Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT 4 - version 1.04 - found a bug? Post it here!

Comments

• YuuuuupYuuuuup Member New Car Smell
    I'm still having the same issue with the game stuttering despite it consistently running above 60 fps. Even in the menus it is quite plain to see the image freezing on the screen for a split second about every 5 seconds or so as well as when I'm actually driving it does the same and makes it very difficult to drive the car and sometimes causes me to crash. I have installed the latest nvidia driver, verified game files, tried graphics settings all the way down to ultra low and countless hours of other troubleshooting, but to no avail. I suppose it is also worth mentioning this same pc runs all my other games, including dirt rally without an issue. My specs are i5 [email protected], maximus v gene mobo, gtx 970, 16 gb ram, Windows 10
  • TIMDATOOLMAN83TIMDATOOLMAN83 Member New Car Smell
    Yuuuuup said:
    I'm still having the same issue with the game stuttering despite it consistently running above 60 fps. Even in the menus it is quite plain to see the image freezing on the screen for a split second about every 5 seconds or so as well as when I'm actually driving it does the same and makes it very difficult to drive the car and sometimes causes me to crash. I have installed the latest nvidia driver, verified game files, tried graphics settings all the way down to ultra low and countless hours of other troubleshooting, but to no avail. I suppose it is also worth mentioning this same pc runs all my other games, including dirt rally without an issue. My specs are i5 [email protected], maximus v gene mobo, gtx 970, 16 gb ram, Windows 10
    @Yuuuuup , yes yes & yes!  Ever since the game release I've had these random frame stutters during a stage even though on my telemetry it is consistently sitting @ 60FPS.  (FYI: I am using Windows 7, Steam, i5, ASUS Strix GTX970 with latest NVidia game-ready driver)

• Snaky115Snaky115 Member Co-Driver
    edited June 2017
    Just to add to that ^^ - Same symptoms and tried fixes, FX8350 at 4.5GHz, R9 280X, 16 GB RAM, Win8.1. It often is a pretty consistent stutter interval, even with 0 background application restart.
    FX-9590 4.8ghz, 16GB, R9 Fury Nitro
    And a KEYBOARD! #KeyBro (waiting for the 2.0 thing)
    #Latvia
  • schnauzahpowahschnauzahpowah Member New Car Smell
    edited June 2017
    UPDATE: the patch is now live on Xbox One too - please keep the feedback coming! All of your comments have been logged, so we're looking into those issues for you now. :) 
    Thanks sweet baby hay-zues. Been avoiding racenet like the plague , would freeze everytime I touched the LB's

Microsoft and their blasted verification process

Thanks for the heads-up @ChristinaMc
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    PC version: I have to disable any time i boot the game the  real mirrors (i dont need it) in OSD settings ..
    I am sure i apply settings but any time i start the game rear mirrors option is enable..
  • HomedHomed Member New Car Smell
    @ChristinaMc

New patch and you do nothing from this problem
    No Wheel friction and Tires friction in the option
    How is it possible to forget this 
    You remove the most important FFB info to the wheel
    Great Job

• JoanMarin8JoanMarin8 Member New Car Smell
    I'm in Division 2 Category 6 in Pro Tour and I have not found anyone to play for two days. I think the match or update are wrong.
  • Kenny1962Kenny1962 Member New Car Smell
    Having problems with stuttering in Spain on the really tight hairpins and in the town areas. All the other parts are ok. I also get the same on some Rallycross tracks like Lydden Hill. PC version.
     I7 4970 4gb , 16gb ram , nvidia 1080 card.
  • Snaky115Snaky115 Member Co-Driver
    edited June 2017
    Oh, right, RallyCross, Norway Full Circuit the spotter still says that i keep entering my joker wrong, but the game says i've done it right with the green logo, no penalty either thankfully.

Haven't really seen on other tracks yet.

EDIT1: Currently doing the final RX championship, 3 out of 3 heats have received this in a row. Have not tested with a non first lap joker yet.
    EDIT2: Okay, doing it NOT on the first lap fixed the spotter, fourth heat atm.
    EDIT3: Spotter went nuts again on first lap joker of semi final, sigh
    Post edited by Snaky115 on
    FX-9590 4.8ghz, 16GB, R9 Fury Nitro
    And a KEYBOARD! #KeyBro (waiting for the 2.0 thing)
    #Latvia
  • toobsocktoobsock Member New Car Smell
    I've had the Daily event crash twice on me, once before 1.04, and once after (Today)... I'm on the Xbox One.
    The first time, I finished the event and it froze at the leaderboards (had a repetitive sound/stutter going, had to power off).. the second time, I finished the event, the next screen never came, just remained black... only thing on was a circular arrow down in the bottom left that was greyed out and not moving.

