Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Micro Machines World Series - v1.04. Found a bug? Post it here!

Comments

• KoriikKoriik Member New Car Smell
    edited July 11
    So me and my friends decided to play ranked matches to gain more loot crates (since paramedic trophy is almost impossible to get without special events). Anyway we won every match and got put into elite/platinum plus divisions. Then suddenly we are getting kicked out of every game losing 80 points each time which is double our winning and also getting deserted penalty bonuses. Sorry to say but your servers are terrible. I cant count the amount of times i have lagged out of a match its that many. Also the fact we get deserter penalty is making it impossible for me to level up! Me and my friends have had a lot of enjoyment out of this game, its a lot of fun! The servers are the main issue! Also please lower the requirement for paramedic to something like revive 5 team mates in a single game or change the amount it takes to earn the revives as i can barely scrape 2 in a normal game. How the hell am i supposed to revive 5 people with 1 revive? I have to wait till this weekend to stand a chance at earning it!

Edit: ranked is currently broken. Every match results in us lagging out, losing points and getting deserter bonus. Quick play isnt much better but playable at least
    Post edited by Koriik on
  • EarendilLilrosEarendilLilros Member New Car Smell
    edited July 10
    Really not happy with how many times the servers are kicking people including myself out of games.

Having been kicked out multiple times by your servers this evening I am appauled to find I have not only lost 240points and dropped down a rank, I have also been issued a deserter penalty.

Some of the trophies are difficult enough to obtain due to them being glitched or just too hard, but this little bug addition is making it almost impossible to progress anywhere. It is now happening on every ranked match so it is not possible to make any progress.

Please apply a fix which prevents loss of points and prevents a penalty being applied of a user is kicked out due to a server issue.
    Post edited by EarendilLilros on
  • Firefox02Firefox02 Member New Car Smell
    edited July 11
    There are some image problems with something which looks like smoke coming across the screen at some points during the "Toaster Troubles" level - espicially on the table after you have left the toaster.
  • BunglesFingerBunglesFinger Member New Car Smell
    Finally boosted the Paramedic trophy last night. Cheers lads, had alot of fun obtaining it & managed to help 6 other people in our group get it too. One problem though was network issues for some as when the game froze or servers failed some lads commented on their PS4s locking up & having to reboot & we are all in different locations in the UK? I know the platinum has been obtained by a couple of people now & I have two mates who are very close, I just hope theirs pop too.
    edited July 11
    Finally boosted the Paramedic trophy last night. Cheers lads, had alot of fun obtaining it & managed to help 6 other people in our group get it too. One problem though was network issues for some as when the game froze or servers failed some lads commented on their PS4s locking up & having to reboot & we are all in different locations in the UK? I know the platinum has been obtained by a couple of people now & I have two mates who are very close, I just hope theirs pop too.
    Im going to hopefully boost it with my buddys today. How did you boost it? We are thinking about having a guy in tank on other team kill 5 of our team with the special ability then the last guy revives.
    Koriik said:
    Im going to hopefully boost it with my buddys today. How did you boost it? We are thinking about having a guy in tank on other team kill 5 of our team with the special ability then the last guy revives.
    We had a party chat of 7. Basically had 6 on 1 team, then the host of that team counted down to 1 from 3 on Battle Mode on the Quick Play screen & pressed X with the other guy (me) that wasnt in the team of 6 at the same time. This then put for example me on the opposite side, I was in the Monster Truck, killed 2 guys off the opposite team (they basically came to me and sat there so I could kill them) to build my special faster, whilst the others were making sure the bomb/flag wasnt getting stolen/destroyed, then once one of the others had their revive special fully charged, eveyone piled to one corner, I used my special (tornado) to kill them all & the one left with the Heal ability (make sure they sit away from the tornado) pressed X to revive & then net the trophy.  

Having microphones is key though to allow you to relay the info so people know what they are supposed to be doing. Party chat with 6-7 members.

Hope this helps. ;)
    Koriik said:
    We had a party chat of 7. Basically had 6 on 1 team, then the host of that team counted down to 1 from 3 on Battle Mode on the Quick Play screen & pressed X with the other guy (me) that wasnt in the team of 6 at the same time. This then put for example me on the opposite side, I was in the Monster Truck, killed 2 guys off the opposite team (they basically came to me and sat there so I could kill them) to build my special faster, whilst the others were making sure the bomb/flag wasnt getting stolen/destroyed, then once one of the others had their revive special fully charged, eveyone piled to one corner, I used my special (tornado) to kill them all & the one left with the Heal ability (make sure they sit away from the tornado) pressed X to revive & then net the trophy.  

Having microphones is key though to allow you to relay the info so people know what they are supposed to be doing. Party chat with 6-7 members.

Hope this helps. ;)
    Ahh thats basically what we were going to do with the tank. The monster truck makes more sense so will try with that instead. Cheers for the tips!
    Ok so this is ******* unacceptable now, me and my mates just won a ranked match but rhe server crashed and threw us out. We have all lost a further 80 points and have been given defector penalties.

This is absolutely disgraceful and is ruining our experience of the game. We want to platinum this game and be able to enjoy the challenge but this is not a challenge it is an utter ****fest.

