Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

[DIRT 4] Multiplayer suggestions and improvements thread

MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
I have bought Dirt 4 2 days ago , i am very happy with the game overall but i think some things are missing from multiplayer which is the main reason i bought the game...

My suggestions are:

- Spectator mode when you join in lobby during the race.
- End race estimate time when you join in a lobby during the race.(or laps left for RX- Land rush)
- Text chat both in lobby and in race (for PC version).
- Nationalities flags over cars in race (in Grid 2 this added with an update after release date , so i thing its not that hard) and maybe a     little bigger letters of players names in race.
- TV style cameras like this of single player in spectator mode while you wait for the other players to finish the race..
- Possibility to chose some rally or RX cars in land rush tracks.. (Dirt 2 style various combinations).
- Joyride and  Dirtfish addition in multiplayer.
- Time option when you are in service area before race start (its 60 seconds default and some times is getting boring waiting so long the other players to be ready..) In Grid Autosport host could select the number of seconds (15" , 30" ,45" ect)
- Option for staggered start for rally mode (rally mode feels a bit soulless watching just players time and progress arrows in the bar on the right of the screen.
- Option for 8 cars same time in track for RX mode (i know its not realistic but who cares its all about fun)
- Kick vote option in public lobbies for RX and landrush

Also i have a question about Pro Tour :
The players you meet there use the same driving model as you , or its mixed? (both gamer and simulator mode)

I would like you to share your thoughts and ideas about multiplayer mode and how this can be better in this thread..
Cheers! B)
Post edited by MiatakiasGR on

Comments

• PhilipppowitschPhilipppowitsch Member New Car Smell

@Pro Tour: the opponents have the same driving model as yourself.

But I have there another Problem. I treid a lot of times at different times and days but i didnt find any session in the gamer pro tour at xbox. There always stands 1/8 Players...:(

• MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew

@Pro Tour: the opponents have the same driving model as yourself.

But I have there another Problem. I treid a lot of times at different times and days but i didnt find any session in the gamer pro tour at xbox. There always stands 1/8 Players...:(

I have managed to find players once only (4/8) on PC.. I think there is not much interesting in this mode..
  • gyozagyoza Member New Car Smell
    I fully endorse the following:

- TV style cameras like this of single player in spectator mode while you wait for the other players to finish the race..
    - Possibility to chose some rally or RX cars in land rush tracks.. (Dirt 2 style various combinations).
    - Joyride and  Dirtfish addition in multiplayer.

Please, most importantly, Joyride and Dirtfish with your friends...

Desperately missing collision mode, and the staggered starts from dirt 3...
  • IndySigurIndySigur Member New Car Smell
    Please bring back some multiplayer fun like in Dirt 3 - cat n mouse etc. And rally MP without seeing other cars is just plain soulless. Dirt series was used to be fun.. now its just eye candy and less fun. 
  • R27RR27R Member New Car Smell
    Bonjour à tous Je suis nouveau sur le site j'ai une très grande question est importante à poser à codemasters. Il cherche toujours à innover les meilleures choses alors pourquoi la clio williams maxi de Jean Ragnotti n'a jamais été dans un jeu vidéo? comme la clio rs3?
  • BatouUuBatouUu Member New Car Smell
    We highly need a joyRide like our Dirt 3 !  :'(
    A lot of time spend with my friends playing JoyRide / Free Roam really need this !