Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

[DiRT4] Pace notes should depend on speed as well not just location

BebiBebi Member New Car Smell
As I see pace notes are coming depending on the location of the car on the stage. It is no good when going at high speed and Nicky says right 2 and the corner is 5 metre away.....so it should depend on speed as well, so we can avoid these crashes. And with the settings (early, late) you only change the location of the pace note sound... I hope I was clear...It's another on CM's "fix this" list

Comments

• knightrider1972knightrider1972 Member New Car Smell
    yes ive been havng issues with late calls on hairpins/acute corners too. calls mostly work right but at times they can be few corners too early or be right on a turn when called. ive lost many seconds on stages because of this it might get fixed?
  • qmassqmass Member New Car Smell
    Easier fix would be to just remove some of the useless notes like every single dip call.
  • NarzugonNarzugon Member Unleaded
    Sometimes I just want to tell me co-driver "Shut up I'm trying to drive here!".
  • PolarClawPolarClaw Member New Car Smell
    Bebi said: It is no good when going at high speed and Nicky says right 2 and the corner is 5 metre away.....so it should depend on speed as well, so we can avoid these crashes. 
    This ... that's a really needed fix.
  • caerphotocaerphoto Member Wheel Nut
    qmass said:
    Easier fix would be to just remove some of the useless notes like every single dip call.
    Yeah the calls need to be more aware of the severity of elevation changes – not all 'dip', 'crest' and 'jump' calls are necessary, and are often just noise.

I've mentioned before, too, how the calls also need to take elevation changes into account when calling out corners – several times I've been caught out because a turn had a rather sudden drop, so it should have been 'caution, over crest into left 4 down' rather than just 'left 4'.
  • DrAbeRodDrAbeRod Member New Car Smell
    You can change how early/late the co-driver calls stage features, but then you'd have to change for every class; group B needs early calls, but R2 can have them late. Also, There was an option in Dirt 3 (I believe) to have shorter notes, an option for something like that would be useful.
  • BebiBebi Member New Car Smell
    DrAbeRod said:
    You can change how early/late the co-driver calls stage features, but then you'd have to change for every class; group B needs early calls, but R2 can have them late. Also, There was an option in Dirt 3 (I believe) to have shorter notes, an option for something like that would be useful.
    As I wrote before: "with the settings (early, late) you only change the location of the pace note sound"

• LightningFast90LightningFast90 Member Wheel Nut
    Yes I find this issue especially prevalent on the Spain stages. I seem to go off the road at a lot of '3' turns after a series of 5s and 6s as my entry speed is simply to great to brake in time. Also some turns which are over blind crests are called too late, I notice this in Australia the most when over a crest a turn is called after when it should be called before or at the same time as the crest. Adjusting the timing doesn't work in those situations as the rest of the stage is either too slow or late! In addition I would like a button that can be pressed to request a repeat of the last turn called, especially when exiting a hairpin I have at times forgotten the next call by the time I have fluffed the corner. :)
    Gratia infinitum sub metum, victroriam ad celeritas et potentia per aspera.

Crisp Whites 
    Fossils
    Fast Cars

Dislikes:
    Undergrads
    Soft Cheese
    Flies, Spiders and Snakes
    Double Negatives