering to @SoCaLLbeer, not your post, besides clearly:

Now.. in dirt 4,  when the TH8A is connected via USB to the console.. the game wants you to select the device (it really is not intuitive) so select your TH8A device then go to its mappings, then you can map it to handbrake.

I'm not a wizzard to guess he has differetn console than Xbox.
    Ask him how he did it.

I don't give a **** what post you are referring to. 
    Take your wisdom and post it somewhere else. 
    edited June 28
    It's a public forum and I'll answer any post in any discussion thread I want.

Not sure what you're getting aggressive about. You can be sure I won't try to help you now.

BTW. If he has XBox then he just confirmed it's working and simply you're unable to configure it yourself.

Wasn't even talking to you dumb ****. 
    But stop whining anyway. 
    Man up ****
    versedi said:

I was refering to @SoCaLLbeer, not your post, besides clearly:

Wasn't even talking to you dumb ****. 
    But stop whining anyway. 
    Man up ****

• SoCaLLbeerSoCaLLbeer Member New Car Smell
    edited June 28
    Well.. that went south quickly.  - The title of the thread did not mention Xbox vs PS4 so figured it was not specific for one or the other.  I am on PS4 though..  using the TH8A in sequential mode mapping shift up as the handbrake. 

Also - Analog mode of the TH8A was never supported on consoles, either Xbox or ps4.  If you ever had it working on Dirt Rally on a console then you are lucky!

I get that the double mappings can actually be useful. Never thought about having extra devices.  I am just used to games either warning you when you double map something or it clearing the old one automatically so an input is not double mapped.  I originally had look behind and wipers on the same button..

Also, I was just trying to point out that I originally had an issue getting the TH8A in sequential mode connected via USB to map for me as the handbrake on the ps4. Thought maybe someone would have run into the same confusion.