Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2017 Snapchat British Grand Prix

MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
In a rather late decision, I'm going to Silverstone tomorrow with one of my mates! Can't wait to see these new 2017 cars for the first time. Just hope the rain stays away and it's moderately warm!

But back to the race preview, Formula 1 today announced a new global partnership with popular social media app, Snapchat. Trackside sponsorship will be present, and a series of new innovative strategies was announced, with details below.

WATCH LIVE FROM THE HELMET
All drivers must wear the new Snapchat Spectacles which will live stream each driver's view as they are racing.

VIRTUAL REALITY
Combining with the other Formula 1 partnerships, there will be a selection of virtual reality objects to place into your Snaps. This will include:
- Heineken bottles
- Rolex watches
- Fly Emirates aeroplanes
- Carbon champagne bottles
- 2003 British GP intruder
- Johnny Herbert on a Segway
- Deckchairs

FACE FILTERS
There will also be a selection of special face filters to put over your own face. These will include:
- Chase Carey and his moustache
- Sean Bratches and his eyebrows
- Ross Brawn and his lips
- Nigel Mansell and his moustache
- Lewis Hamilton and his general bling
- Daniel Ricciardo and his teeth
- Kimi Raikkonen and a 'bwoah' sound effect for videos.
MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

Comments

• GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    Have a great time!

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    'Hey Esteban, do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions please?'

'Of course!'

'Cool, well, this guy from a forum asked when are you going to slap Checo silly once and for all?'

*silence*
    *asked to leave event*
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • MexicolaMexicola Member Race Engineer
    Asked to leave but known as a hero by all.
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    edited July 13
    MBKF1 said:
    'Hey Esteban, do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions please?'

'Of course!'

'Cool, well, this guy from a forum asked when are you going to slap Checo silly once and for all?'

*silence*
    *asked to leave event*
    Make sure you have two beer cans in your hands and slam them together and pour them in as you leave ;)

Wish I was going to Sliverstone tomorrow, alas the only place I'm going tomorrow is the vets as my old dog is ill again :(
  • JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    Ask Checo if he consumed Gutierrez' talents for maximum Mexican power.

Ask the both of them who would win in a game of Mario Kart.

Ask Ocon if he ever was worried that his height would get in the way of a F1-career.

Ask Checo what's it like to leave the Ferrari-academy to join McLaren, to now being in a Mercedes-B team to now being linked with Ferrari again.

Ask Checo what it's like to be the first pay-driver who is so fast that people forget that he's a pay-driver.

Ask Checo if anyone in the paddock misses Maldonado.

Ask any of them if they have any juicy stories on Wehrlein and why he didn't join Force India.

• LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Race Steward
    That is such an awesome story haha, mad how things work out sometimes.. Have a blast mate! 
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    I know, absolutely mad how it works out sometimes. Thank you!

Had a blast today as well, I'm absolutely knackered after walking the whole track, plus a relatively long walk to the car park! I went on RouteBuilder and worked out we walked about 12.5 km / 8 miles today!

Sat at Luffield for FP1, it was a fairly uneventful session, and then we spent an hour or so at the F1 Fan Zone as there was a break in proceedings. It was actually really good, loads to do, some cool displays. Just walking around the site as well, you can see the new things Liberty are bringing in. Loads of Heineken bars everywhere (although it's £5.30 for a pint, total daylight robbery), and cool pictures everywhere, and when nothing was happening on track, they were playing classic races on the screens. Really good stuff.

We then walked all the way round to Maggots and Becketts and sat in the grandstand there for FP2. Absolutely the best place to watch these F1 cars from, as you get a great view of the whole Loop section + Wellington Straight, as well as seeing the cars absolutely hammer round those amazing corners, of course!

I still can't believe the speed they take through Maggots and Becketts, just pure commitment. Amazing, and we some big moments for Sainz, Hamilton, Massa and Raikkonen. There was also this incredible camera setup down there (there's a shot they'll use this weekend looking back at Maggots and Becketts where the camera will slowly raise up. This camera is remote controlled and on this thing that extends into about 5 pieces, raising maybe like 20 metres high. Really impressive.

We also had a look at the cameras they use in the coverage, they said what model they were on the side, so we Googled how much they cost. I was stunned. £215,000... I knew they'd be expensive, but bloody heck.

After F1 finished we walked up to Copse and watched GP2 from there, had a wander around the Silverstone Technical College (where they had that Bloodhound car on display), as well as some incredible works of art, which were portraits of Vettel and Webber, but made entirely of magazine clippings and cutouts, all to do with them as well. I'll post a picture soon if I remember, but it's seriously impressive.

Watched GP3 from Woodcote, and then the Porsche's from the Loop, and then began the long walk back to the car, and a cheeky Maccas drive thru on the drive back.

F1 has got to stay at Silverstone. It just has to, they need to find a way. The passion of the fans is amazing. The Maggots / Becketts grandstand was packed, as it was everywhere around the track, and it was just a Friday! And so many people stayed to watch the GP2 / GP3 and Porsches as well. Having a street circuit in London would be incredible, but it would have to be an extra along with Silverstone. Just a brilliant event.

Bring on tomorrow, aaaaagggghhhh!
  • heideldrumheideldrum Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    That sounds absolutely brilliant! Have a great day tomorrow. More coverage very welcome! Greets from south germany! (btw very close to Hockenheim) 
    MSI GT62VR 7RE - GTX 1070   Logitech G29
    Really wanted dry qualifying, just because of the potential lap time. Wouldn't mind a bit of rain during the race though.
    Alonso P1 eyaaaaaaaa ya boy yeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I think if Hamilton gets a penalty the stewards will be hiding inside Silverstone overnight :joy:
    Half a second faster than anyone else. Unbelievable. 
  • JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    It's amazing that, when Hamilton is on form, you feel like it's impossible to imagine him anywhere but on top in certain events: Montreal and Silverstone. Basically unbeatable. Can't imagine him not winning tomorrow if nothing happens.
    edited July 15
    1: That's not the UK
    2: It's not even open

I do find it hilarious reading all the comments saying they are drinking one right now, I bet Lewis hasn't ever drank the stuff 

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    He was walking around drinking one after the last race in Austria ;)

Super crap quality, but you can see it in his hand.

Was there anything actually in it though, or just part of his sponsorship commitment. It was just a light hearted comment :p
    Haha I bloody love this, British fans :heart:

So Brundle has become ill and gone to the medical centre, right after they showed a big montage of his grid walks. Unfortunate timing, hoping he's ok.