Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

What is the next GRID-Game you want?

JackKeyJackKey Member Wheel Nut
Overall I enjoyed all three recent Grid-Games. It took my a while to get warm with Autosport, but in the end I really enjoyed it so far and still enjoy it. In the end I fear it will split the community, because we have three very different games.

Well, in the end I wonder what do you hope for the next entry in the series will be? I like the idea having both, Grid 3 for Arcade and Grid Autosport 2 for simulation being released one after another.

Kinda like to hear what specific feature, tracks or cars you hope to see. Personally I hope next for a Grid 3 that is a sequel to the first Grid:
- a game that playes very similar to Grid 1
- with Spa, Nordschleife, Adelaide, Surfers Paradise, Monte Carlo, Donington Park, Silver Stone, Loch Rannoch, a larger San Francisco and new cties, and a fast Desert-Track
- Online, Splitscreen and LAN with: Multiplayer-Coop-Career, Multiplayer-Coop-Cups, all of course with AI, and yes of course playing against each other an other players, too
- Car Livery Editor like in Grid 2
- Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Subaru, Nissan, Ford GT, McLarren F1 GTR/LM, Aston Martin
- Career with Team-Magaement similar to Grid 1, it would be very cool, if you can optionally invite a friend to your Career-Mode, replacing the AI !!!

What is the next GRID-Game you want? 79 votes

Sequel to Race Driver GRID
30%
marcelofelipeJackKeySRS13Rastus1701lastbreathJoethe155pulcotimberwolf01RubyRubyDEUTSCHTEAMmcnabNWRChargerRacerPaul65DarkTownGamerJuice29Shevchenko67rusLuke9931Nitnelav07ChristinaMcandrew8455586Deletota 24 votes
Sequel to GRID 2
3%
CobraGamerJazz218Dnilo 3 votes
Sequel to GRID Autosport
32%
scottishwildcatsjsharp2010flowaangelzlikewiseTheEqualTesterBoyanXoxFlukeXoxcrazehayes1984Operator1HadokenRacefan107SimbaTaoXIERSIUS888BrandonlazzaJackBeckmanhrusa2czBukharovEryx16znomRazorEdge75 26 votes
Sequel to TOCA Race Driver 3
21%
MBKF1VirtuaIceManLFSwickedevanzo7joepineapplesKingOfTheCakesTDDBTJMAjax075LGS469giomminoTB214FedemaisonnaveKAYMP4punkianLiverpoolrule19Rezzzo2012 17 votes
A real simulation
11%
liikurTexRecReub09Charlie16BluestigtheravenousbeasCaleChibandajsm229LRM 9 votes
An action-spinoff like DiRT Showdown
0%
Post edited by JackKey on

Comments

• scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    Sequel to GRID Autosport
    Codemasters aren’t in the sim business now and aren’t likely to be in future, so a decent sequel to Autosport would do me fine.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion
    Sequel to GRID Autosport
    Grid ActuallyWorksAtLaunchSport

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. They listen to our money more than our requests & complaints. They'll continue selling whatever we continue buying. What we put up with, we end up with. If we want better, we have to stop throwing money at worse. A game's "success" is not measured by how much people play it & enjoy it, but by how many copies it sells & its media scores/ratings. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games that reliably function properly just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect."

• gorgor Member Unleaded
    • Sequel to Race Driver GRID
     •Sequel to GRID 2
     •Sequel to GRID Autosport
     •Sequel to TOCA Race Driver 3
     •A real simulation
     •An action-spinoff like DiRT Showdown
    Grid 1 servers on.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CM Give Text Chat ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CM Give Online Without FlashCheatBack ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CM Give Back Grid 1 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    Sequel to GRID Autosport
    Grid 1 servers are still on for Xbox 360... feel free to drop by anytime :)
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • gorgor Member Unleaded
    Grid 1 servers are still on for Xbox 360... feel free to drop by anytime :)
    So i should buy xbox and game again.
    Oh wait. And its realy possible to have another servers down in future

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CM Give Text Chat ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CM Give Online Without FlashCheatBack ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CM Give Back Grid 1 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 
  • crazehayes1984crazehayes1984 Member Unleaded
    Sequel to GRID Autosport
    Ps3? 
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Sequel to GRID Autosport
    Codemasters aren’t in the sim business now and aren’t likely to be in future, so a decent sequel to Autosport would do me fine.
    Same here I find Autosport to be the most fun of the Grid games personally

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• NWRChargerNWRCharger Member Wheel Nut
    Surveys like these should be taken by the thousands, that way something could be done about it 
    NWR opening for new members! Interested in joining?  Message me :)

• RTAnoskillsRTAnoskills Member New Car Smell
    No Flashbacks Online!!!!!!   Please
    xox Flukey xox
    Team NSR

Most number of Freezes :  29
    Project Cars confirmed 60fps on Xbox one
  • Racefan107Racefan107 Member New Car Smell
    Sequel to GRID Autosport
    You really cant go wrong with grid or grid as. Grid 2 was ok for a one time thing but no more of that please!
  • mpopampopa Member New Car Smell
    edited March 2015

Easy to answer: None.