Please for the love of god sort out your ******* servers or at least stop us losing points when your servers screw up.
    Koriik said:
    Koriik said:

Hope this helps. ;)
    Ahh thats basically what we were going to do with the tank. The monster truck makes more sense so will try with that instead. Cheers for the tips!
    No probs mate. Glad to help. Good luck giving it a crack with yer mates. Hope it pops for ya. ;)
  • Kapnobatai81Kapnobatai81 Member New Car Smell
    edited July 12
    Server problems on PC.
    Every now & then it will lose connection to server. Which is ok at the end of a race, but a bit annoying mid race. 
    Also, quite often in races it's hard to see where other racers are, as the connection seems to fall behind or something. Even with a good connection and not much else running in the background. This makes it impossible to race properly. It's like the other cars are floating away or on strings, until the point where it becomes unbearable. I usually have to restart/reload the game.

Post edited by Kapnobatai81 on
  • SaracenUKSaracenUK Member New Car Smell
    Well logged in tonight, 11 July after latest update and upon launching the game it popped up saying my game save data is corrupt, reset or retry, .  The Retry didnt work, so clicked reset and of course it's put me back to level 1. Please reinstate my previous Rank to what it was, i dont want to level up to rank 14-15 again.  Come on, fix this please.  No need for this to occur on a game priced in this range connecting to official servers...
    Server problems on PC.
    Every now & then it will lose connection to server. Which is ok at the end of a race, but a bit annoying mid race. 
    Also, quite often in races it's hard to see where other racers are, as the connection seems to fall behind or something. Even with a good connection and not much else running in the background. This makes it impossible to race properly. It's like the other cars are floating away or on strings, until the point where it becomes unbearable. I usually have to restart/reload the game.

This keeps happening on PS4 servers as well and it results in loss of points and defector penalties.

I feel sorry for you as I know personally how frustrating this is.
  • agentbeefagentbeef Member New Car Smell

I have been enjoying the game greatly since release with only a few minor issues (you already know what these are) however I do have a couple of thoughts regarding the game.

1.the season is too long it should be weekly running Monday to Sunday or a variation thereof.

2.weapons need to be redressed the player in first is the only player that gets the thing he wants, a completely overpowered bomb which makes them nearly impossible to catch if they're even remotely sensible with bomb placement, either we need some form of defence against it or ironically it needs nerfing. even a couple of new ones noz boost or shield?

3.when selecting a new race from the menu race should be at the top of the list of options, if we are being sent back to the desktop between races at least make getting another race a one button affair. Obviously what we really want are championships 3 or 4 race 5 points for the win type of thing.

well for now that's all I have thanks for a great start

can't wait to buy some skins or track packs

• SquishykinsSquishykins Member New Car Smell
    Ever since I downloaded the update, nearly every time we play skirmish mode the game is force closing. Originally it was every second or third match, but now it's every time. 
    As we mainly play this game when friends are over, obviously it's not ideal.
  • Kapnobatai81Kapnobatai81 Member New Car Smell
    Firefox02 said:
    There are some image problems with something which looks like smoke coming across the screen at some points during the "Toaster Troubles" level - espicially on the table after you have left the toaster.
    Perhaps it's from some burnt toast?
    Koriik said:
    Koriik said:

Hope this helps. ;)
    No probs mate. Glad to help. Good luck giving it a crack with yer mates. Hope it pops for ya. ;)
    Levelling up needs adjusting..... its takes soooooo long and its boring as hell now. Level 31, 20 to go until prestige!
  • AJC2424AJC2424 Member New Car Smell
    Since the fix for the "no ranking points for players in a group" I haven't come across a genuine in-game bug (as in incorrect behaviour of any kind when everything works as it should). My main gripe at the moment is with the reliability of the servers.

Don't get me wrong - I love this game. I don't wish to make it sound like I'm hating on it. I've put 20 hours in already and over 250 ranked races so far. I'm loving every minute of it.

But the servers are really spoiling this enjoyment at times. Toaster Troubles, in particular, glitched out on me massively this week. I got stuck in the toaster. To my eyes on my game - so did everyone else. We all seemed to pile into it and then nothing happened. So I left it well alone thinking "we'll all be released eventually" even though it didn't look likely. Then, out of nowhere, I was the only one launched out of the toaster. Que me thinking "OK this is odd but I'll carry on and finish the race anyway". Within 30 seconds of this, the race ended. I finished 11th with a DNF and a loss of 80 POINTS. 80. That's TWO race wins down the drain. Through no fault of my own.

This isn't the only time I've been kicked from races with the servers either. There are fairly regular network errors which mean I can't join a race, races that cut out mid session, races which cut out just as I cross the line... the list goes on. Rarely have any of these cost me points (unlike my experience on the Toaster track) but it's still massively frustrating.

Usually I'm the player who reads the complaints of everyone else and thinks "I've never experienced that" but not in this case. This time around I've had quite a regular issue with the servers just suddenly kicking me out mid-race / not letting me race at all. I do hope that you have a plan in place to improve your servers reliability as things go forward.

It's borderline unacceptable reliability recently.
  • mms2017mms2017 Member New Car Smell
    there is a bug: very terrible graphics and 30 fps on ps4 pro, please fix it as soon as possible. tnx
    Seriously guys if you are not able to fix your servers can you please at least apply a fix that prevents players from losing points when they are kicked out of a game due to yout servers failing!

It is happening all too often to many people and is incredibly frustrating to lose 80points for something that is not actually a loss. It takes long enough to rank up as it is without this little bug destroying our chances of getting anywhere.

Can you please also fix the Haunted trophy as it is still glitched and not allowing some people to obtain it.