Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT 4 - version 1.04 - found a bug? Post it here!

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
Hi all,

Please see below for the patch notes for our latest update. Let us know here if you notice any issues or something you think might've slipped through the cracks! It's out now on PS4 and PC, but will be arriving to Xbox One shortly [update: this is now love on Xbox One as of 12pm BST, 27/06]

- Rain effect on the car windscreen (which is observed using the head camera) will no longer stop functioning when proceeding into a heavy rain event after completing specific weather stages.

- Grade E car parts should no longer cause a crash.

- Fixes to Flavour of the Week Trophy/Achievement 

- Incorrect rep earned in multiplayer due to an issue with host migration is now addressed.

- Leaderboard improvements when they are heavily populated or finding your own times.

- Tuning differentials now functions correctly.

- Corrected unlock conditions in the “What’s This” dialogues in Career.

- PC Only - Terminally damaging your vehicle and then changing Windows focus should no longer hang.

- PC Only – Fixed issues with resizing or de-focusing the game window.

- PC Only – R9 graphics cards crash when competing in rainy conditions is now resolved.

- PC Only – Switching from Ultra to High graphics mid-stage will no longer cause an issue with the stage shadowing.
Post edited by ChristinaMc on

Comments

• MarkdeluxEMarkdeluxE Member New Car Smell
    edited June 22
    Hello Christina. I cant adress the L2/R2 buttons since day one on my Logitech G29 (PS4 Version) as handbreak. Thats a Problem because my handbrake is wired at the R2 button. In DirtRally i can adress the L2/R2 buttons. Please fix this. Thank you. 

@ChristinaMc do you know about that Problem...? 
    Post edited by MarkdeluxE on
  • caerphotocaerphoto Member Unleaded

Can you elaborate on this? What was not functioning correctly before?
  • MarioVilasMarioVilas Member Unleaded
    Hello, Christina! Did you improve the FFB? Thanks

• versediversedi Member Champion

Do you see it in patch notes? Then guess....
  • MarioVilasMarioVilas Member Unleaded
    versedi said:

Do you see it in patch notes? Then guess....
    Yes i read the notes and there is no mention on FFB. But it's a reminder my post :)

• InfernothefoxInfernothefox Member New Car Smell
    The DiRTy Dozen trophy still looks broken to me. I can post a screenshot proving I have completed all 12 stages of a monthly event.
  • BybukasBybukas Member New Car Smell
    Up and up achievement still doesn't work.
  • ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    The DiRTy Dozen achievement will pop at the end of the monthly event, @Infernothefox :) @Bybukas we'll look into this - what platform are you on?
  • jad02f1990jad02f1990 Member New Car Smell
    Thanks for the update, the only issues I have is when I go on pro tour my PS4 crashes. Going to rebuild the database today hopefully that will fix it 
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    edited June 22
    Saloio said:
    Nice update , thanks for nothing, still can't play it, cause theres no update for thrustmaster t500rs ps4, i bought this game on day one for nothing , do you have any ideia how much is a game here in Portugal?, its expensive, so, when you buy a game on they one (at that price), you must know it and like it very much, otherwise you wait for the price to drop, thats why im very hungry about this...!!!
    You can play by working around it:
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/271372/#Comment_271372

• SkyRexSkyRex Member Co-Driver
    Saloio said:
    Nice update , thanks for nothing, still can't play it, cause theres no update for thrustmaster t500rs ps4, i bought this game on day one for nothing , do you have any ideia how much is a game here in Portugal?, its expensive, so, when you buy a game on they one (at that price), you must know it and like it very much, otherwise you wait for the price to drop, thats why im very hungry about this...!!!
    This is on you, pal. It's not a bug, it was never included in the first place. PS4 doesn't support some wheels if not specifically programmed for. And DiRT 4 supported wheels list got online way before launch: http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt-4/05/dirt-4-faq/

You see no T500 for PS4. I'm not saying it is a good thing it's missing and sure it certainly could be there if theay would invest the time.
    But I'm saying: You did know from the start (At least you could've and should've researched for that info), that DiRT 4 on PS4 would not work with your wheel.

I would suggest to you: Consider selling your T500 base and get a used T300 base, you can even use the T500 Rim on it. Or get a new T300RS. Or DiRT 4 for PC. Or continue waiting for the T500 Update, which could come sure, but CM has no obligation to do it, since they never claimed that'd be included anyway.

• GelucoGeluco Member New Car Smell
    Please, change the 208 R5 sound is disgusting. It sounds like the Fiesta R5.
  • SaloioSaloio Member New Car Smell
    edited June 22
    No problem at all, for me it's done, from now on i buy games when the price is low, and if don't support t500rs i don't buy at all
  • MattiaCasa85MattiaCasa85 Member New Car Smell
    Fog patches issue should be solved asap. It really seem to work once per game startup, then it just changes to such an heavy uniform fog that makes it impossible to drive especially on fast stages. I'd like to suggest another shot at the Founders invitational for those qho preordered but couldn't play during the launch week. Thanks!
  • ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    Fog patches issue should be solved asap. It really seem to work once per game startup, then it just changes to such an heavy uniform fog that makes it impossible to drive especially on fast stages. I'd like to suggest another shot at the Founders invitational for those qho preordered but couldn't play during the launch week. Thanks!
    On the Founders Invitational - while we can't make any promises, it's definitely an idea that's been floated. :)
  • WeamDreaverWeamDreaver Member Wheel Nut
    caerphoto said:

Can you elaborate on this? What was not functioning correctly before?
    Yes please.
  • MattiaCasa85MattiaCasa85 Member New Car Smell
    On the Founders Invitational - while we can't make any promises, it's definitely an idea that's been floated. :)ChristinaMc said:
    On the Founders Invitational - while we can't make any promises, it's definitely an idea that's been floated. :)
    That would be great, not only to win that amazing Hyundai livery, but also to make us founders feel a little special! It should happen like once a month, to encourage competition and friendship among founders and to give a meaning to the shield beside our name!
  • BybukasBybukas Member New Car Smell
    The DiRTy Dozen achievement will pop at the end of the monthly event, @Infernothefox :) @Bybukas we'll look into this - what platform are you on?
    Steam