Post edited by mpopa on
  • jsm229jsm229 Member New Car Smell
    A real simulation
    Sequel to GRID autosport would be nice, with extra cars to drift with though. 
  • RubyRubyRubyRuby Member Unleaded
    This is still here?

GRID:  The Legend.  Simply a remake of GRID with a few more tracks and a few more cars (more "Club GT" cars); and all the cars and tracks of the original game.  Doesn't need to be flashy.  And don't sneak in any tuning.  Keep "It's all about the race."  And you should probably really truly especially not forget cockpit cam and Derby.  And though I'm not a multiplayer, multiplayer probably should be fixed - and a way for the community to support servers when the company has to cease support.

Touring Cars is cool, but Club racing is for heros.

95%er here.
  • pulcopulco Member New Car Smell
    Race Driver Grid : the best online game ever created by Codemasters. F1 2015 and that online is a big ****. The solo game was also good although a bit repetitive.
  • smcinnessmcinnes Member New Car Smell
    Sequel to GRID Autosport
    I would like to see a bit of a mashup of the career of Grid 1 with the physics of Autosport. And Le Mans 24H is a must!
  • KingOfTheCakesKingOfTheCakes Member Wheel Nut
    Sequel to TOCA Race Driver 3
    Imo, "GRID Touring Cars" should be their next project, with the same kind of classifications and difficulty Dirt Rally has.

But a sequel to TRD3 would be alright too, with better handling obviously. That game was huge!
  • pulcopulco Member New Car Smell
    A simulation would be the ultimate dream; but I do not.
    By cons since Dirt Rally is finished it is the total silence of Southam studio? Why he does not communicate?
    He oh Codemasters fans are impatient and want you to do a little communication.
  • SRS13Rastus1701SRS13Rastus1701 Member Pit Crew
    I like GAS but Grid 1 will always be the daddy imo.
    After Grid 1 drift became a farce and slowly whittled away till only 5 tracks of which only 4 were any good,
    Assists off was practically no different to assists on (Grid 1 became much more simlike with them off).

I'd love to see a return to this style for drifting

Bring back Yokohama docks freestyle (NOT the dirt PAPdown version!)

No exclusive DLC's like when PC owners got nothing in Grid 1 yet consoles both got DLC's PC had to wait till Mac version was launched with the DLC's and someone created a patch for PC

More tracks, more cars, Co-op career mode like Grid 1's SP i,e, build a team and have seasons (I did 28 SP seasons in Grid 1, G2 career took a week to complete, and GAS I never bothered to finish career thanks to lack of incentives,  plenty others you can add to that list.

A game that doesn't repeatedly corrupt saves, minus the upgrades and tuning, G1's biggest attraction was the even playing field it was talent and skill instead of tuning in races that way (Ebay cars aside).

Most of all it should be supported and patched better than GAS was e.g. upgrades STILL do nothing to car performance no matter WHAT the stats claim. We were promised a fix was coming but Noooooo. All of a sudden all further support/patches/fixes were abandoned......
    It wasn't the first time either, Grid 1 PC servers killed without ANY warning despite there being 30-40 sessions almost all day every day.  
    F1 online the game anyone? closed beta, open beta, sold us in game items promised us continued support. We discovered and proved proof of a "low fuel bug" in time attack and rather than fix it it was binned on PC with almost no warning (2 weeks notice I think). This despite many having in game credit and unused items we got naff all compensation for. We then see the base game sold on iOS as F1 challenge! (I think that was the name)..

So you see even IF CM did what any group above requests I have no faith in them to finish what they start, after all F1 2016 looks like it has the same low polygon count for the cars as GAS had in 2014! no advancement just more of the same with a bit more gloss and DOF effects that just highlight the lack of progression....

After all they're going up against this now...... Believe me though this vid doesn't do Apex any real justice 60 fps recording when the games running @ 150+ on max settings....

It seems I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....:D
  • LoggyLoggy Member Unleaded

Most of all it should be supported and patched better than GAS was e.g. upgrades STILL do nothing to car performance no matter WHAT the stats claim. We were promised a fix was coming but Noooooo. 

Are you sure upgrades do nothing to any cars?. Ive started again online with all stock loan cars and there definately seem to be some cars that are just faster than mine which I cant catch even with a good tow so I have to settle back and take a position.
    It is more the touring class that I can see as the other standard cars are very good at holding a position.
    Do you need upgrades for the tuning unlocks to work? or do the unlocks enable tuning?.
    I am only using loan cars. 

• SRS13Rastus1701SRS13Rastus1701 Member Pit Crew
    edited November 2016
    Yup it was the last post from Loore on these forums, he was forced to advise us the the upgrade fix was no longer coming and all further support and patches for GAS would be cancelled and that he was leaving CM (last I heard he was with EA working on NFS).

Test it for yourself though take any car to level 50 no upgrades etc, run 5-10 laps indy oval
    THEN upgrade the car (No tuning). your times will be near identical, only tuning does anything at all in GAS.
    It seems I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....:D