Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Will 2016 be dead by August 25?

Hoping that some of you guys have some experience with this. I only got into playing multiplayer this year for the first time and I love it. I'm hoping that I can keep playing F1 2016 until Christmas time so that I can get 2017 for cheaper than at launch. So does anyone have any ideas on how active 2016 will be after 2017 releases? I am playing on PS4 so that is a bonus in the player count department.

Comments

• larryllarryl Member Pit Crew
    of course it will not be dead, there will be many more people like you.
    F1-2017 Beta Tester - League Driver - Thrustmaster T150 - PlaySeat Evolution White - PS4 - No Assists
  • Dboyking1Dboyking1 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    Yeah I've done with with 2015, 2016 just released and there was still quite a bit of people playing F1 2015, honestly I think F1 games die down in Jan/Feb because loads will be on 2017 due to Black Friday, Xmas and Jan sales.

"I've always believed you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Micheal Schumacher

#KeepFightingMicheal

• thombrouwer90thombrouwer90 Member Pit Crew
    I feel like last year we had more interaction round this time on the forums..
    Team radio: "[insert name here], Thom is faster than you!"
  • larryllarryl Member Pit Crew
    edited July 17

you are right, but last year we had all the info on the new game round this time.
    You can board the hype train when CM is giving us all the info :wink:
    F1-2017 Beta Tester - League Driver - Thrustmaster T150 - PlaySeat Evolution White - PS4 - No Assists
  • PrinceVlad1888PrinceVlad1888 Member New Car Smell
    Absolutely! - F1 2016 like it's predecessor will go the same way...
    'I am the last of my kind...'
  • thombrouwer90thombrouwer90 Member Pit Crew
    larryl said:

you are right, but last year we had all the info on the new game round this time.
    You can board the hype train when CM is giving us all the info :wink:
    True, I think this time last year we had already gotten the lead features lined up for us.
    Team radio: "[insert name here], Thom is faster than you!"
  • jammie360jammie360 Member Wheel Nut
    Buy from simply games, usually about £10 cheaper than amazon, game etc
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Race Steward
    You'll see a decrease in popularity but not massively. It's like on ps3 atleast people still play f1 2013 quite regularly and a lot of people on my steam friends list still play f1 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • Swift747Swift747 Member Wheel Nut
    Nope. It's already dead now.