Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Time Trial Woes F1 2016

Quattro7Quattro7 Member New Car Smell
I'm having trouble with the Time Trial mode. I set a time then change the set-up but it has no effect. If I change the set-up again it still has no effect. I can even go back to the default set-up and then still not be able to set the same time as I initially had done. 

Is anyone else having this problem? 
I believe this to be a glitch in the game rather than a error on my part with the set-up. 

Comments

• haydn23haydn23 Member Petrol Head
    Never had the glitch, but sounds like something that would happen as a glitch. I would restart the game or if on pc verify integrity of game files then give it another go
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • Quattro7Quattro7 Member New Car Smell
    haydn23 said:
    Never had the glitch, but sounds like something that would happen as a glitch. I would restart the game or if on pc verify integrity of game files then give it another go
    Tried it again tonight. Any adjustment of the set-up destroys the car's handling. If I return to the menu screen then retry it's ok again but subsequent set-up up changes and the same happens. I don't wish to re-install the game. So will just persevere until 2017 comes out. Very annoying though. 
  • FOneFanaticFOneFanatic Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited July 17
    You have to save then apply your set up. It works for me EVERY time as I have multiple set ups saved for various tracks in the game.  Also in Time Trials, each time you start a new session you need to apply your own set up, as the set up you applied during a session does not persist outside of the session. 
    If his unpleasant wounding, has in someway enlightened the rest of us, as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life, and has inspired us all to change our ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory!

"Gone in 60 Seconds"
  • Quattro7Quattro7 Member New Car Smell
    You have to save then apply your set up. It works for me EVERY time as I have multiple set ups saved for various tracks in the game.  Also in Time Trials, each time you start a new session you need to apply your own set up, as the set up you applied during a session does not persist outside of the session. 
    This part I understand. It's the same in career mode but problem is that changing anything in the garage during a Time Trial session doesn't take effect but destroys the cars setup.