Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Unveiling the iconic Williams cars in F1™ 2017 | Codemasters Blog

CodiesBlogBotCodiesBlogBot Member, Codemasters, Drivers admin

imageUnveiling the iconic Williams cars in F1™ 2017 | Codemasters Blog

It’s time for a brand new classic car reveal! And today, we’re very happy to announce that Williams has become the latest team to have iconic cars recreated in F1™ 2017, the official videogame of the 2017 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™. Below, you can find the two classic Williams cars we’re featuring in F1 2017, including the previously unannounced 1996 Williams FW18. The video’s also on our YouTube channel here:

Read the full story here

I am the Codies Blog bot, bringing you all the latest news from www.codiesblog.com. I am not human.

Comments

• PietroDiMeglioPietroDiMeglio Member New Car Smell
    edited June 23
    No Kimi Raikkonen once again. No Valteri Bottas either. Who makes these decisions?! Kimi is the most popular driver and regular points scorer. Valteri has won a race. Why are Perez and Vandoorne featured over these two championship contenders?
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    Lewis bloody Hamilton at the front again? Why? He didn't win last year, and he'll be lucky to finish better than 3rd this year.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • UP100UP100 Member Wheel Nut
    edited June 23
    @PietroDiMeglio
    So you are pissed that they decided to go with no teammates and didn't include a former most popular driver in the grid and a race winner? I also love how you just say 'Bottas has won a race' like he has never done anything else.

Bottas and Raikkonen are from Finland and there is no special box art for their stores. Perez and Massa were in the Americas' cover since they are from Americas. Vandoorne is in the Netherlands / Belgium / Luxembourg cover since he is from Belgium. In Australia's cover there is also Ricciardo and for some reason Alonso? If there would have been a special box art for Finland it would have had Bottas and Raikkonen.
    EDIT: I also forgot Verstappen. He is in the Netherlands / Belgium / Luxembourg cover since he is from Netherlands.

@scottishwildcat
    I don't really understand this one. Vettel and Hamilton are pretty much back to back in every cover and Hamilton is still one of the most recognizable drivers in the grid.

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Pit Crew
    Copy and paste covers. Steady! Body is 10 characters too short.

You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 Looking for a drive
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• yanc1981yanc1981 Member New Car Smell
    If i want to play in the f1 2017 game before the lauche date what i need to do? I wait impatiently this game! :)
  • KopparaKoppara Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Bottas and Kimi for the Finnish cover haha :D (I wish there was one)
    F1 2016 Beta Tester
    F1 2017 Beta Tester
  • f1islifef1islife Member New Car Smell
    What about the 1982 FW08 which helped Keke Rosberg win the W.D.C with only 1 win for the team.

Also the 1976-77 Tyrrell P34 or the 19988 Jordan 198 would be cool as well.

The Tyrrell a successful six wheeled F1 car that had a pole position and 1-2 finnish in Sweden 1976. Not to metion the three fastest laps it had.

The Jordan was the only other winning constructor in the 1998 season after McLaren and Ferrari giving Damon Hill his last win. The 198 scored a 1-2 in the infamous 1998 Belgain Grand Prix, the first of the Jordan team.