Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

[FEATURE} Mods Support

SamRWDSamRWD Member Petrol Head
Currently Dirt 4 is basically locked for modders due to compression system etc. Rally/ Racing Sims are products that benefit from modding community effort the most. Having a SDK released by Codemasters, or at least any kind of support for modders would make it possible to either alter specific game features to community liking without devs effort, or to add additional content by modding community. Please notice there are many games that sell DLC well despite having mod support. Also there are many competitive games that allow mod support and still are managing online events utilizing those mods just fine. What exactly should be released of restrictions/ lack of SDK is to be discussed. We are checking if modding should be officially supported by Codies, or not.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME A MISTAKE IN A "NO" ANSWER, THE POOL SOMEHOW GOT PUBLISHED AS I WAS FINISHING IT. IT SHOULD SAY 
"NO, I DON'T WANT/ NEED D4 TO SUPPORT MODS"

[FEATURE} Mods Support 11 votes

Yes, I want mods to be supported in D4
90%
SamRWDMadhun1967enamelJulo264WeamDreavermightistHaris33hawku0caerphotoRacEouT 10 votes
No, I don
9%
madwak 1 vote

Comments

• caerphotocaerphoto Member Unleaded
    edited July 11
    Yes, I want mods to be supported in D4
    I agree that mods would be a good thing to have, but it's almost certainly not "without devs effort". To really support mods properly, the game would had to have been designed from the start with that in mind. Retrofitting things like this can often be a huge amount of work, even once the initial work is done – it'd need ongoing support in case of bugs, there are issues with securing it against cheaters, and so forth.