Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Honestly! Why did this get me a 3 Second Time Penalty?

Is it because I didn't lose enough time? (because I certainly didn't gain any time)
Or maybe because I hit the styrofoam?

I post 100% races on my YouTube channel: YouTube.com/BeatdownRacing

Comments

• AdamFreemanAdamFreeman Member Wheel Nut
    Pentalties in the game are stupid.         
  • ForeverchampsForeverchamps Member Wheel Nut
    edited July 16
    From my experience, i think the game gives you a penalty if you go full throttle when cutting the track - if you lift off, it wont give you a penalty. Clearly your video shows the game doesnt care about your average speed when off the track, as you certainly lost time. However, i think i have cut that corner before and done the same as you, but didnt get a penalty, so i guess you were just unlucky.
  • BeatdownRacingBeatdownRacing Member New Car Smell
    From my experience, i think the game gives you a penalty if you go full throttle when cutting the track - if you lift off, it wont give you a penalty. Clearly your video shows the game doesnt care about your average speed when off the track, as you certainly lost time. However, i think i have cut that corner before and done the same as you, but didnt get a penalty, so i guess you were just unlucky.

You might be right. I'll try regaining the track without going full throttle next time something like this happens to see if it doesn't give me a time penalty then!

I post 100% races on my YouTube channel: YouTube.com/BeatdownRacing
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Petrol Head

I think this is tru, u have to be below a certain speed and below a certain amount on the throttle and I think also have to spend a certain amount of time off the track, ofc that does not apply in this scenario
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • AyrotonS296AyrotonS296 Member Unleaded

Watch This :wink:
    • Body is 30 characters too short
  • ForeverchampsForeverchamps Member Wheel Nut
    edited July 17

Watch This :wink:
    • Body is 30 characters too short

Yes, I have experienced that issue as well at Singapore, I think it can also happen at one or two other tracks, cant remember exactly which, but I think it may have been Russia.

Its odd how it happens sometimes and not others. I dont suppose CM will tell us exactly why you get penalties, as it may lead to drivers trying to gain an advantage by cutting corners, but staying within the game's 'rules'.