Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Extraction Cranes & Debris removal/Barrier damage on track F1 2017 & Beyond

Eddy567Eddy567 Member Wheel Nut
Extraction Cranes:
When a large accident happens or a car is stuck in a sand trap due to an accident extraction cranes are depployed. Despite heavy criticism they remnain a vital imachinet used in all motorsports world wide. With the safety car in the game... i dont see why this feature has not already been added in the game. Im really sick of watching cars vanish into thin air while behind the safety car, it would be nice to see those many unoperational cranes on track already come out and clear out the cars while we drive behind the safety car. It is also a smart way to bring back red flag incidents... while everyone else not involved in the incident follows the safety car back into the pits... a cut scene plays of the incident removel till race starts once again, a smart idea is to add skip scene like we already have during practices and qualys for those who want to skip it. And the most obvious it adds to realism and some much life to the tracks.

Debris removal after an accident: A good way to bring some life to the track is to have marshals remove dangerous debri left behind after a small or big incident where small or large ammounts of debris is left on track. Would be nice to add this feature in conjunction with the cranes while under safety car, red or yellow flags. A fun and smart way to add this feature is to also have the option to report to the engineer that there is debri on track when a marshall has missed a spot. it is then reported to the race director we already have in the game who then makes the automatic decision to remove it by: bringing out yellow flags or the safety car so the marshalls are safe... it is a good way to have the director make the decision based on the ammount of debri, dangerous factor(might cause driver injury) ,size or sharpness (puncture risk). This idea comes for those who might try to abuse the feature to bring out the safety car to gain an advantage when there is no danger or nothing on track at all or just to troll.

Extra stuff:
Barrier damage could be a great addition to assist in red flag sessions and would put those marshalls to good use in order to fix or replace the barriers.
Post edited by Eddy567 on

Comments

• Eddy567Eddy567 Member Wheel Nut
    lol surprisingly not much feedback from jenny or anybody... but i guess its ok to dream.:)
  • battlecaptain91battlecaptain91 Member New Car Smell
    U are just right in every way.... and it will stay a dream i think but would be much more authentic and much more realistic.... but for this first maybe is a step to have a realistic car damage!!! Fom yhea i know but damn the tv signal dont stop too until a crash that just nobody see a crashed f1 car... i would just love it to have this kind off realism!! But will be a dream that never come true i think........ 
  • boothy1243boothy1243 Member New Car Smell
    This would be cool but it will never happen imo. 
  • MattCecilMattCecil Member New Car Smell
    It would be a good addition but in my opinion there could be other things to improve in career mode. Too big of a challenge at this stage of the year, maybe next year
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Race Engineer
    edited July 14
    thats what they are simulating doing under caution.  I mean, how are you going to watch that if you are circling the track behind the safety car?  
    Xbox one, controller
  • ForeverchampsForeverchamps Member Pit Crew
    kevinkirk said:
    thats what they are simulating doing under caution.  I mean, how are you going to watch that if you are circling the track behind the safety car?  

In real life, it is fairly common that the recovery tractor can be on for 1 or 2 laps, so the drivers do see it at the side of the track as they follow the safety car or when under VSC.
    i must also raise the point that it would also enhance the replay. system. it would bring some life to an otherwise artificial feeling environment... people sit at the same. spots...  same movements..  marshalls look like lifeless standing guards ect. 
    kevinkirk said:

well this my idea: it always takes more then one lap to clear an incident... as you drive by you can see most of what im asking for.. but as a red flag you can fast forward or wait in the pits behind the safety car while the incident clears out like in real life (exactly how the current fast forward feature is used to skip practice or if you are happy where you qualified and you don't want to wait) and see what happened under red flag using the replay once the race is finished.
  • djm99djm99 Member New Car Smell
    Geoff Crammond had cars lifted off the track in his games...pure genius!
  • Flazh92Flazh92 Member Wheel Nut
    edited July 17
    Should def. be in the game but I don't see it coming anytime soon. Codies is riding the Licence now I guess, just giving us slightly improvements like FIFA and going for the Casual Fans. Don't get me wrong, the game is really good gameplay wise, but its time for some big changes which they cant develop in just 1 year time. Im 100% sure they focused only on Classic Cars this year and gave us a big skill tree for R&D in career mode and thats it.. Time for a new Studio to pass the licence to?
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    djm99 said:
    It was cool at the time, but of course there was no actual crane to be seen... just a magically levitating car that then disappeared. Just imagine the furore if Codies did it like that...
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • BelgiumDudeBelgiumDude Member Petrol Head
    I have to agree. I never see any debris or cars being towed when the safety car is out. It always makes me wonder why the safety car is out.

scottishwildcat said:
    djm99 said:
    It was cool at the time, but of course there was no actual crane to be seen... just a magically levitating car that then disappeared. Just imagine the furore if Codies did it like that...
    Finally someone says i!. Every time I hear someone compare to old games I'm like "then play that game and feel so underwhelmed". The first F1 game I really liked was Formula 1 CE. It also has a cult status but I would never want to play that game again because it just can't match with what we have today. All the features we have today just outmatch everything that we remember to be so good in the old games.