Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Why have your developers and producers etc. given up on the Operation Flashpoint series?

So I'm a huge fan of the O.F series (Dragon rising is by far the best) because of its extreme attention to detail/realism and the exceptional AI mechanics (except for Red River as my squad mates acted like potatoes) and because it appeals to my military background and expectations. I have no idea what possessed you into making racing games as there are already many company's that make much better ones than DiRT or F1. What I'm trying to say is stick to what your good at because I can't believe that you would have fired all of your old development team when you made the switch. I'm not saying don't make racing games just make them on the sideline and focus on realistic military sims as they appeal to a MASSIVE gaming audience because that genre is growing rapidly and if you were to release a new O.F on the Next Gen before ARMA or Rising Storm then you'll basically own the military sim market for next gens everywhere. I don't want to sound whiny or rude but to be completely honest Code master you need to make more O.F games or even just one for the Next Gen and then leave it because people can only play through all the old ones so many times before they lose interest and let's face it nobody has, had or will actually like the DiRT or F1 franchises because they just aren't up to par with the rest of the gaming world. Thank you

Answers

• Dynos22Dynos22 Member New Car Smell
    i Really loved Operation Flashpoint series!!
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    If nobody liked Dirt or F1, they wouldn't still be in business, given that's all they've made for years.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • coolieboycoolieboy Member, Drivers Race Steward
    Cold War was my favourite of the series followed by Dragon Rising.  The only reason I started following CM was because of Flashpoint. Should they start back making mil sim games? I don't think so. I don't think CM have the raw talent or resources anymore to create games like Flashpoint. Should they remaster Red River? Absolutely yes...that game never got the attention it deserved and next gen hardware would make it even more better. Especially the online aspect of the game. I'm a huge mil sim fan.  In fact I prefer mil sim games over F1 games any day. @Giffer130, have you taken a look at Insurgency Sandstorm on consoles? I think this will be the game that we're waiting for.