Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Presenting... the 2006 Renault R26 - the latest car to feature in F1 2017

jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager

This is up here, but I've put it here for your perusal :)

It’s officially less than 50 days until we release F1™ 2017, the official videogame of the 2017 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, to the world.  We know you're clamouring to see more of the game, and we'll be showing that off to you very soon. In the meantime, we're getting very excited about the latest iconic car to be recreated in F1 2017 – let us introduce you to the 2006 Renault R26. We’re extremely proud of featuring this car, and we know it’s a car you’ve been waiting for us to feature, and so you can check out our brand new trailer showcasing this beauty below, or head to our YouTube channel here:

If you want reminding how iconic this car is, here’s a little reminder:

• 2006 Renault R26 – Driven by Fernando Alonso and Giancarlo Fisichella, the R26 scored 8 wins out of 18 races, with 7 pole positions and 5 fastest laps, leading for more laps and winning more races than any other car in 2006. It helped Alonso win his second Drivers' Championship and Renault to claim their second Constructors' Championship in succession.

renault-2006-r26

The 2006 Renault R26 joins the announced 1992 Williams FW14B, 1995 Ferrari 412 T2, 1996 Williams FW18, 2002 Ferrari F2002, 2004 Ferrari F2004, 2007 Ferrari F2007 and 2010 Red Bull Racing RB6 – and the 1988 McLaren MP4/4. Miss the announcements for these cars? Head to our YouTube channel where you can watch all of our reveals, or you can check out our announcement trailer below:

F1 2017 also features an even deeper career mode, numerous multiplayer enhancements, and a brand new ‘Championships’ game mode as well as the return of classic cars. The 2006 Renault R26 will be playable in F1 2017 when it releases on  the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam) worldwide on August 25th 2017.

Comments

• JOHNTHEBEST007JOHNTHEBEST007 Member New Car Smell
    Yessssss! That's one of my favorite F1 cars! Thank you Codemasters for bringing it to the game! :)
  • battlecaptain91battlecaptain91 Member New Car Smell
    edited July 7
    Wonderfull car...
    But what is with infos about the main game?? Did hope for it but probably nothing until the british GP Silverstone.... i just hope one some lil authentic upgrades like helmet customation with team sponsors and also leg protection in the cars.... and many more lil things dirt and brake dust that colour the rims until the race however would be  awesome to have some more realistic parts... 
  • ChromaticChromatic Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    edited July 7
    How many classic have been revealed so far? Hopefully the 91 Jordan/09 Brawn can make a appearance.

How many different racing lines will you take 

Originally Withyman on the old forum's 

My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TBCFormulae 

Manor may be gone but the history they made lives on

9 Classics are Out now. Guess i think the last 3 will be Mclarens... Chance on brawn i think is very low.. 
  • ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Wheel Nut
    Chromatic said:
    How many classic have been revealed so far? Hopefully the 91 Jordan/09 Brawn can make a appearance.
    It says in the opening post. I count 9. It was either 11 or 12 that was rumoured, or confirmed ( I don't know the source), as the total amount of classic cars in the game. 
    I think the last 3 will be released at the Silverstone GP! And hopefull than we get some more infos about the main game!! British GP-British Publisher!! Hope for it... at least the classics are nice and all but much more interrest for the main game!! 
    But in classics im curious how they rule it... i mean cant imagine that a ferrari driver will sit in a renault classic... or Mcl classic... curios how this is managed!! 
  • ChromaticChromatic Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    edited July 7
    But in classics im curious how they rule it... i mean cant imagine that a ferrari driver will sit in a renault classic... or Mcl classic... curios how this is managed!! 

Most likely it'll be the same system as F1 2013 Codemasters random drivers in classic cars.

How many different racing lines will you take 

Originally Withyman on the old forum's 

My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TBCFormulae 

Manor may be gone but the history they made lives on

• Drew8711Drew8711 Member New Car Smell
    @Codemasters ;

I don't understand why you guys chose the 2006 Renault instead of the 2005 V10 Renault. Isn't the V10 Renault a faster car? 
  • ShouldBeThereShouldBeThere Member Wheel Nut
    Drew8711 said:
    @Codemasters ;

I don't understand why you guys chose the 2006 Renault instead of the 2005 V10 Renault. Isn't the V10 Renault a faster car? 
    By that logic, why did they pick any of them. Aren't the 2017 cars faster? 
    The 2017 are the fastest ever f1 cars so yhea.. All in all its a nice gimmick this classic cars and i want not make it bad but i doesnt buy the game for the classic cars! Thats why i hope by all classic content and short cut track that for me give just no sense short bahrain or usa for what... but ok.. i just hope the game will be authentic at all and the 2017 cars will look perfect into the last lil detail... just hope for it 
    And i even dont understand how it will work in career mode when i think i drive now ferrari in career than i can drive only 4 classics at this event?? Rich guy or whatever when i think to realism it will be impossible to drive as ferrari driver a other classic than ferrari same for mclaren or mercedes or williams and renault this im curios how it works.... 
  • Joethe155Joethe155 Member Pit Crew
    The Brawn GP just isn't going to make it, is it.

My only hope is that they announce it in the week of the British GP as announcing the car in which a British driver won the world championship would be great timing.
  • Alon78Alon78 Member Wheel Nut
    You're only showing classic cars, but what about the core game?
    The classic cars is just a side feature. I want to know what's new in the game.
    Doesn't sound promising that you're so concentrated on a minor feature like this.
  • Dboyking1Dboyking1 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    (Sly voice) i bet that when it's the British gp they will announce the mclaren MP4/23, on a Friday ;)

"I've always believed you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Micheal Schumacher

#KeepFightingMicheal

• FOneFanaticFOneFanatic Member, Drivers Team Principal
    I don't know the car, but this much I can say: That is one pretty looking Formula One car right there!!! I am really looking  forward for this game to launch so I can race this new announced car and other notables like the  McLaren MP4/4 on Monaco and SPA.  Hurry up August 25th!
    If his unpleasant wounding, has in someway enlightened the rest of us, as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life, and has inspired us all to change our ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory!

"Gone in 60 Seconds"
  • TrueRacerMicTrueRacerMic Member Pit Crew
    A very good looking car which i am very looking forward to drive because growing up i played F1 2006 on PS2 and i want to see if ot handles the same
    F1™ 2016 Statistics

35 Race Wins
    2 World Driver's Championships
    3 World Constructor's Championships

Twitter
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Vettelforever1

YouTube
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCrKx7Q-AkjEUy9TImIxrsnA

Snapchat
    https://www.snapchat.com/add/michaelro779
  • Kimi12Kimi12 Member New Car Smell
    A very good looking car which i am very looking forward to drive because growing up i played F1 2006 on PS2 and i want to see if ot handles the same
    Clearly won't,we are talkling about of a game 11 years older on a PS2 that wasn't the best about simulation of the
    physics. It will have, along with the other classic cars,a whole new handling model
  • ed24ed24 Member, Drivers New Car Smell
    Are there further negotiations ongoing with the missing sponsors on the R26 (Telefonica the main one), or is the livery in the launch video final?