Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT 4 - version 1.04 - found a bug? Post it here!

Comments

• toobsocktoobsock Member New Car Smell
    Does anyone from Code Masters actually monitor this thread?
  • TIMDATOOLMAN83TIMDATOOLMAN83 Member New Car Smell
    toobsock said:
    Does anyone from Code Masters actually monitor this thread?
    Yep they do, and they've got plenty on ;)
  • ELBARTSCHOELBARTSCHO Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2017
    Dear Codemasters Team! First of all thanks a lot to all of you for releasing this amazing, intensive and realistic Rally game. It's just awesome and it makes so much fun to play! :)
    Teuchter said:
    The difficulty for a certain event shouldn't change by itself for a championship, if you use another difficulty setting for freeplay and online playing. Of course this wouldn't be a problem if you could use h-pattern w/ clutch on that Fearless difficulty.
    +1 It's been driving me up the wall too! Total ball ache when you complete a championship to see it was on a the lesser difficultly because I rejigged the gear method for the umpteenth time. 
    Also the jam sessions shouldn't use up engineers, I found myself in a really good public rallycross room (they do exist!) and didn't leave it for the best part of the night knowing full well my engineers had buggered off.
    I can fully confirm this "difficulty changing" issue. If the difficulty is changed for a certain event like free play, online or academy, then the changed difficulty setting will unfortunately override the earlier setting which was set before while starting a championship under my career. Even if we change it back to the original setting.

I tested this also and everytime if we use our own cars in Free Mode or Multiplayer, then it costs us seasons from our team members. So the only way to avoid this, is that we use loan cars in Free Mode or Multiplayer.

It seems that both is intented by the developers. Both bugs or features existed also in "Dirt Rally".
    Could please someone from Codemasters officially confirm this, if these are bugs or intented features?
    *** Swiss Rally Driver ***
  • LatvallaLatvalla Member New Car Smell
    Hi all,
    when I try to download stages from dirt4game.com/fr/your-stage web page, I've got an error message : Erreur lors de l'ajout de l'étape à "Mes spéciales". = Error while adding stage to my specials, something like that...
    I'm on pc, windows 10 Pro last updates ok. I've tried on Edge, Chrome but I've always got same message.
    May be I've missed something...
  • VannipoVannipo Member Unleaded
    Any kind of headtracking still don't work.
    That must be a bug, I think.
  • MarioVilasMarioVilas Member Unleaded
    PC: Please fix the FFB. Is very weak and in some cars, like the R5, i don't feel it. Also the R5 cars "float" a lot. Thanks.
  • OHYEAHHHOHYEAHHH Member New Car Smell
    Found a bug when setting brutal difficulty it sets back to tough when I change from sequential to clutch/shifter
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    edited July 2017
    Some cars still have extremely slow sequential shifting, such as the Evo 6. Cars with sequential gearboxes did not change gear this slowly. I think it's stupid to be forced to use H-box and clutch to squeeze any kind of speed out of cars suffering from this. Cars with actual H-pattern gearboxes, sure. Penalize people for using paddles all you want in those. But not the ones with actual sequential gearboxes. It makes absolutely no sense.

I'd really like to see a fix for this.

Compare this sequential shifting, near instantaneous -

- with this sequential shifting. More like grannyshifting. Whose brilliant idea was this? :D

"forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza" -michaelangelo
  • denisdeservicedenisdeservice Member New Car Smell
    Bug about some of my steam friends not showing up in friends leaderboards:
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/53677/not-all-my-friends-showing-up-in-leaderboards
  • nbates66nbates66 Member Wheel Nut
    edited July 2017
    ok not sure how this occurred but - I was using freeplay to do runs on Wales to create tuning setups and I've noticed that my Hyundai R5 seems to be retaining some sort of damage even when abandoning then starting new freeplay championships:

Can you add an option for us to play like in Dirt Rally? Dirt Rally feel better. Thanks.
  • MeatbolicX83MeatbolicX83 Member New Car Smell
    edited July 2017
    It never fails. On the FIA rally cross race on the rx 1600cc. On every the 2nd heat of every track. You come in 2nd if you place first. No matter how far you are ahead of your the A.I it will place you 2nd. Not sure if it places you 3rd if you are 2nd. Or if you are 3rd and places you 4th. Not sure yet. But i know it happens when you are first. 
    Im on the xbox one. 

• subjsubj Member New Car Smell

With regards to the t500 rs , Please fix it asap ................. As others have said it was in the wheel  list and then removed a couple of weeks prior to release .

Had no problems with dirt rally at all and now without warning you remove it , not a good practice !

Obviously there are not as many t500rs users as there are t300 , just because we are a minority doesn't mean that we should be a lesser priority .

Please fix ASAP   " I know about the quick fix "  the game doesn't feel as dynamic using it .

• Tony79Tony79 Member New Car Smell
    There are Framerate breaks in the first Buggy races in the career. And please fix the T500 Problem when Tire Friction is on.
  • AwasakyAwasaky Member New Car Smell

Very weird behavior of car body. Looks like it haven't mass.
    Awasaky said:

Very weird behavior of car body. Looks like it haven't mass.
    The cars in Dirt 4 are very unstable that in Dirt Rally. Codemasters need to fix that.
  • AwasakyAwasaky Member New Car Smell
    The cars in Dirt 4 are very unstable that in Dirt Rally. Codemasters need to fix that.
    If you play dirt rally before, better play in Dirt 4 in gamer handing style. Or try Simulation and  Racer helpers preset. Overall behaviour in sim w/o helpers too much hard in comparison with tactical gameplay Dirt Rally.
  • LutzMLutzM Member Wheel Nut
    I've found the following bugs:

- When it rains and you stop under the tent at the marshal afzer finish, it still rains when you're under this tent
    - The wipers sometimes react automatic even if 'automatic wipers' are turned of.
    - In german language you can select the following weather-conditions in YourStage regarding fog: "Nebel" "Nebelfelder" "Nebel"
      So it's twice just "Nebel" (fog). But what are the differences? "Nebelfelder" means "partly foggy".

Awasaky said:
    If you play dirt rally before, better play in Dirt 4 in gamer handing style. Or try Simulation and  Racer helpers preset. Overall behaviour in sim w/o helpers too much hard in comparison with tactical gameplay Dirt Rally.
    I don't like to play in gamer mode. It feels strange for me. I prefer to play with no assists. Thanks :)