Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT 4 - version 1.05 [Steam only] - found a bug? Post it here!

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
Hi all,

We've just pushed a patch live on Steam which brings in added support for processors with over eight cores.

As usual, if you notice anything that might've slipped through the cracks, please let us know on this thread. 

Thanks,
Team DiRT

Comments

• chukonuchukonu Member Wheel Nut
    Oh cool, I have eight cores. Will try!

Is it just the support for eight cores or is there more?
  • Snaky115Snaky115 Member Pit Crew
    Nothing else in the notes? It is a 500 megabyte download. Still, neat, processor shenanigans!
    FX-8350, 16GB, dead GPU.
    And a KEYBOARD! #KeyBro
    #Latvia
  • BybukasBybukas Member New Car Smell
    When's the real patch coming? If you release a game you supposed to work on it afterwards, not leave it be if you want people to play it.
  • MarioVilasMarioVilas Member Unleaded
    You need to put the game working cause people are leaving it aside. 
    In Pro Tour i have to wait 10 or more minutes to find someone online. It is very sad that this happen. People are getting bored of the game. 
  • chukonuchukonu Member Wheel Nut
    Fairly certain I actually took a performance hit from this patch!
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    edited July 17
    Yeah my framerate went below 30 in the Stratos Michigan daily in a couple of spots.

Though, to be fair, it happened yesterday in the Wales daily as well, with the Renault 5.
    "it's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are"
  • nbates66nbates66 Member New Car Smell
    Yeah my framerate went below 30 in the Stratos Michigan daily in a couple of spots.

Though, to be fair, it happened yesterday in the Wales daily as well, with the Renault 5.
    might be related to specific stages, I saw this on a few spain stages in 1.04, possibly that certain random layouts endup happening to disagree with our hardware? when it happened to me it was very specifically those stages only, maybe we should start adding them to "My Stages" so we can then point them out to the devs.
    Sorry, but i cannot enjoy the game as it is actually!
  • jayblue99jayblue99 Member New Car Smell
    A little frustrating if all the patch does is all support for extra CPU's. Steam takes a long time to apply the patch because, unlike all my other Steam games, Dirt 4 has to pre allocate space, unpack game files, apply the patch, and repack the files. Making such a small change which takes so long to apply is more than a little irritating.
  • TheRealPhilTheRealPhil Member New Car Smell
    I normally support most of the things the Dirt Team does. Even with Dirt Rally, which had many update throughout its life cycle, I always felt like the updates benefited the game.

...........Seriously though, i have been looking everywhere for what my fellow D4 players want. Never have I ever seen someone demand support for above Octa Core processors. Sure, with Threadrippers coming it looks like it might be a good idea but no one uses them yet. However, people want a grip rework and i just can't see why this hasn't happened yet! At least roll out something out for beta users so they can judge wether the handling has improved, not doing anything about it really breaks the game for me and many others
  • EnsiFerrumEnsiFerrum Member Pit Crew
    Doesn't download!
    Just says Inadequate hard disk space. I have 126GB free on this drive!

"I find your lack of communications disturbing" - Lord Darth Vader to Codemasters Community Manager
    Body is n characters too short. <- THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!
    Once with professionals ...

Sys-Spec:
     Intel Core i7-6700K / 32GB RAM / ASUS Stryx GTX 1080 A8G / T300RS / TH8RS / CSP v3
  • LatvallaLatvalla Member New Car Smell
    What a good news, at least (one day) I could play D4 with a processor with over eight cores, cool ! So many people were asking for this update...
  • FjacobsenFjacobsen Member New Car Smell
    Looking into the Dirt 4 game folder, alot more files than just those that could be for 8 Core CPU updates, has been updated.

Maybe placebo, but both the RWD Opel Manta and Kadett seems more tail happy now, and I also noticed that stage notes now included grey boxes with distances, which I have not noticed before- but again it could be just me..
    In my case the FFB is very weak and in some places not even noticeable. I'm going to start driving outside the sections, which is where the FFB really stands out. They should use the Dirt Rally FFB. In Dirt 4 the cars are very unstable. I do not know if it's normal. I have already posted this and more previously and got no response. They should have done as they did in Dirt Rally. Early access and the community giving feedback. But the "damage" is done now. So you gotta fix it! Thanks.
    In my case the FFB is very weak and in some places not even noticeable. I'm going to start driving outside the sections, which is where the FFB really stands out. They should use the Dirt Rally FFB. In Dirt 4 the cars are very unstable. I do not know if it's normal. I have already posted this and more previously and got no response. They should have done as they did in Dirt Rally. Early access and the community giving feedback. But the "damage" is done now. So you gotta fix it! Thanks.
  • GPx8GPx8 Member New Car Smell
    This game was not made to have FFB wheel in mind like Dirt Rally. I can play it with a controller and Dirt Rally is very dificult to play with a controller on PC
    DiRt Rally PC game, DiRT4 console game...
    :(
    i5-2500K, 8G RAM, GTX1060/6GB / Logitech G29 / Win7_64                 
    GPx8 said:
    This game was not made to have FFB wheel in mind like Dirt Rally. I can play it with a controller and Dirt Rally is very dificult to play with a controller on PC
    DiRt Rally PC game, DiRT4 console game...
    :(
    That's true! 
  • NarzugonNarzugon Member Unleaded
    Fjacobsen said:
    Looking into the Dirt 4 game folder, alot more files than just those that could be for 8 Core CPU updates, has been updated.

Maybe placebo, but both the RWD Opel Manta and Kadett seems more tail happy now, and I also noticed that stage notes now included grey boxes with distances, which I have not noticed before- but again it could be just me..
    The grey boxes with distances were there before the update. At least on XB1.
  • FjacobsenFjacobsen Member New Car Smell
    edited July 17
    Narzugon said:
    Fjacobsen said:

The grey boxes with distances were there before the update. At least on XB1.
    Ok - I´m on PC so maybe it´s all just placebo.
    If that is true it should be the time for CM to pull their acts together and look into it.

With F1 2017 just around the corner, I woud like to see this title fixed before putting more money into a company that seems to ignore it´s customer base. Then better safe my money for Project Cars 2, where we also will have some "dirt" racing..
  • YorAlcoholicDadYorAlcoholicDad Member Petrol Head
    again with this BS you want 35GB of hard drive space for 500MB of update? this nefs file system is so stupid

• DidzisDidzis Member Race Engineer
    ...........Seriously though, i have been looking everywhere for what my fellow D4 players want. Never have I ever seen someone demand support for above Octa Core processors. Sure, with Threadrippers coming it looks like it might be a good idea but no one uses them yet. However, people want a grip rework and i just can't see why this hasn't happened yet! At least roll out something out for beta users so they can judge wether the handling has improved, not doing anything about it really breaks the game for me and many others
    I did see a post where someone with a 22 core Xeon (might have not been 22 but it was a lot) was complaining, that DiRT wouldn't even start.
    And also, the RYZEN 7's are 8 core 16 thread and programs often count threads as cores so this update was probably also needed
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport