Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT 4 - version 1.04 - found a bug? Post it here!

Comments

• WeamDreaverWeamDreaver Member Pit Crew
    edited June 2017
    Possible Bugs on PC.
    Fearless difficulty-level. Simulation Mode, No Assists.
    Used cars: RX Lights, DS3 Supercar, Seat Ibiza Supercar, Renault Clio, Opel Corsa.
    "Game modes": FreePlay, Carreer-mode (the Rallycross "License"/part-events, didn't try Triple Crown event-Rallycross yet.)

AI not cleaning (and repairing?) their cars during Rallycross (& Landrush?) events
    In Rallycross (and Landrush as well, I guess), the AI doesn't seem to clean and/or repair their cars between heats/finals - at least the chassis parts.

In RX (Free Play on Hell Full circuit) I had an AI lose its rear lid in Semi-Final and it started the Final with the car in the exact same condition (no rear lid, quite "beaten up" car).
    In general, the AI doesn't seem to clean it's cars (not a big deal I guess), but as I said, also carriers around (visual?) damage from earlier heats/finals throughout an event.

As I have said elsewhere in this forum, the RX AI does not only not clean their cars, the dirt accumulation multiplier is also off, especially in Montalegre. For example, the RS Lights are fully covered with sand after just 4 laps. Even if I don't clean my car between the race, I still end up only half as dirty as they do.
    It looks pretty unreal and makes watching replays a lot less enjoyable.
  • ewfegageewfegage Member New Car Smell
    It's still UNBELIEVABLE that you didn't fix the issue that people with CPUs with 16 cores and more can't even launch Dirt 4. An issue that has been around since Dirt 3. Dirt 4 just doesn't launch with 16 CPU cores or more. Isn't that a big issue worth addressing? See also: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/52994/dirt-4-xeon-cpu-22-22
  • JonataJonata Member New Car Smell
    PLEASE FIX "UP and UP" Trophy!!!!

For a week I'm trying to be promoted and when I get it, the trophy DOES NOT APPEAR!
     The points system is unfair and it becomes increasingly difficult to be promoted.

Please check this out.
    Im playing on PS4.
  • RookieOneRookieOne Member Pit Crew
    Small graphical bug there : the Focus R5 Hood/bonnet is too high in cockpit view, evident by the lower right left corner where you can see the road under the bonnet

• LatvallaLatvalla Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2017
    On PC Win10 64bits - Realtek ALC887 @ Intel Wildcat Point PCH : the cokpit sounds become low when I hit something on the track with the car (cones, car parts, 3d stars in Academy challenges, fences, puddles sometimes, etc.) and they come back to their normal level in about 20s.  
  • MarkdeluxEMarkdeluxE Member New Car Smell
    Have nobody problems with the L2/R2 buttons on Logitech G29 wheel (PS4) to adress them...? 

• Fred772Fred772 Member New Car Smell
    Hi! I played Dirt 4 (PC steam version) before patch and all good but after patch this game not set wheel rotation on my Logitech G27 automaticaly even if I run the game as administrator. So i have now on G27 90° and in-game 45° and etc. So only way is set rotation manualy in profiler and that is very annoying (every change of car means restart game and setting profiler). Integrity check not solve problem. Any suggestion?
  • SkyRexSkyRex Member Petrol Head
    RookieOne said:
    Small graphical bug there : the Focus R5 Hood/bonnet is too high in cockpit view, evident by the lower right left corner where you can see the road under the bonnet

Damn it... you'd think people interested in car games would at least recognizet the difference between a Focus and a Fiesta...
    Anyway, the bonnet is that high on the real car too, and there is indeed an opening in the bonnent there.  Only thing you could complain is maybe, that no mesh is visible in the vent, which is visible from outside. Other than that, that Fiesta is correct:

• ewfegageewfegage Member New Car Smell
    Could please more people with high-core CPUs post here that Codemasters gets our attention? I have a Dual Xeon system (Xeon 2697 v4), the CPUs alone are like over €5,000. I don't want to limit the numbers of cores via msconfig because if the CPUs **** up because of this, does Codemasters pay the damages? I don't think so. So just fix the High-core-CPU issue, Codemasters, God damn it. Has been arond since Dirt 3. People with high core CPUs can't launch this game. So also don't buy AMD Threadripper with 16 cores because Dirt 4 won't run. Because so far, I feel ignored: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/274405#Comment_274405
  • chukonuchukonu Member Wheel Nut
    The Delta S4 in rallycross has in its description that it's turbocharged but not that its also supercharged unlike the rally version
  • Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Pit Crew
    Opel Manta in manual mode driving through under throttle in Wales and pressing handbrake button ,the engine revs up as if it's a clutch button "...........off throttle the handbrake buttons function returns to normal
  • Kenny1962Kenny1962 Member New Car Smell
    Is it possible to make the turbo on the Subaru 2001 sound louder as I can hardly hear it. Watched videos 
    of the real car and you can hear the turbo chattering. Many thanks.
  • HellrazorHellrazor Member New Car Smell
    ewfegage said:
    It's still UNBELIEVABLE that you didn't fix the issue that people with CPUs with 16 cores and more can't even launch Dirt 4. An issue that has been around since Dirt 3. Dirt 4 just doesn't launch with 16 CPU cores or more. Isn't that a big issue worth addressing? See also: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/52994/dirt-4-xeon-cpu-22-22
    I can't believe this topic isn't getting more attention. It's like Codemasters is purposefully ignoring this issue. This game won't even run on threadripper or I9s. I wonder how that's going to look in the gaming press?
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    my graphics for some reason want to keep changing from 1920 x1080 to 4k.even if i apply the settings.
  • RookieOneRookieOne Member Pit Crew
    SkyRex said:Damn it... you'd think people interested in car games would at least recognizet the difference between a Focus and a Fiesta...
    Anyway, the bonnet is that high on the real car too, and there is indeed an opening in the bonnent there.  Only thing you could complain is maybe, that no mesh is visible in the vent, which is visible from outside. Other than that, that Fiesta is correct:

Screw me for posting this while I was in a semi awake state, then going off to sleep immediately
  • gadgit7gadgit7 Member New Car Smell
    SkyRex said:
    Saloio said:
    Nice update , thanks for nothing, still can't play it, cause theres no update for thrustmaster t500rs ps4, i bought this game on day one for nothing , do you have any ideia how much is a game here in Portugal?, its expensive, so, when you buy a game on they one (at that price), you must know it and like it very much, otherwise you wait for the price to drop, thats why im very hungry about this...!!!
    This is on you, pal. It's not a bug, it was never included in the first place. PS4 doesn't support some wheels if not specifically programmed for. And DiRT 4 supported wheels list got online way before launch: http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt-4/05/dirt-4-faq/

You see no T500 for PS4. I'm not saying it is a good thing it's missing and sure it certainly could be there if theay would invest the time.
    But I'm saying: You did know from the start (At least you could've and should've researched for that info), that DiRT 4 on PS4 would not work with your wheel.

I would suggest to you: Consider selling your T500 base and get a used T300 base, you can even use the T500 Rim on it. Or get a new T300RS. Or DiRT 4 for PC. Or continue waiting for the T500 Update, which could come sure, but CM has no obligation to do it, since they never claimed that'd be included anyway.

Are you kidding me?! Lol, yes we can all just throw away a thousand dollar wheel for a new one. AND for your information the T500 was shown as supported in the dirt 4 pre sales advertising!
    get your facts right.
  • MattiaCasa85MattiaCasa85 Member New Car Smell
    This has probably been asked elsewhere, not really a bug. It would be good to enjoy 60fps replays at least on the Ps4 Pro. I would gladly give up a few effects for more fluidity in replays, at least give us the choice. Thanks and lot of love and appreciation for your work.
  • bj75bj75 Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2017
    ...- Tuning differentials now functions correctly...
    Thank you for that fix, now I really enjoying the game!
    Is it possible to reduce the headcam vibration? In some cars is really excessive. (I'm not referring to the camera shake)
    Best regards.
    Bj
    Post edited by bj75 on
    W7 Pro, Z170-K, I7-6700, 16GB DDR4, GTX1070 8GB, 2x1TB 7200 (Raid 0), Samsung 960 Evo
  • DefytheMachineDefytheMachine Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2017
    Just switched on my xbox to see a message about R5 dlc being no longer available???? 

Deleted then reinstalled and solved.
  • MarioVilasMarioVilas Member Unleaded
    PC: The joker in RX is not working. Sometimes i need to do it 3 times to count. Sometimes say that i miss the entrance. Please fix that and the FFB! Thanks