Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Will F1 2017 Ai be improved?!?

- I'm not trying to sound like some racing god here -

But for some tracks on f1 2016 the Ai are rediculously slow. I'm not the best driver on this game, but even with almost no practice with my new wheel on f1 games the ultimate Ai aren't much of a challenge on some tracks. (Bahrain they're slow as a tractor etc) some tracks they're ok like Australia and Spain
- here's an example where I just jumped on and started a 100% race on top Ai without much practice, or focus, finished 4th with non upgraded Toro Rosso

as said I'm not the quickest driver in the world, and my driving was pretty bad, but surely there should be a bit more of a challenge against supposedly "ultimate" AI.

If the Ai aren't competitive it takes away a lot of the fun and motivation to start a career etc.
Maybe improve it to the level where you'd expect in a decent quality league race (or heck, maybe even a difficulty representative of the best drivers in real life *cough* like actual f1 xD )
even if they are just improved by a few tenths per lap at some tracks, it would make the racing a lot more entertaining.

not that I expect a response from anyone making this game, because up to this point we still aren't being given any substantial information about the game xD

Comments

• ForeverchampsForeverchamps Member Pit Crew

Do you race with assists?

If you do, perhaps turn them off, and then maybe they would be more of a challenge. If not, I dont really know much to say other than hopefully there is a slider system in 2017.

• peyt0n89peyt0n89 Member Wheel Nut
    edited July 16
    Do you use flashbacks? No vehicle damage? Assists? If the answer to all was yes, then turn everything off and see how you do.
    I smell like a new car.
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Petrol Head
    It doesn't look like ur a bad driver but I think ur using abs and med tc. tell em if i'm wrong but it does look a bit like u are. If ur not gg ur a rly good driver there, a lot better than me although I play the game like once a month on a pad, but u do look quite good if u don't run assists.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • WestyyWestyy Member New Car Smell
    Like others have said, using assists will help you. Especially TC if you disable that, you most likely will lose half a second. You're deffo using some sort of TC though, Disable it :)
  • LEWISt17KIMILEWISt17KIMI Member Unleaded
    edited July 17
    - I'm not trying to sound like some racing god here -

But for some tracks on f1 2016 the Ai are rediculously slow. I'm not the best driver on this game, but even with almost no practice with my new wheel on f1 games the ultimate Ai aren't much of a challenge on some tracks. (Bahrain they're slow as a tractor etc) some tracks they're ok like Australia and Spain
    - here's an example where I just jumped on and started a 100% race on top Ai without much practice, or focus, finished 4th with non upgraded Toro Rosso

as said I'm not the quickest driver in the world, and my driving was pretty bad, but surely there should be a bit more of a challenge against supposedly "ultimate" AI.

If the Ai aren't competitive it takes away a lot of the fun and motivation to start a career etc.
    Maybe improve it to the level where you'd expect in a decent quality league race (or heck, maybe even a difficulty representative of the best drivers in real life *cough* like actual f1 xD )
    even if they are just improved by a few tenths per lap at some tracks, it would make the racing a lot more entertaining.

not that I expect a response from anyone making this game, because up to this point we still aren't being given any substantial information about the game xD

It's clear, that you are faster than the ai, and basically just toying with them. I note that other members have pointed out that you may be using some assist, but the ai pace isn't the only problem. These ai lack intelligent race raft. What cm have being producing, and presenting as ai, are nothing more than speed drones, that can just about pull off, an overtaking move.
    Post edited by LEWISt17KIMI on
  • Ujhelyi91Ujhelyi91 Member Wheel Nut
    Agree with above post. I think the times on ultimate are fairly representative of real life race times but the AI only seem to stick to a racing line and if it gets jeopardized then they slow down horrendously.
  • ForeverchampsForeverchamps Member Pit Crew
    edited July 18
    Ujhelyi91 said:
    Agree with above post. I think the times on ultimate are fairly representative of real life race times but the AI only seem to stick to a racing line and if it gets jeopardized then they slow down horrendously.

I agree, but more importantly, having watched the video, it looks like @thenorfolkblue is running with assists on, if they turn off the assists, the AI wont be so much faster, and they may even need to turn down the level from ultimate to legend.
  • ffigueirffigueir Member Wheel Nut
    Slider system would be perfect and suitable to all players
  • FOneFanaticFOneFanatic Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited July 18
    In every game produced there should be constant improvements in all aspects of the game, to include AI and all things code centric. Take for example T10, they strive with each game to improve the handling and haptic physics so that gamers feels ever more closely connected with the car by way of improved haptics that communicate exactly what the car's drive train and tires are doing on the race track.  As a connoisseur of racing games, I feel that Codemasters are but one of a few non-Microsoft companies involved with producing racing games that seem to understand this. So you can expect F1 2017 to feel and behave much better than F1 2016 - that's the plan mates! 
    If his unpleasant wounding, has in someway enlightened the rest of us, as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life, and has inspired us all to change our ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory!

"Gone in 60 Seconds"
  • MakicielMakiciel Member New Car Smell
    To use the cockpit view will also make the race harder.
  • BelgiumDudeBelgiumDude Member Petrol Head
    ffigueir said:
    Slider system would be perfect and suitable to all players
    Well this year there will be a slider
  • davidbassildavidbassil Member Unleaded
    how did u know ?? @BelgiumDude

• Body is 10 characters too short.
  • Sector4Sector4 Member Pit Crew
    how did u know ?? @BelgiumDude

• Body is 10 characters too short.

Lee Mather said so on Twitter.
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • norfolkbluenorfolkblue Member New Car Smell
    Ujhelyi91 said:

I agree, but more importantly, having watched the video, it looks like @thenorfolkblue is running with assists on, if they turn off the assists, the AI wont be so much faster, and they may even need to turn down the level from ultimate to legend.
    yeah i'm using medium tc, because as said before i just jump on to the game once in a while for a quick race and don't practice. I practiced a lot a while ago with no assists and still easily kept up with Ultimate AI, there really needs to be a harder difficulty...
    Dope New Racing Youtuber, 580 Subs and Counting!
    Check out my channel, you know you want to xD
    https://www.youtube.com/c/NorfolkBlue