Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt 4 - Add Simulation Plus to the driving modes

jayblue99jayblue99 Member New Car Smell
So after a few weeks of the game being out it is clear that many are happy with the simulation mode on offer. It is also clear that many others feel that the cars are too difficult to power slide or drift in the corners and that in this respect Dirt 4 is a step back from Dirt Rally. I can understand why Codemasters may not want to change the physics in simulation mode post release (it means they have to reset the leaderboards etc) but is there any reason why they could not add an additional driving mode, like an advanced simulation one which is tailored for wheel users with some small changes to overall grip levels and on throttle characteristics in RWD vehicles? And before anyone says it yes I have tried radical changes to the car setup and having driven several rally cars on gravel stages no I do not believe a powerful RWD car is as hard to powerslide as it is in the game.

Dirt 4 - Add Simulation Plus to the driving modes 11 votes

Yes add Simulation Plus mode
54% 6 votes
No things are fine as they are
45% 5 votes

Comments

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Team Principal
    This is a silly suggestion, the sim mode just needs tweaking to get the lateral grip and overall grip levels right.
  • caerphotocaerphoto Member Unleaded
    This is a silly suggestion, the sim mode just needs tweaking to get the lateral grip and overall grip levels right.
    Agreed. Neither of the poll options are what I'd choose – we don't need a new 'Sim+' mode, but neither are things fine as they are. A few minor tweaks are all that's needed, I reckon, but the fundamentals are there.