I had to power off/quit both times and ended up with a DNF each time.
  • neil3646neil3646 Member New Car Smell
    Now that the Xbox One update has dropped, when should we expect the Flavour of the Week achievement to pop?
    I've completed all the weeklies since launch, including this weeks before I got the update. Upon receipt of rewards next Monday?
  • toobsocktoobsock Member New Car Smell
    neil3646 said:
    Now that the Xbox One update has dropped, when should we expect the Flavour of the Week achievement to pop?
    I've completed all the weeklies since launch, including this weeks before I got the update. Upon receipt of rewards next Monday?
    I know on trueachievements.com, a number of people were awarded the achievement Today.  I was waiting for 1.04 to come out and saved the second weekly event to use as a test.  Finished the second weekly event and it did not pop for me... maybe next week.
  • sjoerdFTWsjoerdFTW Member New Car Smell
    i dont know if you guys expected more from us but on Hell with the crosskarts the AI can set 35 second laps (even on the easiest difficulty). The current fastet lap on the leaderboard is somewhere in the 36,3 region (i did set a fastest time a couple of days ago so i know) this is frustrating escpacially when one of youre sponsor targets is set the fastest lap. 
    There are also weird things with the AI on heat times. 
    - when someone gets a time penalty the get it every single heat which is a bit dumb.
    - One DQ for a AI means the are DQ'ed for the hole event. Why?
    - some penalties are not even a round number (mostly it would be 5 or 10 seconds) they now have penalties like 00:06:43 or 00:03:89 why these type of penalties?
    - The damage on some of the AI's are a bit mental. It sometimes looks they have hit a tree. 
    - You will drive a flawless heat but the Ai (no matter what difficulty) will go a half second or three thenths quicker which should be realistic but not when you nearly lap your heat oppenents.

• CMMcBabeCMMcBabe Member, Codemasters Petrol Head
    neil3646 said:
    AFAIK, the check is performed on the reward screen for a weekly event.  For you this means you will need to wait until next Monday.
  • Tiger3333Tiger3333 Member New Car Smell
    Kenny1962 said:
    Is it possible to make the turbo on the Subaru 2001 sound louder as I can hardly hear it. Watched videos 
    of the real car and you can hear the turbo chattering. Many thanks.
    Absolutly ..in Game it'acceptable but in replay view no turbo sounds is heard.
    There is no problem in Dirt Rally ...it is a pity because the motor  sounds and anti lag crackles are exceptional.
    Please fix it.

• PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    edited June 2017
    Some cars, such as the Renault Alpine and Lancia Stratos, does not make full use of the steering rotation. Same problem as in DR. :( They are hypersensitive as a result. I believe this can be fixed by telling them about wheels that turn more than 50 degrees.
    "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza" -michaelangelo
  • Alf72Alf72 Member Co-Driver

I can't play DR after playing D4, without restarting PC. DR doesn't recognises my wheel ( didn't try yet with other Racing Games ). Is it possible that D4 isn't reseting Wheel / FFB, on exit?

There's more people with the same issue, on Steam

http://steamcommunity.com/app/421020/discussions/0/2592234299545913404/

G27

Windows 10 x64

CMR | DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | DiRT Rally 2.0 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID AutoSport | F1 2013 | F1 2015

Wheel - G27 | Pedals - G27 w/ Nixim Springs | Shifter - G27 | Handbrake - Extreme 3D Pro

" Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows " - Walter Rohrl

• MarioVilasMarioVilas Member Unleaded
    Alf72 said:

I can't play DR after playing D4, without restarting PC. DR doesn't recognises my wheel ( didn't try yet with other Racing Games ). Is it possible that D4 isn't reseting Wheel / FFB, on exit?

There's more people with the same issue, on Steam

http://steamcommunity.com/app/421020/discussions/0/2592234299545913404/

G27

Windows 10 x64

I have the same problem! When i stop playing Dirt 4 i go to play Dirt Rally and the wheel don't work. I need to restart the PC.
  • Lynx2000Lynx2000 Member Wheel Nut
    AI not cleaning (and repairing?) their cars during Rallycross (& Landrush?) events
    In Rallycross (and Landrush as well, I guess), the AI doesn't seem to clean and/or repair their cars between heats/finals - at least the chassis parts.

In RX (Free Play on Hell Full circuit) I had an AI lose its rear lid in Semi-Final and it started the Final with the car in the exact same condition (no rear lid, quite "beaten up" car).
    In general, the AI doesn't seem to clean it's cars (not a big deal I guess), but as I said, also carriers around (visual?) damage from earlier heats/finals throughout an event.
    Also want to add to this that my own car is not cleaned after practice so add the start of an event all the cars look nice and clean except mine. 

Second issue not really a bug (don't know if reported before)
    But when I'm driving in rally in career  and I'm first in running order I still see my opponents time which wouldnt be possible as he starts behind me.